Polish NT 2013

• S : Skorupa Wolosz
    OPP : Skowronska-Dolata Kaczor
    MB : Bednarek-Kasza Okuniewska Martalek Tokarska
    OH : Werblinska Kasprzak Zebrowksa Sieczka Polak
    L : Maj Sawicka Zenik

I think these players can be called to the NT this year. I don't really know about new players. Makowski seems know players very well, so It's not going to take a long time. I have a doubt if Milena Radecka will play in NT, since the first place will be taken by Skorupa who plays a more consistent volleyball.
    Poland lacks in OH position just like other European teams. Werblinska is the only outstanding OH, Zebrowska seems very powerful in attack, however is originally OPP, Kasprzak very unstable, bot Sieczka and Polak are inexperienced in International tournaments. I don't like Kosek, just in case if some of you mention about her.

Personally I'd be more than excited if Lena Dziekiewicz comes back to the NT this year, She absolutely deserves. If Makowski doesn't really give a crap about age, She can come back. Ola Jagielo too.

• S : Skorupa Wolosz
    OPP : Skowronska-Dolata Kaczor
    MB : Bednarek-Kasza Okuniewska Martalek Tokarska
    OH : Werblinska Kasprzak Zebrowksa Sieczka Polak
    L : Maj Sawicka Zenik

Polak in NT? Why? She's played in 2012 very bad, now when coach is changed she played sometimes good, sometimes ugly... Grejman from Bydgoszcz played much better.

Zebrowska - i don't know in what she's shape, but season in Chemik and game with weak teams :S

I don't know who in Poland can play in OH. In this year I see only OH from Muszyna - Werblińska, Jagieło and maybe Kasprzak.

In the middle only Bednarek+Okuniewska. On bench - I don't know, but Aga and Bera have big advantage over other.

Setter: I really wanna see Sadurek. We have 3 nice setter.

Opp ok.

Libero for Maj and on bench maybe young player? For example - Wysocka from Piła ;)

• Considering it was her first year in NT, Zebrowska played pretty impressive last year, and OH wasn't even her real position. That's why I wrote her name on the list. Well, She probably won't be helpful in reception part, but her powerful attacks can be useful.
    I absolutely agree with your opinions about MB and Libero. Bednarek and Okuniewska are GREAT MBs. I hope Martalek comes to NT as a bench member.

About Jagielo, I think She already retired from NT. But Who knows? :roll:

• Considering it was her first year in NT, Zebrowska played pretty impressive last year, and OH wasn't even her real position. That's why I wrote her name on the list. Well, She probably won't be helpful in reception part, but her powerful attacks can be useful.

No, it wasn't. She had her debut in 2003 World Cup. She was a middle blocker then. 8)

• Zebrowska is not a newcomer, but never played big role in the team...if I good remember she was then in NT in Varna in 2006 to play WCH qualifications and then in 2009 at the start where she twisted her ankle badly in Montreux.. by Niemczyk she played on every position like Podolec...her spike would be very useful in NT but who knows in which form she is like Pol has said :huh:
    I would like to see Grejman on OH position this year..

• S : Skorupa, Wołosz, Radecka
    OPP : Skowrońska-Dolata, Kaczor, Czyżnielewska
    MB : Bednarek-Kasza, Okuniewska, Martałek, Wojtowicz, Tokarska, Kąkolewska
    OH : Werblińska, Kasprzak, Żebrowska, Sieczka, Polak, Kosek, Grejman
    L : Maj, Sawicka, Zenik

Quite nice choice, (your choice in bold, added by me rest) I'd add to this Radecka as setter and maybe some youngsters for learning: MB Kąkolewska, OH Grejman, OP Czyżnielewska. i suppose that also Kosek will get a chance, because her quite good reception skills. And this gets 20 for GP. I guess that Jagieło won't come back, she retired from NT.

hudymk
    Wysocka isn't so young, she's 26 this year and I think that except 3 libero mentioned by Emil also Krystyna Strasz is better, so for me no Wysocka in NT, better would be trying Dorota Medyńska. I believe that new coach will handle to improve our team :roll:

I forgot about Wojtowicz, she deserves for place in team.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Edited 2 times, last by kondzio ().

• Quite nice choice, (your choice in bold, added by me rest) I'd add to this Radecka as setter and maybe some youngsters for learning: MB Kąkolewska, OH Grejman, OP Czyżnielewska. i suppose that also Kosek will get a chance, because her quite good reception skills. And this gets 20 for GP. I guess that Jagieło won't come back, she retired from NT.

