Germany NT 2013

• Engelhardt,izquierdo,brinker should be the main OHs and considering guidetti wont let beier or matthes go i'd prefer beier lastly :roll: I dont think she can make good effect for attacking but at least her reception is better.European league will be a good competition to see new players.

Engelhardt??? :aww: She's a very average player in all elements!
    In the long run, Izquierdo, Brinker and Geerties should be the key players, but for this year we'll probably still need Beier. Matthes certainly can play better than she did in Montreux, maybe she can improve over the summer...but OH remains a problematic position for our NT...

• Guidetti asked Stefanie Karg to join NT this summer for ECH, but she has two important exams at university at the same time as ECH. She is currently talking to university about the possibility to postpone the exams...

Would be good if she could join the team, I think she's the best German MB after Ssuschke and Fürst...

• Engelhardt??? :aww: She's a very average player in all elements!
    In the long run, Izquierdo, Brinker and Geerties should be the key players, but for this year we'll probably still need Beier. Matthes certainly can play better than she did in Montreux, maybe she can improve over the summer...but OH remains a problematic position for our NT...

I think she is better than matthes and beier,just she needs more time, at least she deserves more chance to show what she could do for NT and european league is so useful for it :)

• Schaus out and Matthes in :white: I think Matthes is not even an ordinary player...not tall, no technical skills, no good reception...nothing special at all.

I hope Jennifer Geerties will get some chances to play. It doesn't matter playing good or bad, she's only 19 year old and gaining expereinces is more important. about Beier, I think she is needed for reception. so...Brinker, Beier, Matthes and Geerties, it should be?

BTW I'm happy to see Linda Dorendahl coming back to NT...It's been 5 years or more since she had played in NT I assume...

• Schaus out and Matthes in :white: I think Matthes is not even an ordinary player...not tall, no technical skills, no good reception...nothing special at all.

I hope Jennifer Geerties will get some chances to play. It doesn't matter playing good or bad, she's only 19 year old and gaining expereinces is more important. about Beier, I think she is needed for reception. so...Brinker, Beier, Matthes and Geerties, it should be?

BTW I'm happy to see Linda Dorendahl coming back to NT...It's been 5 years or more since she had played in NT I assume...

I'd put Izquierdo there instead of Matthes...but I'd be very surprised if Guidetti goes to ECH with two junior players...

• EL team for the first weekend:

S: Denise Hanke (Schweriner SC), Lena Möllers (Rote Raben Vilsbiburg)
    MB: Christiane Fürst (Günes Istanbul/TUR), Berit Kauffeldt (Giaveno/ITA), Anja Brandt (Schweriner SC),
    OH: Maren Brinker (Busto Arsizio/ITA), Anne Matthes (Dresdner SC), Jana-Franziska Poll (Rote Raben Vilsbiburg), Jennifer Geerties (VC Olympia Berlin)
    Opp: Margareta Kozuch (Busto Arsizio/ITA), Saskia Hippe (Prostejov/CZE)
    Libero: Lenka Dürr (Rote Raben Vilsbiburg)

Guidetti says the goal for EL is on the one hand to watch the players that he doesn't know so well yet, but also to find the 14 players that will play in WGP, and those will probably be the same for ECH.

• Guidetti asked Stefanie Karg to join NT this summer for ECH, but she has two important exams at university at the same time as ECH. She is currently talking to university about the possibility to postpone the exams...

Would be good if she could join the team, I think she's the best German MB after Ssuschke and Fürst...

Unfortunately, Karg will not join the team. She could have postponed the exams, but then she'd have 10 exams during next league season and she says that's impossible, even though she'd have liked playing ECH at home.

On the other hand, she'll be done with her studies next year, so maybe she can join the team then...even though she'll already be 28 by then, but considering that Ssuschke will probably take a maternity break next year, it would be important to have another good MB.

• Unfortunately, Karg will not join the team. She could have postponed the exams, but then she'd have 10 exams during next league season and she says that's impossible, even though she'd have liked playing ECH at home.

On the other hand, she'll be done with her studies next year, so maybe she can join the team then...even though she'll already be 28 by then, but considering that Ssuschke will probably take a maternity break next year, it would be important to have another good MB.

It's a pity that Stefanie can't join NT now, but maybe after studies she wants to become NT member. She can be good replacement for Corina, definitely better than Schaus, Kauffeldt or Brandt.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I'd love to see Karg in the team as well, so one day maybe ;) Well, I completely get what she concerns about. It's a really tough job working and studying at the same time...unless you're a robot.

