Serbia NT 2013

• Didn't realize Serbian NT thread of this year hasn't opened.

last year, Serbia had tons of injuried players and wasn't able to make good results in the olympic games...simply unlucky. However it will be different this year. my roster should be like this...

S : Maja Ognjenovic, Ana Antonijevic, Bojana Zivkovic, Danica Radenkovic
    OPP : Jovana Brakocevic, Ivana Nesovic, Ana Bjelica
    MB : Natasa Krsmanovic, Alexandra Petrovic, Stefana Veljkovic, Milena Rasic, Nadja Ninkovic, Jovana Stevanovic, Maja Savic
    OH : Brizitka Molnar, Jovana Vesovic, Jelena Blagojevic, Sanja Malagurski, Brankica Mihajlovic, Tijana Malesevic, Sara Klisura
    L : Suzana Cebic, Nina Rosic

A lot of talented players! I have the feeling that Maja will be still leading the team since she said she would love to keep playing in NT after the olympic games last year. Malagurski may back to the team, but I'm still worried if she hasn't recovered fully yet. Nesovic and Petrovic don't seem to be Terzic's favourites...so I have a big doubt. Blagojevic has been playing quite well in Bergamo, so does Mihajlovic in Cannes. Klisura can be pretty useful as well...she's only 20 yo. the main MBs should be Rasic and either Veljkovic or Krsmanovic.
    obviously the key will be Jovana Brakocevic who's supposed to be the strongest weapon. she's always been rated as a "Young player", but right now with her various experiences in international tournements, she must be the leader like Nikolic in the past 5 years.
    I'd love to see Antonijevic as main setter, but with what maja said, I'm sure Ana will stay as Maja's back up.

• Glad You open this thread @Emil_niklas. :thumbsup:
    I must say I am very excited about this season. We were really unlucky last year, so maybe now luck will be on our side.

About roster: I don't think Nešović is interested in playing in NT as she's not in a good relationship with Terzić.Jovana will be starter for sure and Bjelica as her back up.
    I don't want to see Starović in NT anymore, but maybe she will be called. Ivana Đerisilo said that she will be playing this summer with the team :S Don't know how this will work as she didn't play at all this season.

Maja will play for sure, she's really like a symbol of our NT, girl with the most games played and very positive person. I think that her and Ana will share minutes, season is long and it's the best solution.

I'm not sure in what form is Ćebić after that mess in Rabita. I hope she used free time for take a rest and prepare for this year.

My top 12 would be:

S: Maja, Ana
    OPP: Jovana, Ana B.
    MB: Nataša, Milena, Stefana
    OH: Vesović, Mihajlović, Blagojević, Malagurski
    L: Suzana

• I agree!
    and hope Cebic can play positive in this summer on NT.

• Serbia NT has a great future. A lot of young talented players. Ognjenovic is one of my favorites setters ever! She is a great player and she will lead the team in next tournaments. Brako, as you already mentioned, will be the weapon of the team.
    S: Ognjenovic, Antonijevic, Radenkovic (she suprised me a lot in Piacenza this season)
    OPP: Brakocevic, Bjelica
    OH: Molnar, Malesevic, Blagojevic, Mihajlovic, Malagurski
    MB: Rasic, Krsmanovic, Veljkovic, Ninkovic
    L: Cebic, Rosic, Popovic (can she come back?)

• Starovic is just useless. I don't want to see her on NT anymore. well, last year there was no choice since a lot of players were injuried, but this year she isn't needed. Terzic should rather use Bjelica as OPP.

arthurb, I think Vesovic should be added to your roster :roll: she's the most stable receiver among the roster.

• Nikolic is no longer on NT, so she may come back if she makes a deal with Terzic :roll:

• Starovic is just useless. I don't want to see her on NT anymore. well, last year there was no choice since a lot of players were injuried, but this year she isn't needed. Terzic should rather use Bjelica as OPP.

arthurb, I think Vesovic should be added to your roster :roll: she's the most stable receiver among the roster.

Yes, I knew it. But I don't like Vesovic game, too inconsistent. I think Molnar and Blagojevic can be the receivers of the team. But it's just a personal opinion :D

• Nikolic is no longer on NT, so she may come back if she makes a deal with Terzic :roll:

I don't believe Anja and Jelena have any personal problem between them. Also it's possible Nikolić will comback in NT, probably not this year, but next who knows....The real 'problem' is Terzić.
    Anja many time repeated that she will not play for NT as long as Terzić is coach.

