Japan NT 2013

• what about Sarina Koga...She's in the list of the Japan NT.. she played in Alassio Cup...im really impressed with her...hope manabe will start to train her and give her more playing time...shes young and will continue to be more better i tihnk :drink:

Sarina Koga doesn't play this world grand-prix because she now plays for her high-school team.
    Yes, she is seen as next top player. Some say she is the next Saori Kimura.

• Too many new players in my opinion. Zayasu was always on the roster previously, but now is starting. Nagaoka playing as well.

Asian qualifications immediately after this tournament and then the Asian Championships soon after that?

Saori Kimura and Ebata have performed like they normally do. Japan is still having issues in replacing Takeshita (and she is not coming back).

I think that Manabe is trying to see what his team can do with the younger players. I was surprised that Saori Sakoda was not involved with the team (yes she was named, but did not play).

• Japan is still having issues in replacing Takeshita (and she is not coming back).

Takeshita is one of those players you can't simply "replace" because they were more than just players. I think Miyashita is doing a very good job already and she is just 19 years old. People shouldn't make the mistake of hoping her to be "the new Takeshita" but rather let her be herself.

• I think that young Japan setter is incredible and I am really impressed by the game of Haruka, she can be much better than Takeshita in the future. This team needs at least one tall, powerful girl.

• Agreee with opinions about Miyashita, she really impressed me throughout World Grand Prix 8o Shinnabe on right wing had many times only single blocks, other girls have also quite good connection with her, though middles got not many balls. Other advantages of Haruka play are nice serve and superb defence skills. Hope that she won't get severe injuries, then she can play even till OG 2028, when she will be 33-34 years old.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Agreee with opinions about Miyashita, she really impressed me throughout World Grand Prix 8o Shinnabe on right wing had many times only single blocks, other girls have also quite good connection with her, though middles got not many balls. Other advantages of Haruka play are nice serve and superb defence skills. Hope that she won't get severe injuries, then she can play even till OG 2028, when she will be 33-34 years old.

I agree, Miyashita's performance improved so much more than the USA cup. Still think that the MB is the weakest position for JPN now, they need more taller and stronger players in that position.

• I agree, Miyashita's performance improved so much more than the USA cup. Still think that the MB is the weakest position for JPN now, they need more taller and stronger players in that position.

When the roster for the London Olympics was made, Nana Iwasaka was cut, and it was a boom, like Alisha and Bown being cut from the USA. They (Japan fans) were saying she is a great player etc. etc. I haven't seen her greatness in any of the matches, she she got some blocks, not impressed by her attack, and I remember she was leading server in some competition (maybe WC?)

• When the roster for the London Olympics was made, Nana Iwasaka was cut, and it was a boom, like Alisha and Bown being cut from the USA. They (Japan fans) were saying she is a great player etc. etc. I haven't seen her greatness in any of the matches, she she got some blocks, not impressed by her attack, and I remember she was leading server in some competition (maybe WC?)

Yes, Iwasaka was 2nd server in WC 2011 ^^ In this Grand Prix unfortunately Japanese middles didn't shine, none from 4 Iwasaka, Otake, Hirai, Kawashima had bigger impact on team. I hope that Araki will be back. I miss players like Ai Otomo, Kaori Inoue or Sachiko Sugiyama ;(

• Yes, Iwasaka was 2nd server in WC 2011 ^^ In this Grand Prix unfortunately Japanese middles didn't shine, none from 4 Iwasaka, Otake, Hirai, Kawashima had bigger impact on team. I hope that Araki will be back. I miss players like Ai Otomo, Kaori Inoue or Sachiko Sugiyama ;(

They didn't use slide attack and quick attack as much as before, They got just three or four ponits per match although some of them can block. I hope Araki and Inoue will be back for NT

• I like to see Otomo

Unfortunately Ai retired ;( but I'm almost sure that Araki will be back, not sure about Inoue, becuase she isn't in wide selection for this year.

• Araki,Sakoda and Nakamichi will surely be back....i think they didnt play in the WGP to give way to some new players and gain international experience..i wish Nana Iwasaka should try to do slide attacks she has the height and make her more versatile...i'm very impressed with Haruka Miyashita..Japan NT has bright future on her... :obey:

• Kaori Inoue has not retired, she will be playing with the Denso Airybees in the V-Challenge League this year.

She was not listed on the roster for the national team this year.

• Kaori Inoue has not retired, she will be playing with the Denso Airybees in the V-Challenge League this year.

She was not listed on the roster for the national team this year.

Huh. Strange, I thought I read somewhere that she retired with Denso dropping into the Challenge League? Or my memory might be bad ?(

• Roster for the World Championship Qualifiers in Komaki September 4-8

Opp: Nagaoka, Shinnabe
    Libero: Sato
    OH: Saori Kimura, Ishii, Ebata, Oumi
    MB: Hirai, Iwasaka, Ohtake
    Setter: Hashimoto, Miyashita

• Similar roster to this from WGP, out are libero Zayasu, wing spiker Ishida and middle blocker Kawashima. Brahmin, do you know if Araki, Sakoda or Nakamichi will be ready for Asian Championships? They start at 13th Septemebr :whistle:

• Otake is a really bad MB.
    She's worst than Araki.

• Araki got married this summer, so I think that she's got the summer off and I doubt that she'd be playing with the team at the Asian Championships.
    I would think that Japan is going to go with a "reserve" squad of the remaining players from the World GP roster.