Japan NT 2013

• I created this thread because I see that you forget abut this team :lol:

Manabe's team won a bronze medal in summer Olimpic in London and I think that's the end career for some players. We know that, for example Yoshie Takeshita declared that she'll leave national team and she yet leaved JT Marvelous. What do you think, who could be a new setter in national team of Japan. We know that it's not concern only setter. The team can leave middle blocker Erika Araki and libero Yuko Sano (it's almost certain).

Let's talk! :D

• After Yoshie Takeshita retired from NT probably her natural successor seems to be Hitomi Nakamichi, who has similar physical parameters. Manabe should try more Haruka Miyashita, she's so young and perspective player :win: I thought also about Makoto Matsuura.

Erika Araki probably won't leave now, she's only 28, so she can play in Rio or even longer if she wants. In the middle of the net there are also Kaori Inoue, Ai Otomo and Nana Iwasaka, Kanako Hirai was tried last year. In wide roster there was Hiro Ohtake. Good player is Aika Akutagawa from JT.

On libero there is no problem, there are Kotoki Zayasu, Kanari Hamaguchi and Akiko Ino.

Wing spikers' choice probably won't change: Kimura, Sakoda, Ebata, Shinnabe, Yamaguchi, Ishida. However someone new should appear. There are some who can be tried like Miyu Nagaoka (OP from JT), Kaori Kodaira, Arisa Takada (OH's from Toray Arrows), Akari Oumi, Akiko Uchida (OH's from NEC)

So for me (however it's only wide roster):
    S: Nakamichi, Miyashita, M. Matsuura
    MB: Araki, Ka. Inoue, Otomo, Iwasaka, Hirai, Ohtake, Akutagawa
    OH/OPP: Kimura, Sakoda, Ebata, Shinnabe, Yamaguchi, Ishida, Nagaoka, Kodaira, Takada, Oumi, Uchida
    L: Zayasu, Hamaguchi, Ino

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I include in this list.

S:Kaname Yamaguchi( JT ) and Maiko Kano( Hisamitsu ).
    MB: Haruyo Shimamura( NEC ).
    OH:Ishii Yuki( Hisamitsu ),Nabeya Yurie( Denso ) and Sarina Koga ( college player )

• Manabe-san revealed its list of summoned.

http://www.jva.or.jp/japan/womens/

Why did he leave Takeshita on the list.
    Even better Araki is on there twice. I know that they would like to clone her to block the middle when she's replaced by the libero in the back row.
    So is Iwasaka, Ohtake and Zayasu.
    Who is going to get fired at the JVA this week?

• Why did he leave Takeshita on the list.
    Even better Araki is on there twice. I know that they would like to clone her to block the middle when she's replaced by the libero in the back row.
    So is Iwasaka, Ohtake and Zayasu.
    Who is going to get fired at the JVA this week?

My list for world grand prix.

S: Hitomi Nakamichi,Hiroko Matsuura,Haruka Miyashita.

MB: Erika Araki,Nana Iwasaka,Kanako Hirai,Ohtake Riho.

OPP: Yukiko Ebata,Saori Sakoda,Miyu Nagaoka.

OH: Saori Kimura,Risa Shinnabe,Yuki Ishii,Mizuho Ishida,Nabeya Yurie,Akari Oumi.

L: Kotoki Zayasu,Akiko Ino.

Maybe Manabe-san take only two setters and call an MB, Shimamura or Futami.

• Full roster:
    S: Hitomi Nakamichi, Haruka Miyashita, Makoto Matsuura, Hiroko Matsuura, Natsumi Fujita, Kanami Tashiro, Ayaka Hosokawa
    MB: Erika Araki, Nana Iwasaka, Kanako Hirai, Riho Otake, Nanami Inoue, Aimi Kawashima, Haruyo Shimamura, Fumika Moriya, Azusa Futami, Kana Ono, Rika Seki, Nozomi Ito, Kiroya Obikawa
    OH/OPP: Saori Kimura, Saori Sakoda, Yukiko Ebata, Risa Shinnabe, Mizuho Ishida, Miyu Nagaoka, Akari Oumi, Yuki Ishii, Risa Ishii, Saori Takahashi, Ayumi Nakamura, Rika Nomoto, Yurie Nabeya, Yuka Imamura, Sakura Doi, Miku Benoki, Sarina Koga
    L: Kotoki Zayasu, Akiko Ino, Mami Yoshida, Miku Torigoe, Aki Maruyama, Arisa Sato, Akane Yamagishi

No Sano, Kurihara, Yamaguchi, Maiko Kano, Otomo, Hamaguchi, Ishikawa, Inoue siters - Kaori & Kotoe and retired Takeshita. Manabe also didn't call Naoko Hashimoto or Chizuru Koto. Instead of them many new and young players - none over 30, list wider than I expected - overall 44 players. In italic young players who can enter NT in few years, not earlier.

From bold 15 should be chosen main 12. To fill up WGP roster (20 players), I'd add one more L: Yoshida or Torigoe, 2 WS: Oumi, (Y. Ishii or Nabeya), 1 MB: Shimamura and MB or S: (Futami or H. Matsuura)

Edited 2 times, last by kondzio ().

