Brazil NT 2013

• I don't think we can compare Gabi and Lucarelli in that temrs..in that both senses...physicly..and also..well what did Lucarelli played? After the last season...that he didnt make the final...there was the World League and The U-23 Wch...right? Maybe Im forgetting other tournament?

He also played the South American Championship for the NT and the South American Club Championship for Vivo/Minas. He's been playing non-stop too and is also on the list for the Champions Cup.

• I see...I didnt remember those tournaments..indeed a lot too. But still we should remember first he is older and more physicly prepared than Gabi.

Second..well, the men's NT at this point dont have much options other than him...the girls that is not the same...Apart Natalia, Tandara and Garay..Zé could easily take Daroit for example.

Anyway....just dont think is the same situation. It all goes down at the end of how the players are at this point too. If Lucarelli is felling something or not and all that.

I just wanted to point out my consern about Gabi's current situation and future..a back injury with such young age could be a big problem...cause these are the kind of cronical injuries you dont wanna see in a young talent.

But things are what they are. Lets hope for the best. ^^

• Oh come on, Joanna!!!!!!!!
    It IS the same situation between Gabi and Lucarelli. Oh My God!!!! You don't remember he played that much this year? I even think he played even more than Gabi overall, considering Gabi started playing after Tom's injury! And you talking about the age?! Really?? Is 21 years old that much more than 19 years old???
    And Lucarelli played Pan American Cup!! There is one tournament more than Gabi.
    If
    Bernardo takes Lucarelli for the World Grand Champions Cup, IT WILL BE
    THE SAME THING as Zé taking Gabi. And I'm sure Bernardo will do that. He
    just needs to stop complaining about everything. I agree with him in
    many points, but he always return NT's players injuried and tired to
    their clubs too.

Once again, you talk about Zé Roberto but Bernardo NEVER does anything wrong, right?

• I'm not into Brazilian volleyball that much so I just wanna comment on one point.. Difference between 21 - male and 19 - female is not small difference.. 19 years for a girl is still age when she is not capable to do what she'll be at 23-24.. but with boys it's a bit different, because 21 is the age when you start or you already have yours power potential and it will grow in the next years,, Never mind as I said i don't follow Brazilian NT that much especially not male so don't know anything further :D

• You guys didnt get it what I said..indeed Lucarelli played a lot..but what I meant is...

I dont know how Lucarelli conditions are in this point..so I can't really give any opinion about it..I just dont think is same situation as Gabi..each case is a case...

I know Gabi is felling her back and is felling the tough year..so forcing her now, in my opinion, I think could be bad for her health...

• Training champ starts on Tuesday.

Gabi may not go to Japan. She isn't in good shape and play could injury her. If it happens, recovering will last 2-3 months. There's no decision so far.
    Also Juciely is out of shape but is another situation and she'll probably be there.

• Training champ starts on Tuesday.

Gabi may not go to Japan. She isn't in good shape and play could injury her. If it happens, recovering will last 2-3 months. There's no decision so far.
    Also Juciely is out of shape but is another situation and she'll probably be there.

I think that would be a wise decison from Zé and NT members...there is no need to force Gabi right now...better to have her in perfect conditions next year.

• Thaisa is suffering from an injury (a knee tendinitis) and may not travelling to Japan also.

Brazilian staff will decide it soon and Gabi's case as well.

My personal point of view is giving them a rest right now. I know Brazil will lose strenght without Dani Lins, Thaisa, Gabi and Jaque. Dani Lins and Thaisa were our best players this year. No matters the result in Japan this time is to rest. We'll need them in future and their clubs too. Even without them, Brazil remains strong and can win this.
    The same goes for Lucarelli.

• Thaisa is suffering from an injury (a knee tendinitis) and may not travelling to Japan also.

Brazilian staff will decide it soon and Gabi's case as well.

My personal point of view is giving them a rest right now. I know Brazil will lose strenght without Dani Lins, Thaisa, Gabi and Jaque. Dani Lins and Thaisa were our best players this year. No matters the result in Japan this time is to rest. We'll need them in future and their clubs too. Even without them, Brazil remains strong and can win this.
    The same goes for Lucarelli.

I agree, the best players should rest at least a bit. Moreover World Grand Champions Cup gives only money, it's commercial tournament and it gives nothing for world ranking ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Walewska: 'After the exemption of some athletes, Zé asked me about this. It's a short trip and I considered a lot of things before making a decision. It was a surprising invitation and I'm glad about coming back.'

About the Olympics: 'I have no future plans. I couldn't say 'yes' or 'no', but I'm happy for, after 5 years, be in shape for the Brazilian national team and help them out the best I can.'

'I was welcoming, but it's weird because I was out for a long time. Girls treat me like a newcomer and say I'll have to do the washing. Anyway, I know they respect me, however it's our first time together.'

• Jaque :super:

Come back soon! We'll be hanging out here waiting for you. :flower:

Jacqueline is so cute :)! :flower:

• Natália is keeping a daily straight from Japan for Daniel Bortoletto's blog.

Today she wrote that Grand Champions Cup brings back lots of good memories. When she was only 16, Natália was invited to join the senior team for the first time in a scrimmage for the Grand Champions Cup. At the time, her career was 2 years long. :white:

• I don't know if someone is interested in but south american teams are playing the II Girl's South American Championship U16. There's no thread about that and I'm not planning on creating one.
    Brazil is the defending champions. Ricardo Picinin is our head coach. He was coaching Mackenzie in Superleague two seasons ago, when Gabi started to impress people the most.

Results of Brazil
    11/11
    Brazil 2X0 Uruguay (25:8, 25:12)
    Brazil 2X0 Bolivia (25:8, 25:6)
    12/11
    Brazil 2X0 Chile (25:21, 25:21)
    Brazil 2X0 Paraguay (25:8, 25:14)
    13/11
    Brazil 2X1 Peru (17:25, 25:16, 15:4)
    Brazil 2X1 Argentina (25:15, 23:25, 18:16)
    14/11
    Brazil 2X0 Colombia (25:23, 25:18 )

Semifinals
    15/11
    11.00am* - Brazil X Chile
    12.15pm - Peru X Argentina
    *Local time

Live webcast: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/voleibolpopayan2013

• Thaisa was named the best Brazilian volleyball player in 2013. Congratulations! :drink: I think she deserved to win a lot.

I just called up that, after the World Grand Prix, Bernardinho said she is the best volleyball player in the world in his opinion.

If not the best, at least one of the greatest by me. :)

• Brazil nailed the II Girl's South American Championship U16 in 5.

I guess this kinda of championship is great to develop and step up the level of playing of south american teams. I think it can make them stronger to U18 and U20 championships.

Semifinals
    Brazil 2X0 Chile (25:10, 25:13)
    Peru 1X2 Argentina (25:15, 19:25, 6:15)

Final
    Brazil 3X2 Argentina (16:25, 25:18, 25:22, 21:25, 15:9)

Standings
    1. Brazil
    2. Argentina
    3. Peru
    4. Chile
    5. Colombia
    6. Bolivia
    7. Paraguay
    8. Uruguay

All-star team
    MBs: Mariane (BRA) and Beltramini (ARG)
    OHs: Casia Rauber (BRA) and Fiammi Biaim (ARG)
    S: Benitez (ARG)
    L: Carrasco (PER)
    Opp: Ana Beatriz (BRA)
    MVP: Ana Beatriz (BRA)