Japan NT 2013

• Takeshita is one of the best volleyball player on the world, but it's normal that every player will stop his career one day. Now it's time for young players. I think that Hitomi Nakamichi has a similar style of play like Yoshie, but Yoshie is more experience than Hitomi.

I'm so sad, that Ai Otomo and Mai Yamaguchi won't play in national team. Do you know why? :(

And I think that Manabe has a big problem with setter and libero (but with lbero less, I think that Akiko Ino is a good candidate. Manabe-san choose her!) because on attack is ok. Saori Kimura, Yukiko Ebata/Saori Sakoda and on the middle Nana Iwasaka and Erika Araki, Hirai. Nana Iwasaka is so promising player, i hope that she'll be in the starting team. So we have only problem with setter and a little bit with libero.

I guess Manabe will be looking for a new generation. At 2016 Summer Olympic Games Mai Yamaguchi will be 33 and Ai Otomo 34.

• Ai Otomo is retiring, the same with Masami Taniguchi (OP) and Chie Yoshizawa (OH) which also were in NT in past years.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Ai Otomo is retiring, the same with Masami Taniguchi (OP) and Chie Yoshizawa (OH) which also were in NT in past years.

Ai ;(

• I think the main reason that Ai retired is that she wants to be mom. She came back to the national team after having her daughter.

She got a bronze at the 2010 World Championships and then another bronze in London. Her daughter got to see her comeback to get those things.

JT had a down year as well, so it was probably the right time for her to say, this is it. Finish the 2012-2013 season and be a mom.

• I think the main reason that Ai retired is that she wants to be mom. She came back to the national team after having her daughter.

She got a bronze at the 2010 World Championships and then another bronze in London. Her daughter got to see her comeback to get those things.

JT had a down year as well, so it was probably the right time for her to say, this is it. Finish the 2012-2013 season and be a mom.

Yeah, it's a good argument ;) I'll miss her but I think that Nana and Hirai are good players as Ai and Kaori ;)

• Yeah, it's a good argument ;) I'll miss her but I think that Nana and Hirai are good players as Ai and Kaori ;)

I hope Nana will have a slide attack this season

• I hope Nana will have a slide attack this season

I'm sure it ;)

• Saori Kimura has become Japan's new captain.

Montreux Cup roster for Japan

S : Makoto Matsuura, Natsumi Fujita
    OH/OPP : Risa Ishii, Ayumi Nakamura, Yuki Ishii, Saori Takahashi, Yuka Imamura, Miyu Nagaoka, Akari Oumi, Sarina Koga
    MB : Nana Iwasaka, Riho Otake, Haruyo Shimamura, Fumika Moriya
    L : Mami Yoshida, Kotoki Zayasu

The new OH Koga was born in 1996 :what: I'm not sure if i spelled her name right,...Google translator is not reliable sometimes, especially if it comes to asian languages :lol:

• :win:

Manabe was very brave in taking a chance on Sarina Koga, I think she goes to compose the group.At the site of the Japanese volleyball federation is announcing Hiroko Matsuura and not Makoto Matsuura,I looked at a Japanese site where it said it was Makoto, I'm confused too, but I think it is Hiroko and Fujita. :win:

• :win:

Manabe was very brave in taking a chance on Sarina Koga, I think she goes to compose the group.At the site of the Japanese volleyball federation is announcing Hiroko Matsuura and not Makoto Matsuura,I looked at a Japanese site where it said it was Makoto, I'm confused too, but I think it is Hiroko and Fujita. :win:

i really like what manabe is doing now,he's really giving these new and younger players the experience they need since they will be the one who will replace the big names in jthe apanese team...i love to watch sarina koga to play i think she is really good,whith her age manabe must have seen something in her thats why shes in the roster for montreux....so isaori kimura not playing in the montreux cup? :drink:

• Emil, I corrected some names. Overall, Manabe will send new team with few more experienced players which got chances to play in NT (Iwasaka, Zayasu, Y. Ishii, Matsuura).

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Saori Kimura became a new captain :) I'm so happy! In my opinion it's a good decision by Manabe :)

• Japan NT new goals

Manabe: "Our goal is to be on top of the world, so I set the team’s challenge in this season as ‘Knowing Top of the World’. I’ve never experienced world’s No.1 in my career. So, I would like to get pieces of advice from someone who has got gold medal at the Olympics as well as who has experienced ‘Top of the World’ in the field other than sports".
    Saori Kimura: "We have to start bracing ourselves to get gold medal at the Rio de Janeiro Olympics from now. In this season, we will work hard to show the newly-formed team to our fan. I’m a little bit worried whether I can lead the team because we have a large number of players. But I’m really excited about playing with talented players on the same court".

Source:
    http://www.asianvolleyball.org…43/category/AVC+News/navf

After 3rd place at the World Championship and the Olympic Games, Japan NT seems very ambitious now. Sorry disagree, but I don't believe that they will reach the Top of the World. I expect a good team anyway.
    Saori saying they have a large number of players is funny. :lol: It's easier enumerate who isn't there.

• I think every teams wants to be on the top,and everything is possible...It's good to have a goal co'z i think that inspires the coaches and players to bring all their best... :drink:

• So there are very many new players on the Japanese NT. But what type of system do they use? Last OG cycle they took outside #2 out of the reception to allow them to attack better; hence why even though Sakoda and Ebata do not have as much height they are still extremely effective. But will they use the same system now that Takeshita is gone, or do they turn to better passers like Yuki Ishii as their wing hitters?

• Japanese team lost three matches against U.S team in USA Volleyball Cup. 1:3, 1:3, 2:3. I don't worry about it, i think that Masayoshi Manabe know what to do (or I hope that). In first match (July 10) the best player was Ishida, who got 18 points! The third match was the most excited. It was so good match by Yukiko Ebata (24 points), Saori Kimura (23 points) and... Risa Shinnabe (13 points).

You can read about it http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Volleyball. Matches you can watch http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Volleyball/Events/International/2013-USA-Volleyball-Cup-with-Japan/Video. What do you think about them?