Well, I hope Berit learns a lot from the best MB in the whole world, Chris Furst :heart:

• Guidetti cut Dörendahl, Burchardt and Matthes from the team :dance6:

He says that in the first year after OG, he wants to give more chances to the young OHs and keep them in the team.
    So now there are 17 players left, of them 14 will play WGP and ECH.

• Guidetti cut Dörendahl, Burchardt and Matthes from the team :dance6:

He says that in the first year after OG, he wants to give more chances to the young OHs and keep them in the team.
    So now there are 17 players left, of them 14 will play WGP and ECH.

Wow, I'm so happy about Matthes being cut, well not offending but she should have been ashamed of being in NT... Burchardt, not to wonder. She's an energetic player but her level is not good enough to play on NT.

But why not Dörendahl? I never expected her to be cut at all :wacko: She played a great season in her club and deserves a spot on NT... I'd cut Thomsen and get Linda in stead.

• So in roster remain these:
    S: Denise Hanke, Kathleen Weiß, Lena Möllers
    OP: Margareta Kozuch, Saskia Hippe
    OH: Maren Brinker, Heike Beier, Lisa Izquierdo, Jennifer Geerties, Svenja Engelhardt, Jana Franziska Poll
    MB: Christiane Fürst, Corina Ssuschke-Voigt, Berit Kauffeldt, Anja Brandt,
    L: Lenka Dürr, Lisa Thomsen

Good that Matthes won't play in ECH, her performance nowadays is below mediocre :thumbdown: For ECH I suppose that out will be Poll, Engelhardt and Möllers, Guidetti relied on Weiß too much to cut her from roster.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• But why not Dörendahl? I never expected her to be cut at all :wacko: She played a great season in her club and deserves a spot on NT... I'd cut Thomsen and get Linda in stead.

I don't agree, Thomsen played a great season in Schwerin too and I think she's better than Dörendahl. I just think Dörendahl should have had the chance to play at least a few matches in Montreux or EL...

• I don't agree, Thomsen played a great season in Schwerin too and I think she's better than Dörendahl. I just think Dörendahl should have had the chance to play at least a few matches in Montreux or EL...

That's what I'm saying. She couldn't even get enough chances to be on the court. not fair for her. Well, I personally don't like Lisa Thomsen, so I'd rather go for Linda...

• It's off-topic, but I don't know where else to post it:

Ex-NT player Sylvia Roll will be head coach of men's 1st league team VC Dresden next season. Last season she coached a men's team in 2nd league and was fairly successful there (3rd or 4th place, not sure). Still very unusual to see a female coach for a male team, but she certainly has the knowledge and also the personality to do that job :win:

• I know Hanke is a good setter, but I think Weiss has a great chemistry with her hitters.. I mean she knows them too well.. great harmony, a remember in ECH 2011 they were simply making no mistakes in attack, they had so many combination plays.. I remember watching the first game against Serbia in pools and I was so surprised how good Germany played.. I wanted them to win in the final however it was the best performance in some years..

• I know Hanke is a good setter, but I think Weiss has a great chemistry with her hitters.. I mean she knows them too well.. great harmony, a remember in ECH 2011 they were simply making no mistakes in attack, they had so many combination plays.. I remember watching the first game against Serbia in pools and I was so surprised how good Germany played.. I wanted them to win in the final however it was the best performance in some years..

Jup, you're right. that's the only reason why Weiss had played so many years as main setter of the team. her connection with Chris and Corina is really good and she knows her teammates very well. But, overall I hope Hanke will be playing as starter this year.

• Germany NT roster for this weekend:

S: Kathleen Weiß (Bergamo/ITA), Denise Hanke (Eczacibasi Istanbul/TUR), Lena Möllers (Novara/ITA)
    OPPs: Margareta Kozuch (without no team), Saskia Hippe (Prostejov/CZE)
    OHs: Maren Brinker (Wroclaw/POL), Heike Beier (Bielsko Biala/POL), Lisa Izquierdo (Dresdner SC), Jana-Franziska Poll (Rote Raben Vilsbiburg), Jennifer Geerties (without no team)
    MBs: Christiane Fürst (Vakifbank Istanbul/TUR), Corina Ssuschke-Voigt (Lokomotiv Baku/AZE), Berit Kauffeldt (Conegliano/ITA), Anja Brandt (Schweriner SC)
    Liberos: Lenka Dürr (Igtisadchi Baku/AZE), Lisa Thomsen (without no team)

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"