Kosek quite good reception skills? :D She's reception is weak, similar level like Kasprzak in last year (in last matches Kinga played quite well in this element). If we can't get Jagieło, next coach will be required to get Karolina.

Libero - oh yeah, chance for Strasz is good idea, she's confirmed it today ;)

Kąkolewska :thumbsup: it's real future of Polish NT, big talent! I wanna see her in OrlenLiga next season. If Łukasik and Sikorska can played quite good, she's will be like Rachel Adams in Bydgoszcz :)

• After I watched some matches of Biala-Bielsko, I have to say Gabriela Wojtowicz definitely deserves to play in NT. I mean She's always been a great potential, but this season she's showing a fantastic volleyball. she is over 2m, but ain't as slow as Merkulova and hits quick balls quite well.
    well, i think even if she gets called, she would be staying on the bench since she's got Bednarek and Okuniewska, however she needs to gain international experience, and it could be great both for helself and NT.

• After I watched some matches of Biala-Bielsko, I have to say Gabriela Wojtowicz definitely deserves to play in NT. I mean She's always been a great potential, but this season she's showing a fantastic volleyball. she is over 2m, but ain't as slow as Merkulova and hits quick balls quite well.
    well, i think even if she gets called, she would be staying on the bench since she's got Bednarek and Okuniewska, however she needs to gain international experience, and it could be great both for helself and NT.

We have few good MB like Bednarek, Okuniewska, Tokarska, Martałek, Wojtowicz and Łukasik. I only afraid about OH position, I hope that Anna Grejman and Ela Skowronska will join to NT , because they have great season this year! :thumbup:

• We have few good MB like Bednarek, Okuniewska, Tokarska, Martałek, Wojtowicz and Łukasik. I only afraid about OH position, I hope that Anna Grejman and Ela Skowronska will join to NT , because they have great season this year! :thumbup:

Many of polish fans mentioned about E.Skowronska joining NT, but It always seems like she doesn't want to do it. I have to agree with you that your hugest problem is OH position. Apart from Werblinska, I don't see anyone outstanding. Kosek played a very good volleyball when she was a newbie in NT(in 2010 I guess) but as time went, she has become so weak. Kasprzak can be a monster attacker, but with her poor reception and unstable form, she will stay a decent player. Jagielo is 33 yo and she's done with NT already. I haven't seen Anna Grejman, how does she play? I think you should use Zebrowska as OH again or rather call some youngsters like Kurnikowska. She seems quite talented and just found that she was one of the leaders who made success for polish junior NT. So, why don't you try her?

You're definitely right, her performance during this season is really nice, I hope that she won't get injured till the end of the season, new coach should call her this year. We have many strong MB's, unfortunately good OH is missing.
    Werblińska is obvious choice, but who else after her?

There are: E. Skowrońska, Kasprzak, Sieczka, Kosek, maybe Konieczna or Żebrowska and some youngsters like Polak, Grejman, Kurnikowska, Łyszkiewicz.
    Among these the best is Ela Skowrońska, but I'm not sure if she wants to play in NT.
    Next 3: Kasprzak, Sieczka, Kosek - all are shaky with many ups and downs. If Kinga improves reception she can help team with her solid spikes (efficiency in league one of the best) and she's quite tall comparing with Werblińska. Kosek's level dropped after debut in NT, however her eception should be better than Kinga's and especially Ewelina's.
    Next 2 are OPP's also tried on Left Side. From these 2 Konieczna is better on reception and Iza is better spiker. Option with Żebrowska causes that libero and probably Werblińska have to receive most of balls, however offence strength is much better.
    The rest, which I mentioned are girls which we should try for future. For now Grejman is doing the best job: good spikes and stable reception, on the other hand Kurnikowska was the leader of AZS Białystok with better reception than Polak, Sieczka or Kasprzak.
    If I have to choose from these (except Werblińska) and all are intersted, I'll choose Skowrońska, Kasprzak, Żebrowska, Grejman and Sieczka, Polak, Kosek, Kurnikowska for wider selection.
    Looking into league stats there is also one player who made good impression and this is Klaudia Kaczorowska, however she had many chances to prove why she should be in NT, always promising talent :D

• I always had this curiosity and Polish fans can tell me.
    Poland NT had great players who have won the 2002-2008 European counting 2003 and 2005, but never achieved a great result in world really think they had a great team and could have got more. Any particular reason for that?

• I always had this curiosity and Polish fans can tell me.
    Poland NT had great players who have won the 2002-2008 European counting 2003 and 2005, but never achieved a great result in world really think they had a great team and could have got more. Any particular reason for that?

Because they don't usually play as good as in their land (Europe) :lol: Let's see how they will play in Italy next year at WCH.

• If I have to choose from these (except Werblińska) and all are intersted, I'll choose Skowrońska, Kasprzak, Żebrowska, Grejman and Sieczka, Polak, Kosek, Kurnikowska for wider selection.

Hmmm... Kasprzak doesn't have a good season. Żebrowska isn't good OH. Patrycja Polak has good and bad moments. IMO she isn't ready to play in important matches.
    I would choose Anna Werblińska, Anna Grejman, Ela Skowrońska, Bogumiła Pyziołek (and Ola Jagieło, Klaudia Kaczorowska, Karolina Kosek)

• Hmmm... Kasprzak doesn't have a good season. Żebrowska isn't good OH. Patrycja Polak has good and bad moments. IMO she isn't ready to play in important matches.
    I would choose Anna Werblińska, Anna Grejman, Ela Skowrońska, Bogumiła Pyziołek (and Ola Jagieło, Klaudia Kaczorowska, Karolina Kosek)

I don't know if Jagieło really wants to come back to NT and I don't think that Pyziołek gets a call. Others can find place in team.

• No place for Polak in NT!
    She have terrible season, 1st half (when coach is Błaszczyk) she was played tragically. In 2nd half (coach Aleksandersen) she was played some better, but now she is only reserve, Pyziołek and Konieczna is on starting six.
    Patrycja played better 2 season ego, previous season was average for her too (but much better than current). She don't improve her skills.

Check the stats ;)

• I checked 25 players who played in OrlenLiga as OH many times, but I also included Konieczna (she had enough reception attempts) and experienced players, which won't be called like Ściurka, Kuligowska or Jagieło (if she won't come back). For this, as 26th player, I also counted results from Turkey achieved by Karolina Kosek. She's added in red to this rankings.

Results (called in order on rankings):

Best receivers efficiency
    Top 10: Werblińska 34%, Ściurka 30%, Jagieło 28%, Mucha 27% (not many attempts), Grejman 26% , Kuligowska 25%, Pyziołek 23%, Kosek 21%, Kaczorowska 21%, Kurnikowska 20%, Kruk 20%
    Others who can be in NT: 11. Konieczna 19 %, 12. Skowrońska 17%, 13. Kasprzak 16%, 14. Podolec 16%, 18. Sieczka 12%, 19. Polak 12%

Best spikers efficiency
    Top 10: Szczurek 39% (not many attempts), Kosek 33%, Kasprzak 33% (not many attempts), Konieczna 31%, Skowrońska 31%, Werblińska 29%, Kuligowska 28%, Sieczka 27%, Grejman 27%, Pyziołek 27%, Sołodkowicz 26%
    Others who can be in NT: 11. Jagieło 26%, 12. Kaczorowska 25%, 13. Podolec 24%, 19. Polak 22%

Best servers per set
    Top 5: Konieczna 0.44, Kasprzak 0.41, Nuszel 0.4, Chmiel 0.38, Kaczorowska 0.36

Best blockers per set
    Top 5: Sieczka 0.43, Łyszkiewicz 0.37, Grejman 0.35, Kaczorowska 0.33, Podolec 0.32

As you can see Karolina Kosek fully deserves to be in NT, she's 8th receiver and bestspiker, excluding Szczurek.
    According to these in NT we have only 2 safe players: Werblińska and Kosek, others are good only as receiver or spiker. The third one is Jagieło, however she may not come back.

Short roster (4-5 players): Werblińska, Kosek, Jagieło (?), Grejman, Konieczna/Pyziołek (better are Kuligowska and Ściurka, but they won't be in NT)
    For wider selection (3-4 more): Kasprzak, Skowrońska, Kaczorowska, Sieczka (she's so low, because of her dramatically weak reception)

As hudymk said Polak definitely doesn't deserve for a place in NT, in both important ranks she's only 19th.

Edited once, last by kondzio ().

• how do these letters sound in Polish: " ł" and "ń"

http://translate.google.com/#pl/en/%C5%82
    http://translate.google.com/#pl/en/%C5%84

click on speaker picture :D