Germany NT 2013

• Important tournaments this year:

Montreux Volleymasters
    European League
    World Grand Prix

and most of all: European Championship in Germany & Switzerland :cup:
    The new president of DVV wants the Gold medal, Guidetti's goal at the moment is any medal...

There is no official information about the roster yet, just some mentions in newspaper articles from league teams. Apparently younger/new players will play in Montreux because it is very early after the club season, the main players will start training in June and it looks like they will play both EL and WGP.
    The only invited players that are known so far are Rebecca Schäperklaus (MB/Opp, Wiesbaden) and Louisa Lippmann (JNT Opp, Münster) as candidates for Montreux, Regina Burchardt will come in June, Lisa Izquierdo (JNT OH, Dresden) was invited for May but she has school exams in that time so she will also join later. Guidetti will be in Germany next week to talk with DVV about his plans for the summer, after that we will get to know more...

I expect the following players to be there this summer:

Setters: Kathleen Weiss and Denise Hanke should be the main setters, Lena Möllers will surely be invited as well. If Mareen Apitz wants to play I expect the door will be open for her too, and I hope to see JNT setter Magdalena Gryka there too, maybe for Montreux.

Opposites: No doubt Kozuch will be the main Opp, she is the best in Germany on that position. Saskia Hippe remains a mystery, I have no idea what shape she is in but I guess she'll be there too. JNT Opps Carina Aulenbrock and Louisa Lippmann are likely to be invited just for training. Rebecca Schäperklaus can play MB and Opp, but Guidetti wants her as Opp...maybe she can play in Montreux, she is young (20 years) but I don't think she has the potential to become a real power hitter.

Liberos: Lenka Dürr will be the main libero, Lisa Thomsen and Linda Dörendahl will fight for the other spot. Thomsen is better in defense, Dörendahl in reception, so in the end it will depend on what Guidetti prefers. Lisa Rühl from Potsdam is also a good player, I hope she'll be invited at least...

Outside Hitters: Angelina Grün, Maren Brinker, Heike Beier, Anne Matthes, Regina Burchardt will be there for sure. Matthes has been out a long time with shoulder injury so it might be difficult for her to make the ECH team. Burchardt's reception is terrible even in German league so I don't see much chances for her either...apart from those, Lisa Izquierdo as the biggest talent on that position must be there too for sure, and other names we might see are Patricia Grohmann, Svenja Engelhardt, Katharina Schwabe, Jana-Franziska Poll...I guess some of them will be invited, but not all.

Middle Blockers: Corina Ssuschke, Christiane Fürst, Berit Kauffeldt, Nadja Schaus will certainly be there. I hope Anja Brandt gets a chance too, she made good progress in the last two years. Franziska Bremer and Alessandra Jovy-Heusser play very well in Stuttgart so we might see them too. JNT player Leonie Schwertmann also played some very good matches with Münster so she could be another candidate. Kathy Radzuweit said in an interview that she doesn't expect to be invited anymore, it's time now for the younger players.

• Angelina Gruen again in NT? 8| Didn't she say that she wanted to retire from NT after last season? ?(

• Angelina Gruen again in NT? 8| Didn't she say that she wanted to retire from NT after last season? ?(

It was no 'final' retirement. Since the ECH will be in Germany, I can imagine she wants to play there her last tournament in German NT ;)

About the roster:

I don't expect many surprises. Guidetti will mainly go on with his 'old' roster. Changes: Tzscherlich <---> Thomsen and Beier <----> Izquierdo

Probably this 14-roster for ECH:

Setters: Weiss, Hanke,
    Opp: Kozuch, Hippe,
    OH: Grün, Brinker, Matthes, Izquierdo,
    MB: Ssuschke, Fürst, Kauffeldt, Schaus
    L: Dürr, Thomsen

I havent heard something like that but i think it would be nonsense when there is a tournament in germany more they have really big chance to get golden medal so i think she will be there.And im sure again shows that how important she is for german NT with her great experience as ECH 2011.

• Do you think Furst has a power/influence on Guidetti's German NT selections? I can imagine they are talking head to head about whom to select too.
    So, there is this factor, German players who want to be selected for NT should go along Furst well:).

• How is Izquierdo's reception? I think Beier could make the team more balanced..

• Probably this 14-roster for ECH:
    Setters: Weiss, Hanke,
    Opp: Kozuch, Hippe,
    OH: Grün, Brinker, Matthes, Izquierdo,
    MB: Ssuschke, Fürst, Kauffeldt, Schaus
    L: Dürr, Thomsen

Agree with you the only doubt it's backup for Kozuch as hejjdeu mentioned, but I don't think that some from juniors or Schäperklaus will replace her.

How is Izquierdo's reception? I think Beier could make the team more balanced.

I don't know if Beier is as good as some years ago, definitely she lost some spike efficiency what she proved last year. Izquierdo's reception isn't bad although it's sometimes shaky. Fortunately Lisa is still young and I hope she will improve, I think that she should get a chance ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Izquierdo seems a good prospect for German NT although she is also short as her predecessors such as Beier, Matthes :wall: However she is better attacker than both of them. What about Geerties, do you think she has a chance to be invited to NT although she was injured for most part of the season, Matthias?

• About Grün: she hasn't retired from NT, she says she thinks from year to year and doesn't make long term plans. I expect her to be there this summer, but if she doesn't play better than in Rabita, I'm afraid she won't be a big help.

About Beier: I think she needs to be there, especially because nobody knows how Matthes will play. She had the same injury as Fürst in 2010, and Fürst needed more than a year to get back her attack power, and for Matthes as OH this will be even more important. Beier has never been and will never be a power hitter, but if everyone around her does a good job she can be "tolerated" on court.

About Izquierdo: I really really really hope she will not be the next Hippe/Petrausch case. They also were great talents when they were the age Izquierdo is now, but they never turned into good players. I think these days Petrausch isn't even good enough to be invited at all, and in 2009 she was the best player of the Junior World Champion team :S
    In general there are several good players in the current Junior NT, in case they don't qualify for Junior WCH I expect some of them to practise with Senior NT, Geerties should be there for sure but some others are good too. Last summer Junior NT did combined training with Senior NT for some days, so Guidetti knows all those players already...

• Although German Junior NT of generation 1990-1991 was world champion, there was no contribution from that roster except Durr (and maybe also Möllers although she is not necessary in the presence of Hanke and Weiss) On the other hand, 1994-1995 generation does not have a spectacular result in youth/junior international competition, it seems like this generation will contribute more into NT pool of Germany :thumbup: For Turkey case, although our 1994-1995 generation is called as 'Golden Generation' by many Turkish supporter, I don't think we will have any contribution from those players in next two years (maybe Aslı Kalaç or Kübra Akman instead of Bahar)

What about 1992-1993 generation? As far as I remember it was the 'insignificant' generation, right?

• My guess is, that the following players will be invited to training camp. 12 out of these 17 players will be playing in Montreux.

S: Kathleen Weiß, Denise Hanke, Lena Möllers
    OH: Maren Brinker, Anne Matthes, Lisa Izquierdo, Svenja Engelhardt
    Opp: Margareta Kozuch, Louisa Lippmann, Saskia Hippe, Rebecca Schäperklaus,
    MB: Christiane Fürst, Berit Kauffeldt, Anja Brandt, Nadja Schaus
    L: Lenka Dürr, Janine Völker

I also think, that after Montreux, the five non-invited players will be back in training camp, plus Heike Beier, Regina Burchardt, Corina Ssuschke-Voigt, Lisa Thomsen

• What about 1992-1993 generation? As far as I remember it was the 'insignificant' generation, right?

There were several good players in that generation, but many injuries unfortunately. Pia Walkenhorst already trained with Senior NT 2 years ago and now she plays only in 2nd league, Ana Capote completely stopped playing because of knee injuries...Right now Rebecca Schäperklaus and Katharina Schwabe are the only players from 92/93 that might have a chance to be in NT.

I think Lisa Izquierdo won't be in Montreux because of school exams at that time, in an article about her she said she talked with Guidetti about it and they agreed that she'll join the team in June.
    You think so many of the main players will be in Montreux? If Brinker and Kozuch will play in Busto until the finals of Italian league (which is very likely), their season will last until mid May and I see no reason why e.g. Burchardt joins the team after Montreux and other better players should be there earlier...

• There were several good players in that generation, but many injuries unfortunately. Pia Walkenhorst already trained with Senior NT 2 years ago and now she plays only in 2nd league, Ana Capote completely stopped playing because of knee injuries...Right now Rebecca Schäperklaus and Katharina Schwabe are the only players from 92/93 that might have a chance to be in NT.

I think Lisa Izquierdo won't be in Montreux because of school exams at that time, in an article about her she said she talked with Guidetti about it and they agreed that she'll join the team in June.
    You think so many of the main players will be in Montreux? If Brinker and Kozuch will play in Busto until the finals of Italian league (which is very likely), their season will last until mid May and I see no reason why e.g. Burchardt joins the team after Montreux and other better players should be there earlier...

Well, about Lisa Izquierdo, i just thought she might get an invitation. Like you said there are school exams. And what about the junior world championship in June in Czech Republic? It remains to be seen, if she will be in JNT for WCH qualification in May and, if Germany qualifies for JWCH in June, will she be playing there or join Guidetti´s team?

This is just a list of players who i think will be invited to training camp prior to Montreux. But that don´t means out of these 17 players, the 12 playing in Montreux will be main players. So, it´s likely that we will see Möllers, Engelhardt, Schäperklaus and/or Brandt in Montreux.
    As for Regina Burchardt joining NT after Montreux, this is just speculation... 8)

• Well, about Lisa Izquierdo, i just thought she might get an invitation. Like you said there are school exams. And what about the junior world championship in June in Czech Republic? It remains to be seen, if she will be in JNT for WCH qualification in May and, if Germany qualifies for JWCH in June, will she be playing there or join Guidetti´s team?

This is just a list of players who i think will be invited to training camp prior to Montreux. But that don´t means out of these 17 players, the 12 playing in Montreux will be main players. So, it´s likely that we will see Möllers, Engelhardt, Schäperklaus and/or Brandt in Montreux.
    As for Regina Burchardt joining NT after Montreux, this is just speculation... 8)

According to articles from Dresden, Izquierdo will be allowed to stay with them for the whole playoffs, so she won't play WCH qualification in May, but I guess if they qualify, the best Juniors will also play Junior WCH and join Senior NT training after that.

Burchardt joining after Montreux is not speculation, she told that to newspapers from Wiesbaden ;)

• According to articles from Dresden, Izquierdo will be allowed to stay with them for the whole playoffs, so she won't play WCH qualification in May, but I guess if they qualify, the best Juniors will also play Junior WCH and join Senior NT training after that.

Burchardt joining after Montreux is not speculation, she told that to newspapers from Wiesbaden ;)

I just heard, that Burchardt will join after Montreux, but did not know, that she told that herself to a newspaper. I don´t have the time to read every article...

• IMo,the best player and the most key player in Germany NT : Christ Fürst. :super: Does Germany have any other middle to replace Fürst in case of an injury ?

Totally agree!!!Furst is the key in Germany NT,also she is the best MB in europe!