2013 / 2014 Transfer News

• I know, it's "off-topic", but just one remark following Voleros transfer-communication during the last weeks: How could they be so certain to play in the Champions League 2013/2014 already in January/February 2013? Do they have a "guaranteed" wild card every year? :what: And they aren't Swiss Champion yet, the Playoff Final in Switzerland will be played in March.

• I know, it's "off-topic", but just one remark following Voleros transfer-communication during the last weeks: How could they be so certain to play in the Champions League 2013/2014 already in January/February 2013? Do they have a "guaranteed" wild card every year? :what: And they aren't Swiss Champion yet, the Playoff Final in Switzerland will be played in March.

First of all as far as i can read the article it was a statement of the player that her motivation to play in siwtzerland is the possibility to participate in the champions league. It was not a statement of the the club - and as we all know, if you want to play CL and live in switzerland there is sadly just volero. At the moment at least! I hope every swiss player would have such ambitions!

And the second thing is, that with the fact that NUC and Koeniz have already been knocked out in the fight for the swiss champions title it does in deed seem to be very realistic that volero will get the title again....
    Furthermore, as we see the geographical policy of CEV in the CL over the last few years i would also not be to surprised to see a swiss representative in next seasons CL.

We should be proud that such players come to switzerland and with this enrich the swiss volleyball! Allez Suisse!!!!!

Red

Best regards

RedOctoberSUI

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Proud supporter of Swiss Volleball

• First of all as far as i can read the article it was a statement of the player that her motivation to play in siwtzerland is the possibility to participate in the champions league. It was not a statement of the the club - and as we all know, if you want to play CL and live in switzerland there is sadly just volero. At the moment at least! I hope every swiss player would have such ambitions!

And the second thing is, that with the fact that NUC and Koeniz have already been knocked out in the fight for the swiss champions title it does in deed seem to be very realistic that volero will get the title again....
    Furthermore, as we see the geographical policy of CEV in the CL over the last few years i would also not be to surprised to see a swiss representative in next seasons CL.

We should be proud that such players come to switzerland and with this enrich the swiss volleyball! Allez Suisse!!!!!

Red

I fully agree with you in that points.
    But together with this article: http://www.volerozuerich.ch/de…stein_fuers_team_20132014
    it sounds to me a bit too "self-confident" at such an early stage of the year. I've just had the impression, that they haven't any doubt about their ChL participation, reading it (maybe i'm wrong). Don't get me wrong: i'm not a "Volero-Hater", i really respect this team and i don't believe in the "conspiracy theories" concerning the cancelled match against VFM. You're right, the chance that Kanti will win against Volero in the Playoff Final and afterwards find rich sponsors to triple its budget (making the team able to play Champions League) is veeeeery tiny, but hey it's sport, you never know what will happen. BTW: i'm not that surprised that Kanti is better than NUC this season, they really have the deeper roster and therefore more options, Köniz was a bit dissapointing indeed (especially in the last weeks).

At least, my comment provoked you to register here in the forum, so i'm not the only Swiss Member here anymore. I hope you will be very active here.
    Welcome :drink:

• Well, in deed your post led me to register here.
    I am neither a "lover" nor a "hater" of Volero Zürich. I just think we should concentrate more on how to strengthen swiss volleyball than to fight each other.
    Hence i must question if it is really a problem that a player of a club (or even the Club itself!) comments that it wants to play CL.... or maybe a very good thing.

vyz: yes. i suppose this is a part of the game too. :)

I fully agree with you in that points.
    But together with this article: http://www.volerozuerich.ch/de…stein_fuers_team_20132014
    it sounds to me a bit too "self-confident" at such an early stage of the year. I've just had the impression, that they haven't any doubt about their ChL participation, reading it (maybe i'm wrong). Don't get me wrong: i'm not a "Volero-Hater", i really respect this team and i don't believe in the "conspiracy theories" concerning the cancelled match against VFM. You're right, the chance that Kanti will win against Volero in the Playoff Final and afterwards find rich sponsors to triple its budget (making the team able to play Champions League) is veeeeery tiny, but hey it's sport, you never know what will happen. BTW: i'm not that surprised that Kanti is better than NUC this season, they really have the deeper roster and therefore more options, Köniz was a bit dissapointing indeed (especially in the last weeks).

At least, my comment provoked you to register here in the forum, so i'm not the only Swiss Member here anymore. I hope you will be very active here.
    Welcome :drink:

Best regards

RedOctoberSUI

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Proud supporter of Swiss Volleball

• Last year Azerrail finished the league 5th and the still got the wildcard. It's all about the good relationships with CEV :)

It's all about the money,any rich team can get WC !

• Maryna Marchenko extended her contract with Dinamo Moscow for 1 more year.

• Why on this facebook page is written that Hugh McCutcheon will be the new coach on Italy WNT? I am confused, very confused! 8|

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Of course! But it seems a joke because it is the only place in which is written! ;(

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• If that's the case I lost all the respect I had for him.. I mean I still think he is a great coach but he did not agree to coach USA because he had other plans with some college.. and now this...

Hey, guys, take it easy! It's a rumour. Read this interview to fivb.org

http://www.fivb.org/viewPressR….asp?No=37517&Language=en

Now, he's only thinking in coach University of Minnesota's women's volleyball team.

• Esra Gümüş resigned a 2 year contract extensions to remain with the Eczacıbaşı VitrA.

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Esra Gümüş resigned a 2 year contract extensions to remain with the Eczacıbaşı VitrA.

This is a really good news since she is a very important local player and it gave signal that Eczacibasi is planning to transfer a foreign setter for next season

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Surprising, I was expecting her to sign with Galatasaray. Now Galatasaray has to sign with Gözde. Otherwise, it will be tough again to tolerate Neriman and Calderon at the same time on the court for next season. :whistle:

• Surprising, I was expecting her to sign with Galatasaray. Now Galatasaray has to sign with Gözde. Otherwise, it will be tough again to tolerate Neriman and Calderon at the same time on the court for next season. :whistle:

I guess Eczacıbaşı tried to deal with Gözde but she didn't accept so they turned the best option after her and it's Esra for sure even Orkun Darnel can't convice her wife how she will convice Gözde to play in GS since she feels herself as a queen in VB

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup: