Russian Federation NT 2013

• Marichev says Sokolova will for sure go to Japan with the team because "she is not a player that is invited only to participate in training camp" and to help the younger players with her experience... :roll:

I can't believe he makes the same mistake again that he made with Borodakova, and I hope he'll again be smart enough to see that he's wrong. No doubt Lyuba was one of the best players in the world, but these times are long gone, nowadays nothing in her performance justifies her presence in NT...

• Marichev says Sokolova will for sure go to Japan with the team because "she is not a player that is invited only to participate in training camp" and to help the younger players with her experience... :roll:

I can't believe he makes the same mistake again that he made with Borodakova, and I hope he'll again be smart enough to see that he's wrong. No doubt Lyuba was one of the best players in the world, but these times are long gone, nowadays nothing in her performance justifies her presence in NT...

Agree, Marichev is smart enough to cut her like he did it before with Borodakova ^^ now we have to wait to see result of this call. Probably she'll start as bench player and when it's necessary she may replace Pasynkova, maybe it won't look bad and I hope that she won't spoil atmosphere :)

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• According brazilian sites, she wants a revenge of Olympic games :lol:
    "I see the next match as an opportunity of a revenge of London 2012"

• I think people always like to make things more polemic than they really are...specially journalists...

Here it what she really said in the interview.

- Is it possible to win the champion’s cup, which is considered the main favorite of Brazil?

- We have a new team that just has rightly become the European champion. I do not know what is the composition of Brazilian will bring to Japan. So while making predictions is meaningless.

- However, after the London gold medal, head coach of Brazil’s Ze Roberto continued to rely on the experienced leaders…

- Even if Ze Roberto will bring all the best, we are able to deal with this opponent on equal terms. And personally, I perceive the upcoming match as an opportunity to take revenge for London. However, why just me? Kryuchkova, Kosheleva, Obmochaeva, Matienko, a year ago about a loser of Brazilian in tie-break is not forgotten certainly.

the complete interview - http://www.russiavolley.com/ly…zilian-in-london-olympic/

• It's so shameful whenever I see some players who don't know nor feel when to leave...her best days are over and I'm extremely doubtful if Pasynkova or Chaplina can be worse than her...

• I agree. I think Sokolova's time in the NT is done. She should concentrate on club performance and possibly even think about retirement like Artamonova. She's been active since the late '90's...if you look at her play in Sydney 2000 vs. London 2012, I think she looks tired and not as physically in-tune as she was before.

However, I believe the one thing that she can contribute to the team is solid reception. She should play libero :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Could you please tell me the difference between what's written in the interview: "And personally, I perceive the upcoming match as an opportunity to take revenge for London"
    and what José wrote before:
    "I see the next match as an opportunity of a revenge of London 2012"

It's the same thing...I don't see where journalists are making it more polemic than what it is. It is what it is, as she said.

• What I mean is...its a interview..full of questions...and she is just answering one question..

and people sound like she gave this statement and nothing else...like she was not asked about it...or as she only think about this...everyone here treating as the end of the world..oh how absurd she can say that...and taking things to personal...common...what is the big deal right? Im tired of this polemics in brazilian volleyball

yeah..she said she felt like that...so what...as brazilians were not like that also...Italy won Brazil in one World Grand prix game (a pool game even, not even a decisive game)....and only because it was in Brazil and in father's day (which btw the italians didnt even know about..cause its not fathers day in ITaly..haha) the brazilian girls were only talking about revenging Italy also in World Championship...so..that is it..I just think is funny to see some people (not talking about you guys here..but what I saw in facebook and that stuff..to make clear..my post was not address to you José..just making a comment over the topic you brought up. ;) ) being that hipocrite... ;)

And she didnt forget the lost in London..whatever you know... :read:

• Thanks for clearing things up to me...I really thought you were talking about José's comment...that's why I got confused because he wrote the same quote as you did :thumbup: :thumbup:
    But now I understand what your point is.

• hmm, Luba please go for another silicon surgery and dont bother the NT anymore.. :whistle: someway last year it was ok that Estes came back, no doubt that in reception she was still one of the best but now, when there are new young team with good spirit she is not needed

• Since a few days Russia and Armenia are Partners in Volleyball.

Russia will help Armenia to comeback to good level of Volleyball.

• According to http://usmanagement.ru/ru/news/read/1347/1

Natasha Obmochaeva and Tanya Kosheleva will not take part in WGCC.

12 players are invited to the training camp:

Setter
    Ekaterina Pankova
    Evgeniya Startseva

OH
    Lyubov Sokolova
    Alexandra Pasynkova
    Viktoria Chaplina

OPP
    Daria Isaeva
    Natalia Malykh

MB
    Yulia Morozova
    Anastasia Shlyakhovaya
    Natalia Dianskaya

Libero
    Svetlana Kryuchkova
    Anna Malova

• Queen Sokolova came back for Gold Medal and probably will comeback without Medal :rolll:

Good decision from Obmochaeva and Kosheleva in prism of Sokolova decision.

• Why Nataliya and Tatiana are out?

Natasha has a knee injury so she needs time to recover, About Tanya I don't know for sure but I hope it has nothing to do with the return of Lyuba.