• Can u give me any idea if whom of these new players are really playing very well?...and have more chances to be in the WGP roster :drink:

• Can u give me any idea if whom of these new players are really playing very well?...and have more chances to be in the WGP roster :drink:

Setter: rather nothing new, however M. Matsuura and Miyashita didn't have chances to be in match 12 (H. Matsuura got this chance). I don't see much chances for Fujita, although she was starter in Toyota. Tashiro was substitute in Toray and last one is player for further future.
    Middle Blocker: Except Araki, Hirai and Iwasaka there are many good players, we have wide and hard choice: Otake, N. Inoue, Kawashima, Shimamura, Moriya, Futami, Ono, Seki. From these 3 I prefer most Otake and Shimamura, later Futami, Inoue, Ono and Moriya, other 2 from Okayama I prefer the least.
    Wing Spiker: Last one from bold players Miyu Nagaoka deserves to be in match 12 - she was MVP in V.League. Moreover, Kurihara, Kano and Yamaguchi released places, so there is one for her. Good season had Akari Oumi, Yuki Ishii also Yurie Nabeya isn't without chances.
    Libero: From libero I don't have idea: any of these 4 should be good, I prefer Yoshida or Torigoe. I'm still surprised why Manabe resigned from Hamaguchi, who should be next to Zayasu in bold.

So: Miyashita, M. Matsuura, Otake, Shimamura, Futami/Inoue/Ono, Nagaoka, Oumi, Y. Ishii, Nabeya, Yoshida, Torigoe seem to be nice options. Maybe someone else can add more :win:

• Setter: rather nothing new, however M. Matsuura and Miyashita didn't have chances to be in match 12 (H. Matsuura got this chance). I don't see much chances for Fujita, although she was starter in Toyota. Tashiro was substitute in Toray and last one is player for further future.
    Middle Blocker: Except Araki, Hirai and Iwasaka there are many good players, we have wide and hard choice: Otake, N. Inoue, Kawashima, Shimamura, Moriya, Futami, Ono, Seki. From these 3 I prefer most Otake and Shimamura, later Futami, Inoue, Ono and Moriya, other 2 from Okayama I prefer the least.
    Wing Spiker: Last one from bold players Miyu Nagaoka deserves to be in match 12 - she was MVP in V.League. Moreover, Kurihara, Kano and Yamaguchi released places, so there is one for her. Good season had Akari Oumi, Yuki Ishii also Yurie Nabeya isn't without chances.
    Libero: From libero I don't have idea: any of these 4 should be good, I prefer Yoshida or Torigoe. I'm still surprised why Manabe resigned from Hamaguchi, who should be next to Zayasu in bold.

So: Miyashita, M. Matsuura, Otake, Shimamura, Futami/Inoue/Ono, Nagaoka, Oumi, Y. Ishii, Nabeya, Yoshida, Torigoe seem to be nice options. Maybe someone else can add more :win:

thanks... I was wondering why mari horikawa wasnt called .. Is she not playing good... She was playing very well in the juniors team... :drink:

• Nice Job kondzio! Come on WGP come quickly! I am really excited to see how these new player will fit in the team.

• thanks... I was wondering why mari horikawa wasnt called .. Is she not playing good... She was playing very well in the juniors team... :drink:

maybe she was playing well in the juniors but on the senior level she is not given much playing time in toray whether in asan club championships or japanese league

• Japan needs players receive and defense, players who do not receive Ebata and Sakoda are the best. Nagaoka and Nomoto are good but not on the same level as Sakoda and Ebata.
    I would like to tall players if Manabe-san would risk taking Sarina Koga and Sakura Doi for world grand prix.

• I'm not surprised why Horikawa didn't get chance, she had a little play time as Sakoda's substitution in Toray. There are many other good players, which had good season.

• Do not forget that Horikawa can choose to play for Canada. She was selected to be on the Japanese national team in 2011, but has not for the last two years. Did not play in a match, so still eligible to change.

Maybe she's being forced that way. Can you say, Yoko Zutterland?

• I am apprehensive of the future. I like so much Japan NT. I don't know... Takeshita is so important... I wonder if Japan NT remains competitive after her retirement. She is so smart, conscious, a master of the set-and-volleyball game. I love her technique. They can change OH, OPP, MB, but setter ;( ... is difficult find other like her. Let's see!

• I am apprehensive of the future. I like so much Japan NT. I don't know... Takeshita is so important... I wonder if Japan NT remains competitive after her retirement. She is so smart, conscious, a master of the set-and-volleyball game. I love her technique. They can change OH, OPP, MB, but setter ;( ... is difficult find other like her. Let's see!

Yes..Takeshita has been very important to the team, but she is retired now. They can't rely on her forever...now is the time for these new setters to step up and prove they deserve to be in the NT...can't wait to see how they play now since takeshita is not their main setter anymore...lets hope for the best for the Japanese NT. :drink:

• Yes..Takeshita has been very important to the team, but she is retired now. They can't rely on her forever...now is the time for these new setters to step up and prove they deserve to be in the NT...can't wait to see how they play now since takeshita is not their main setter anymore...lets hope for the best for the Japanese NT. :drink:

Takeshita is one of the best volleyball player on the world, but it's normal that every player will stop his career one day. Now it's time for young players. I think that Hitomi Nakamichi has a similar style of play like Yoshie, but Yoshie is more experience than Hitomi.

I'm so sad, that Ai Otomo and Mai Yamaguchi won't play in national team. Do you know why? :(

And I think that Manabe has a big problem with setter and libero (but with lbero less, I think that Akiko Ino is a good candidate. Manabe-san choose her!) because on attack is ok. Saori Kimura, Yukiko Ebata/Saori Sakoda and on the middle Nana Iwasaka and Erika Araki, Hirai. Nana Iwasaka is so promising player, i hope that she'll be in the starting team. So we have only problem with setter and a little bit with libero.