Germany NT 2013

• Just read the answer in the guestbook. Funny how the answers are "only for the guy asking the question". As if others can´t read it. :roll:
    "Many motivated players will be there" Well, we hope so... but please, DVV, tell us who these motivated players are.

This is indeed ridiculous. I don´t think, there will be big surprises in the roster, so where´s the problem? Just publish the roster! But please, DVV, don´t say it´ll be published and about one week later say it won´t... :wall:

• How does DVV expect Volleyball to be in TV and other media more often if their own press work is so ridiculous? They have exactly one person for press, I can understand that he is annoyed sometimes...but DVV is really not doing good work in this area. Guidetti was there, obviously some players have already been invited, so why not simply publish the roster when fans would like to know it?

• Article about Angelina Hübner and Corina Ssuschke-Voigt in Baku.

Ssuschke says she will join NT after the Montreux tournament, and after this summer she wants to have a baby. Maybe she will come back after that because she really wants to play in Olympics, and if she can get back her shape after pregnancy she will try it once again.

Hübner hasn't decided yet if she will be in NT this summer :S

• Indeed I was expecting some players take a pregnancy break for this season not the next since the year after OG is generally negligible. However since ECh is held in Germany, Ssuschke might consider this year more important than 2014 (WCh)

Matthias do you think Berit would be good replacement of her although it seems she does not have a good season this year in Italy :whistle:

• ECH in Germany is very important for the team and they want Gold, so this year nobody will take a break.

Not sure about Berit, she had a few good matches (judging from stats), but she's certainly not on the level of Ssuschke and Fürst yet.

• It is probably the last chance for watch grün so really hope that she will play for german NT in ECH 2013.Its so important cause she is indeed the most talented and succesful german volley player and still a really good attacker.I really dont care how her club performance is cause she plays so much different and better for NT.What i understand is she does think to play in grand prix neither 8| If its much for her playing as OH she might play as opposite for sure. I dont think that kozuch-brinker OH is worse than not having her in team.Hope everything will be great :thumbup:

• If Grun play this season as he did in Rabita Baku it will not be of much help.

• I guess we'll have to wait forever until there's some official news about the roster from DVV, but Anja Brandt said in a press article that she'll be in NT for the first training, so probably she'll also play in Montreux. She hopes to be in NT all summer and have a chance to play ECH.

MB is a difficult position in our NT, Ssuschke and Fürst are world class players but behind them there's not much. IMO Stefanie Karg is the 3rd best German MB but in the last years she wasn't interested in playing NT. Nadja Schaus was a big surprise when she moved from OH to MB in 2010, but she had many injury problems in the last two years. Berit Kauffeldt, Anja Brandt and Franziska Bremer all are OK players but I don't think any of them could be really good on international level :S

• I remember some years ago you wrote that Anja Brandt reminded of Furst when she was around 20~21 yo. Hasn't she improved or Is she just limited?
    I think Berit would be a great option...She's still young and it was her first season abroad...so she should get more chances. Corina's absence will be a chance for her I guess.

• Brandt is limited...she isn't athletic enough, but on a positive note, she has been constantly improving over the last years. She'll never be a Fürst, but she has become a solid player.
    Berit has the same problem, she lacks speed and power...if she can develop that she could be good.

• Yeah, I know what you mean...it's going to be hard to replace Ssuschke actually. she is one of the strongest middle attackers and a great fighter. Berit, on the other hand...she lacks speed but has a great sense of blocks so i guess in some years she will be like Bahar from Turkey.

• I really like German NT especially their MBs! I wonder if Weiss will remain the main setter with Hanke rise.

• Weiss is the most experienced of the setters, so at least this year I'm pretty sure she'll be in the team. Apitz only comes to NT when she feels like, no idea if she does this year. In terms of quality, Hanke MUST be 1st setter this year and she already showed in WGP last year that she's totally capable of it, but Weiss has always been 1st setter since Guidetti is our NT coach...this is certainly one of the most interesting questions this summer, everything else is predictable.

? - Kozuch
    Brinker - Grün (if she comes, otherwise Beier or Matthes)
    Ssuschke - Fürst
    Dürr

• Finally, the roster for the first part of the summer (Montreux and European League) has been revealed :win:

Setter: Denise Hanke, Lena Möllers, Kathleen Weiß
    Opp: Saskia Hippe, Louisa Lippmann, Rebecca Schäperklaus, Margareta Kozuch
    OH: Anne Matthes, Svenja Engelhardt, Jana Franziska Poll, Maren Brinker, Heike Beier, Regina Burchardt, Lisa Izquierdo
    MB: Berit Kauffeldt, Anja Brandt, Melanie Keil, Christiane Fürst, Nadja Schaus, Corina Ssuschke-Voigt
    L: Lenka Dürr, Linda Dörendahl, Lisa Thomsen

Players in italic will play in Montreux. Players in red will join the team after Montreux for the preparation to EL. The other players will be there from the beginning, but they'd play in Montreux only if someone else would be out for some reason.

At the moment, Guidetti plans without Angelina Hübner, but they're still talking about the possibility that she'll join the team later in summer.

I think it's an interesting team...I didn't expect Melanie Keil to be there, she's MB from Junior NT and she played in VCO Berlin, her performances there have been good but I rather expected Leonie Schwertmann to be there...I'm also not really sure if Svenja Engelhardt is good enough for NT, but time will tell...definitely good to see some young new faces like Lippmann, Schäperklaus, Izquierdo, Keil who can be important players for the future :thumbup:

• Almost exactly the roster/players i´ve expected, including Louisa Lippmann,
    Rebecca Schäperklaus and Svenja Engelhardt and the ones who will join the team
    after Montreux.
    Germany NT 2013

• Expected roster actually :thumbsup: I hope Guidetti goes with Hanke.

me too :D

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Expected roster actually :thumbsup: I hope Guidetti goes with Hanke.

I hope so too...and as Apitz apparently doesn't want to play NT again this year, it's 99% sure than Hanke and Weiss will be the setters for ECH. Maybe Lena Möllers will play some matches in EL and/or GP, but I can't see her taking the place of one of the others for the big matches...

I just wish we had some better OHs, the new ones don't bring in anything that the old ones can't do. The only exception is Lisa Izquierdo, but lately in Dresden she has been playing as Opp. I hope Guidetti will keep her as OH though...