Alena Honkova

• Today I read report that 22 year old Czech player Alena Honkova has died.

Czech language: http://www.sport.cz/ostatni/mi…zemrela-ve-22-letech.html

Google translate:

Hard blow struck Olomouc volleyball. Died unexpectedly on Saturday, team member and former junior national team member Alena Honková. Twenty-two player was on Friday hospitalized with pulmonary embolism, where a day later passed away.

"It was quite sudden. Never had similar problems," said club spokesman Adam Fritscher. Sudden death may change Honková Olomouc volleyball program, which should in the new year for the first time to board on Friday at home against SG Brno. "It will depend on the date of the funeral. Question is whether this will affect the program," said Fritscher.

Honková last year helped Olomouc extraleague win bronze. In 2011, the team came to the final, where he succumbed Prostejov.

Actually, I did not know of this player, but such loss from the volleyball world is always sad.

• I‘ve watched some of her games, she is a talented player with strong body and attack, such a sudden news! RIP, Alena!

Lloyd + Naz + Wołosz + Hanke + Smutná + Mori
    Bokan + Zakrievskaja + Bricio + Vilponen + Jupïter + A.Lazić + Stepanova + Marković
    Onyejekwe + N.Dimitrova + Crkoňová + de Kruijf + Truškina + Thibeault + Omelčenko + Schauss
    Rourke + Bošković + Fabris + Kajalina + Collar + Simić + Miklai + Vasilantonaki
    Courtois + Venegas + Gaído + Castillo + Gómez + Kiselyova