Dutch NT 2013-2014

• I always have hope that JANS Carlijn, VAN Daelen Deborah, and of course MEIJNERS Floortje. Accept the Dutch play NT.

Good point, I totally forgot Deborah van Daelen...well, she might have - like Floortje - personal reasons :win: Carlijn Jans retired from high level, she plays in Dutch League and has 2 kids meanwhile :win:

• Floojte, how can we make you play in NT? :( last time she was in NT was 6 years ago when Dutch NT made a big success in WGP, now she's one of the best OHs in Italian league, but doesn't want to play in NT. It's all said because of her studies and some other reasons, but I don't really get it.

She and Buijs can make a difference since both of them are strong attackers whereas both Maret and Debby are practically balanced as receivers. just see that, Holland couldn't make a success last year in Ankara because of the lack of attacks. even Manon was definitely out of shape.

my roster for Dutch NT should look like this...

Stoltenborg-Flier
    de Kruijf-Wensink
    Buijs-Stam
    Schoot(L)

however I have a feeling that Laura will obviously play as main setter and either Femke or Kim stay on the bench.

• 1.I thought if Meijners was back,Sloetjes can be put on the OPP position.
    And use Flier for serve.
    2.Now we can only put Anne Buijs and Plak Celeste on OH,Plak is really a talented player!
    Also Moniek Jansen is a super surprise!Kim Renkema plays well in Italia but she is so short,on the other hand Flore is tall enough!
    I hope Kathy Bonsen will be back soon,she is a balanced receiver and attacker.
    3.About setter,Stlotenborg is much better than Dijkema.
    4.Steenbergen is really a great attacker,she deserve more chance.And why Jeanie Stoeten is not called?She is a monster blocker.Also Nicole Koolhaas.Yvon、Tynn and the other girl are talened but not good enough,also not that tall!

• And my roster

Stoltenborg-Sloetjes(Flier)
    Wensink-Steenbergen(Kruijf)
    Buijs-Plak(Debby、Maret)

• And my roster

Stoltenborg-Sloetjes(Flier)
    Wensink-Steenbergen(Kruijf)
    Buijs-Plak(Debby、Maret)

I'm quite surprised that you didn't mention about Deborah this time. You always keep saying she needs to get back in NT bla bla (It's true though) :lol: I don't agree with Flier being used only for serving. she had a really bad season last year in NT, but I believe as the captain and one of the most experienced players, she will play a lot better this year. I know that Lonneke is such a talent, but not yet better than Manon who's been playing as the biggest shot for so many years. Quinta is also a good one, but I think Robin will be playing as main MB as well. I don't know who Plak is, so I can't say anything. Speaking of Femke, I'm more like a fan of Laura, however gotta agree with you. Femke is a better setter in every aspect.

• I'm quite surprised that you didn't mention about Deborah this time. You always keep saying she needs to get back in NT bla bla (It's true though) :lol: I don't agree with Flier being used only for serving. she had a really bad season last year in NT, but I believe as the captain and one of the most experienced players, she will play a lot better this year. I know that Lonneke is such a talent, but not yet better than Manon who's been playing as the biggest shot for so many years. Quinta is also a good one, but I think Robin will be playing as main MB as well. I don't know who Plak is, so I can't say anything. Speaking of Femke, I'm more like a fan of Laura, however gotta agree with you. Femke is a better setter in every aspect.

Dutch lost so many good players,Deborah 、Meijners、Jans、Ester de Vries and the Pesaro libero...
    I used to think Deborah and Pietersen would be the best MB-line for NED (they are balance compared to Kruijf)but they both turn into OPP :lol:
    About Sloetjes,she is now better than Flier in attack,but Flier is the spirit leader!Hard to choose.
    But Sloetjes 、Plak、Buijs are all in OH-line,it is so pity〜

About Plak,she is born in 1995,height 190(now),and she is a black dutch(i do not know how to say)so she jumps even higher than Sloetjes.This year is her first season in Dutch League but she is already playing so amazing,one of the best OHs!

• Dutch lost so many good players,Deborah 、Meijners、Jans、Ester de Vries and the Pesaro libero...
    I used to think Deborah and Pietersen would be the best MB-line for NED (they are balance compared to Kruijf)but they both turn into OPP :lol:
    About Sloetjes,she is now better than Flier in attack,but Flier is the spirit leader!Hard to choose.
    But Sloetjes 、Plak、Buijs are all in OH-line,it is so pity〜

About Plak,she is born in 1995,height 190(now),and she is a black dutch(i do not know how to say)so she jumps even higher than Sloetjes.This year is her first season in Dutch League but she is already playing so amazing,one of the best OHs!

Pesaro libero must be Elke. She's retired. both Deborah Van daelan and Floojete Meijners don't want to play in NT at all. Well, indeed It's a big shame. But It's just an excuse, you should play with remained players.

• Good point, I totally forgot Deborah van Daelen...well, she might have - like Floortje - personal reasons :win: Carlijn Jans retired from high level, she plays in Dutch League and has 2 kids meanwhile :win:

How high is Esther van Berkel?

• 1m76 i think

Les pieds dans le fumier, mais toujours le verbe haut et la tête droite ! Cocorico !

• Lonneke Sloetjes suffered a shoulder injury in training last week. There is no definite diagnosis yet, the doctors have different opinions and more exams will be made. It's possible that she can play again in a few weeks, but it's also possible that she'll need surgery and will be out several months :S

• Source: Interview with Ines Bathen.

In the interview is said, she even might not play at the ECH....ECH is in September...it's now April.... :S

Edit: tomorrow is April :win:

• I think this is in case she needs surgery. Let's say she has surgery in mid/end April, then I suppose the shoulder needs 1-2 months at least complete rest, and in that time she will lose most of the muscles around there. Once the injury itself has healed, she first needs to rebuild the muscles to give stability to the shoulder, but exactly because of the lack of stability, this training needs to be done slowly. For an attacker, an injured shoulder is one of the worst things that can happen. Fürst injured her shoulder in the playoffs in Italian league in May 2010 and she came back for WCH in November 2010, but she had very little power in the arm. As MB this is not as big a problem as for OH/Opps. Anne Matthes got injured last year in May or June, played WGP despite the injury and had surgery in August or September. Now it's almost April and she slowly regains her old power, but she's still not at the 100% that an attacker needs to do 5 sets of powerful spikes :S

So I really hope Lonneke's injury is not that serious!

• Hope for the best for Lonneke ..... and her fans...

May be I can ask her sunday how she's doing...

Sloetjes and Buijs are always injuired...why?

• Hope for the best for Lonneke ..... and her fans...

May be I can ask her sunday how she's doing...

We can use Buijs and Plak!

• Lonneke is tall and she has a thin body. So, she is more vulnerable for injuries than other players.

Anne has, in general, a strong body. Her injuries at her both legs are originally from 3 or 4 years ago. Now, after the surgeries, there would be no problems anymore.