Dutch NT 2013-2014

• The results in 1st weekend are as expected. In 2nd Divsion, the 3 European countries are the strongest teams. I'm especially looking forward to the 3rd weekend: Netherlands, Poland, Belgium and Puerto Rico. Since Poland is present, Polsat will broadcast all the matches :drink: :drink: :drink:

In my opinion Yvon Beliën is doing a good job in starting-six.

I'm curious about the reception-line against strong opponents like Poland and Belgium.

In 2nd and 3rd weekend, Vermeulen will pick a 14-roster, so probably Carlijn Ghijssen-Jans and Ester van Berkel will join the team again.

Next weekend in Belgium, Netherlands will meet except the host also Argentina and Canada.

• I really like her.. And she is not very tall right? I mean Wiki is saying she is 1.88 but I doubt that (just like Jackson) She should be a starter IMO.. she is attacking more in front of the setter right? And Robin has become a really strong slider so I think those two could work as MBs :win:

• I really like her.. And she is not very tall right? I mean Wiki is saying she is 1.88 but I doubt that (just like Jackson) She should be a starter IMO.. she is attacking more in front of the setter right? And Robin has become a really strong slider so I think those two could work as MBs :win:

Yvon's height is 1.88 m. , at least I never read a different height. She is indeed not very tall, but she has a good jump.

Both Yvon and Robin attack in front of the setter and do slide-attacks :win:

• She says: Quinta nominated (requested) me to do so, and now I fulfill her request. I myself now would like to nominate Laura, the woman behind the camera!

It seems a kind of truth or dare game; at least the one who doesn't fulfill the request has to 'pay' :lol: :lol:

• - When Flier will be back to national team ? Is she still in the honeymoon vacation ?

- Femke was an excellent performance until now in NT season, Laura seem to remain behind her this summer ;)

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Manon is already back from honeymoon. She is currently practicing with National Youth Team at Papendal (National Training Centre). Vermeulen expects her to join NT soon.

• She says: Quinta nominated (requested) me to do so, and now I fulfill her request. I myself now would like to nominate Laura, the woman behind the camera!

It seems a kind of truth or dare game; at least the one who doesn't fulfill the request has to 'pay' :lol: :lol:

:lol: I see...thanks for the explaining...lets wait and see now what happens to Laura..hehehe

• Manon is already back from honeymoon. She is currently practicing with National Youth Team at Papendal (National Training Centre). Vermeulen expects her to join NT soon.

I've read this news before and I don't really understand.. Isn't he (Vermeulen) deciding when she's ready to play? And if she's already practicing why isn't she with the other girls when they are not traveling?

• I've read this news before and I don't really understand.. Isn't he (Vermeulen) deciding when she's ready to play? And if she's already practicing why isn't she with the other girls when they are not traveling?

Eventually, the moment of return will be a decision in good cooperation between Manon and Gido.

Fact is, Manon has a special (privileged) position in NT-roster, since Vermeulen became headcoach in 2012 --> Each year Manon decides wether to continue or retire. She decides herself which tournaments she will play. Since 2012, she only joins NT in July.
    I totally agree with this policy, since Manon's performances and work for NT in the past.

When Selinger was headcoach/dictator he overused Manon totally. She had only a few days a year off.

Manon has still very high value for NT (She saved NT during WCH-Q in Croatia in January). She really likes it at the moment, with all the young girls around her and she really likes to share her experience. She still wants to be part of NT, but, also regarding her age, at her own conditions (not anymore like during Selinger-era).

Manon :flower: :flower: :flower:

• Yeah I get it.. It was strange for me that the coach expects her to join and she is already training.. Also I've read those kind of news in the Croatian NT thread I think, that's why I asked.. Manon is a great player of course, her deciding whether to join or not, it's not a question for me.. She was really nice when I asked to take a picture with her last summer, she even kneeled not to be so tall :flower:

• Yeah I get it.. It was strange for me that the coach expects her to join and she is already training.. Also I've read those kind of news in the Croatian NT thread I think, that's why I asked.. Manon is a great player of course, her deciding whether to join or not, it's not a question for me.. She was really nice when I asked to take a picture with her last summer, she even kneeled not to be so tall :flower:

When did you take a picture with her? Since, I can't remember her playing tournaments last summer.. :D

• WGP 2013... What do you mean you don't remember :lol: :lol: : :lol: :lol:lol:

Honestly, I didn't... :wall: I only remembered her at ECH (September).

• 2nd weekend:

Match against Argentina was decent. Matches against Belgium and Canada were quite weak; at least with too many ups and downs.

Good thing: by fighting and deep roster eventually victory in both matches.

Next weekend will be very interesting: Puerto Rico, Belgium and Poland.

I'm curious concerning the roster, because some players showed a weak performance this weekend.

P.S. Vermeulen said the girls did power-training this morning, so they were a little tired during Canada-match.

• Pool in Netherlands in next weekend will be really interesting, but I worry that Poland will lose all matches after shameful loss vs. Puerto Rico yesterday :S pool in Argentina will be much more weaker IMHO :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Pool in Netherlands in next weekend will be really interesting, but I worry that Poland will lose all matches after shameful loss vs. Puerto Rico yesterday :S pool in Argentina will be much more weaker IMHO :wavy:

I'm really sorry Wolosz is injured...in my opinion she is the most important player in new Polish team. She has improved a lot in Busto and she was doing really well until her injury..

• Dutch roster will change again for this weekend... Announcement coming shortly ;)

And meanwhile, here's an interview with Femke for fitgirlcode, which she and some of the others are going to be featured in going forward (in English):

• Manon Flier said on Dutch tv, she is not worried about her injury, mainly because it is only her left hand. She is confident she will play in Poland, next week :win:

In my opinion Steenbergen and Knip did a very good job yesterday. According to Vermeulen the deep roster is a big advantage for him.

I found at YouTube some short clips of yesterday's match:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz0n-B1weqs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKSjKIm7UeM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr9IXXXKj3E