Germany NT 2013

• Didn't even know Matthes was injuried since a quite long time ago...I hope she is alright, but I don't want to see her in NT anymore. This is exactly what Guidetti should solve. As Mattias said above, Beier is very far from being a hitter, she is basically the second libero of the team. Brinker is okay, she's been playing quite well but another OH position will be the key. I don't know about the newcomers and It's a big shame that Sarah Petrausch wasn't able to show her ability due to many injuries. Frederieke Thieme seemed to be quite impressive in German league, but there was no chance to her in NT.

• Totally agree!!!Furst is the key in Germany NT,also she is the best MB in europe!

:gone: :aww:

I don't know how you can say she is the best, beacause she is one of worse. She was really good in previous years, but now she is very weak and I just see that in German NT good is setter position and libero. Add to this Ssuschke, but the others? They're weak. Kozuch is like parody, this same Brinker (even if she little improved), Grun, Matthes, Beier...and of course Christiane Furst, which was the worst player in Vakifbank in this season.

• Frederieke Thieme seemed to be quite impressive in German league, but there was no chance to her in NT.

She could have been a candidate for NT, but in the last 2 years she spent more time being injured than being healthy...

:gone: :aww:

I don't know how you can say she is the best, beacause she is one of worse. She was really good in previous years, but now she is very weak and I just see that in German NT good is setter position and libero. Add to this Ssuschke, but the others? They're weak. Kozuch is like parody, this same Brinker (even if she little improved), Grun, Matthes, Beier...and of course Christiane Furst, which was the worst player in Vakifbank in this season.

:what: Are you kidding??? Have you even watched any matches of Vakifbank recently?

• She could have been a candidate for NT, but in the last 2 years she spent more time being injured than being healthy...

:what: Are you kidding??? Have you even watched any matches of Vakifbank recently?

He must be...heheheh or the Champions final..Furst is making an amazing season.

• With hanke as main setter im sure everything will be easier and better for german NT.Having a setter who makes so much pressure on opponets thanks to her great ,unpredictable spikes is a really important chance,more her serves are so effective.Just there should be 'real' backup for kozuch and brinker-grün.Its so clear that beier or the others couldnt improve the game when they come to the court.So there is no reason to avoid using new faces.

I dont agree that fürst is the most important player for germany.Actually there is no one u might call the best in this team what i love most.Team game,fighting spirit allow them play on that level.Lastly guess having so much poor/weak players and being the 2nd in ECH 2011 must be the dream of every team in europe according to some comments. :roll:

• :gone: :aww:

You are making a sarcastic comment because Canter stated a veeery obvious fact, right :what:

• With hanke as main setter im sure everything will be easier and better for german NT.Having a setter who makes so much pressure on opponets thanks to her great ,unpredictable spikes is a really important chance,more her serves are so effective.Just there should be 'real' backup for kozuch and brinker-grün.Its so clear that beier or the others couldnt improve the game when they come to the court.So there is no reason to avoid using new faces.

I dont agree that fürst is the most important player for germany.Actually there is no one u might call the best in this team what i love most.Team game,fighting spirit allow them play on that level.Lastly guess having so much poor/weak players and being the 2nd in ECH 2011 must be the dream of every team in europe according to some comments. :roll:

The problem is that the "new faces" simply don't have the level that the "old faces" have, and the older players work out very well as team. There simply are no Opps in Germany, ALL teams in German league (except VCO aka Junior NT) have a foreign Opp :white:

Fürst is the best individual player from Germany, but I agree that the main reason for NT success is the great teamplay. But anyway, if one of the main players got injured, it would be very difficult for German team to keep that level.

And I really hope Hanke will be 1st setter this year, but probably Weiss with all her experience will be 1st choice. Hanke must give 110% in every training, then she has a chance to take her place.

• Hmmm your opinion people are just because of champions league final. By all season Furst was weak and just shadow of her from Italian years. She made a lot of stupid mistakes... She was definitelly the worst player from Vakifbank's first six. Her surname is bigger than her skils. Definitelly.

Few facts about Christiane Furst:

http://www.cev.lu/Competition-Area/Statistics.aspx?ID=569 (it isn't the best attack...)

and about blocks... sorry, but Furst was weaker than Morozova or even Carmen Markovici (block/set)... also she touched 11 times the net (just Schweriner MB made more), where for example Foluke 0.

and about serve... she is on....60th place in the rank of Champions League? The best middle blocker in the Europe? That's shock.

and for you she is still the best middle blocker in the Europe? People, please... don't make me laugh.

If we can see the stats, we can say... Akinradewo, Bauer, Rasic, Krsmanovic, Morozova, Poljak were just better, so please, don't write bullshit like this, that she is the best in the Europe, because it's a big joke.

Germany have a few good middle blockers with good skils... just give them chance.
    I just wonder, what German NT will do on opposite... if Kozuch will still play this shit like in Busto... I can't see any future :white: Saskia in Modranska isn't so great too.
    The biggest power of the team should be setter position, which will should create game base on everybody, not on individualities.

Sometimes I see that someone write false and I don't react, but if I see that someone write big bullshit.. I can't leave this.