I agree with Matthias, our biggest problem are receivers. I really like Vesović, she is great receiver and solide attacker, not sure how she played in her club this year though. Blagojević is also good. Mihajlović is great in attack but has very unstable reception. Maybe Bianka will fit fine.

• It is very important not to terrorize players to play Euroleague, WGP and ECH, like Terzic did last years.
    I agree that main problem will be OH position. I'll play with Mihajlovic and Molnar, Molnar is the most experienced one, yes she had a bad seasson but it's not due to her only, it's has to do with role that she had in GS too. And also libero position, Cebic hasn't played for months, it is quastion in what kind of form is she. I guess we will have hard times at reception :S

@Sara, maybe it's a bit off topic, but I want to ask you about our talents TIjana Boskovic and Natasa Cikiriz. Have you followed our league? Obviously Tijana is going to be in senior NT for sure, but I want to ask you in which position do you see her, OH or OPP? She is playing OH in junior team. And what do you think in which position in the future she could be more useful? We could see her very soon in senior NT, considering that Terzic likes to add young players very soon to the team. Veljkovic and Brakocevic were 18 when they play also Malagurski, only problem is her citizenship. She is already very close to the Bjelica's level and she had better attack percentage than Bjelica this season
    About Natasa same quastion, although I think Tijana is more talented than her. She has been playing OH the whole season and I am quite suprised by her reception, I thought she would have more troubles with it.
    Maybe some other Serbian users can join this conversation, I am also interested in Joana's opinion

• my top 12 would be:
    S: Ognjenovic,Antonijevic
    OPP: Brakocevic,Bjelica
    OH: Mihajlovic,Vesovic,Molnar,Blagojevic (even if i would like to see Malagurski,but it depends on her injuries)
    MB: Rasic,Krsmanovic,Velijkovic
    L: Cebic

• @Sheilla, I was really impressed with Bošković this season, she is without doubt our biggest talent. I see her more as OPP, but she can become the same type of player as Malagurski for example. Very useful! I wonder whether Terzić is considering her for the near future and what plans does he have for her. As for Nataša she is good but not at the level of Tijana in my opinion.

• I just hope no players get injury this season....what happened last year was almost unbelievable!!! But new year new work...Serbia has an amazing squad! Good Luck girls!

• @Sheilla, I was really impressed with Bošković this season, she is without doubt our biggest talent. I see her more as OPP, but she can become the same type of player as Malagurski for example. Very useful! I wonder whether Terzić is considering her for the near future and what plans does he have for her. As for Nataša she is good but not at the level of Tijana in my opinion.

I am asking my self the same, I think in Vizura they will try to return her to OH after Busa or Cikiriz leave. Maybe in a case of senior NT I see her more as OH considering that is our weakest position in the team, if she could bring her reception to decent level (in senior competition), with a good receiver and libero next to her it would be a good combionation.

• I am wondering about Ana Lazarevic's level in Turkey, maybe some Turkish users can tell more about it?

Sadly, she's not performing well. After Tereza Rossi's arrival, she's generally in the bench. She was not impressive at all, neither in attack nor at recieving. But still it's hard to judge her, Beşiktaş has a very good squad but always underperforming, main reasons: 1. the coach 2. the setter. She has great personality anyway :win:

• Main problem of Serbia is their OHs are all same type Molnar, Vesovic and Blagojevic good receivers with low attacking skills. Mihajlovic is very good attacker however her reception is hard to compensate with Malagurski, which has to be starter as soon as she reachs her former shape. I did not watch Tijana Malesevic this year, any comment about her? Lazareviç played pretty bad during season and she is a bench player after Matuskova arrived. Ana is not good at neither offense not defense. :down:

Serbia had great prospects of their 1992/93 generation Ana Bjelica, Danica Radenkoviç, Jovana Stevanovic and Maja Saviç, Sara Klisura(I don't remember other OH indeed, Jocic or something like that) They all were promising and achieved great success in youth and junior level. Now, Terziç should give them a chance to prove themselves on senior level.