• bahar toksoy is the weakest player of vakifbank starting 6 anyway when it comes to the mb's of the final 7 teams of cl i think:

akinradewo > poljak > furst > bauer > gioli >wensink>borisenko

• I definitely agree about Hanke. She is 24 this year and deserves much more than Weiss. I know that Kathleen has been playing as main setter and knows her teammates very well but she is simply limited in many aspecets and I hope Guidetti considers Hanke as first setter.
    I'm quite sure every opponent that plays against Germany will be pressured by Hanke's strong serves & unexpected attacks and smart decisions (Well, although even Lo bianco or Takeshita make mistakes sometimes...well, no one's perfect.).

My roster should be just like this...

S : Denise Hanke(as main setter), Mareen Apitz(If she agrees to play) Lena Mollers(If Mareen Apitz doesn't want to play in NT...)
    OPP : Maggie Kozuch(no one to replace to her right now...) Saskia Hippe(but watching her play is quite scary cos she can simply get injuried anytime she plays...her body is like glass)
    MB : Christiane Fürst(simply the best MB in Europe) Corina Ssuschke-Voigt(haven't watched her play since she's been playing in Azerbaijan) Berit Kauffeldt or Nadja Schaus (Kauffeldt is 6 years younger)
    OH : Angelina Grün(only for ECH), Maren Brinker, Heike Beier, Regina Burchardt(having her as OH can be risky a lot though or she can be Kozuch's back up OPP) Frederike Thieme(If she is healthy)
    L : Lenka Dürr, Linda Dorendahl (my favourite two german liberos... :rose: )

• Hopefully Apitz accepted the call. I think the most talented setter, Hanke is more complete, but may raise Apitz balls faster.

Outside that I find so beautiful :whistle:

• bahar toksoy is the weakest player of vakifbank starting 6 anyway when it comes to the mb's of the final 7 teams of cl i think:

I agree on this with you although Bahar has raised her game since the start of this season a lot.. and it's funny you know how people always say she i so weak etc.. but she keeps playing in the starting 6 in both NT and Vakif. Vakif as Melis and Avci also but they don't play instead of her so there must be a reason why. And I also think she is Turkey's best MB (Eda is much better in attack but her blocking skills suck.. and Bursa, Avci, Ipek etc..) I don't know if anyone else has noticed she has a way better connection with Ozge than Naz - Naz sets her too low and doesn't trust her that much, although their connection was better these last few matches

If we consider a period of some years, i can agree in that and i can rank Poljak as 1st in this list.

But, taking this year only in consideration, akinr = furst > poljak > bahar > ... > gioli. (Gioli showed nothing this year, she old now is worse than even Bahar.)
    Poljak's not so good performance this year isn't because of herself however, her team (Ecz) wasn't as expected (was being rated top at the beginning) though still they are 3rd best team in Europe this year after Vakif and Rabita. On the other hand, Furst who was already good MB became great this year. Similarly, Bahar who wasn't so good before became not great, but very good this year. Actually, Bahar isn't a bad MB, but, she is a kindy "risky" player from blocking to services. With gaining confidence, I believe she'll be performing much better next year at the club and NT. Anyway, this year, Furst was nr 1 and she should have been MVP of final of final4.

• bahar is very good if she comes off as a bench player but only good as starter her service errors are the ones that usually kill her she needs to control that in order to help turkish nt more regarding mb's when it comes to individual efforts alone it is akinradewo>poljak>furst on the other hand in terms of contributing to set wins then akinradewo>furst>poljak

• I like Bahar. She is a sweet girl, but I gotta agree that She is the weakest point of Vakifbank. It's because her teammates are so good and Bahar seems quite limited sometimes...I hope she improves the connection with Naz and moves faster. I know that her serves can harm the opponents, but she makes too many mistakes. She definitely should improve it as well.

Plus, I think this subject should be talked on the Turkish NT thread anyway 8)

• There were several good players in that generation, but many injuries unfortunately. Pia Walkenhorst already trained with Senior NT 2 years ago and now she plays only in 2nd league, Ana Capote completely stopped playing because of knee injuries...Right now Rebecca Schäperklaus and Katharina Schwabe are the only players from 92/93 that might have a chance to be in NT.

Perhaps Anika Boin?

• Perhaps Anika Boin?

Last summer she declined the invitation and she is playing only in 2nd league, so I have no idea about her current shape...

Anyway today Guidetti was in Frankfurt to settle all details for the summer with DVV, so in the next days we'll get to know the official roster.

• Anyway today Guidetti was in Frankfurt to settle all details for the summer with DVV, so in the next days we'll get to know the official roster.

According to DVV, they agreed with Guidetti not to publish any info about the roster yet :white: :wall: :wall: :wall:

So probably we won't get the official list before the end of club season :thumbdown: :aww:

• According to DVV, they agreed with Guidetti not to publish any info about the roster yet :white: :wall: :wall: :wall:

So probably we won't get the official list before the end of club season :thumbdown: :aww:

It wouldn´t surprise me, if they had agreed on not publishing any infos even before it was announced that Guidetti will be in Frankfurt... :aww:

• When some of the nominations were mentioned in various articles of club teams, I asked in DVV guestbook when the roster would be published, and the press responsible replied that it would be done after everything is settled with Guidetti when he comes to Frankfurt. Now someone else asked about the roster again and now it was said they agreed on not publishing anything :aww:

This is just ridiculous, as if the nominations are a big state secret :wall: