Serbia NT 2013

• I did not watch Tijana Malesevic this year, any comment about her?

Tijana played quite well in first half season, but not spectaculary. I expected more efficiency in attack, usually ~35% is average result.

2nd half is bad or terrible for her, many problem with reception, weaker in attack. Maybe she played weak, because club have finance problems, but really average season for her.

• Main problem of Serbia is their OHs are all same type Molnar, Vesovic and Blagojevic good receivers with low attacking skills. Mihajlovic is very good attacker however her reception is hard to compensate with Malagurski, which has to be starter as soon as she reachs her former shape. I did not watch Tijana Malesevic this year, any comment about her? Lazareviç played pretty bad during season and she is a bench player after Matuskova arrived. Ana is not good at neither offense not defense. :down:

Serbia had great prospects of their 1992/93 generation Ana Bjelica, Danica Radenkoviç, Jovana Stevanovic and Maja Saviç, Sara Klisura(I don't remember other OH indeed, Jocic or something like that) They all were promising and achieved great success in youth and junior level. Now, Terziç should give them a chance to prove themselves on senior level.

Don't think it's a big problem these girls you mentioned aren't extraordinary attackers since we have great MB's, Brakočević and Mihajlović/Malagurski. It's important we have decent reception which will enable faster play. I hope Jovana will play much better than last year, she was really bad :S
    Malešević didn't have good season. She is nice girl but I frankly don't see anything special in her except for serve.

I doubt Radenković, Stevanović, Savić will have possibility to play a lot as we have very good players at that positions, but they will have a bright future for sure. :)

• serbia wont get anywhere until that madman terzic is on the bench his tacs is hit the balls as hard as u can and hope u score which i think is just retarded and his screaming is getting on my nerves he actually is destroying girls confidence that way imo serbia nt should be in top 5 in the world just by looking at the names that are in nt and yet they are so unconsistant in their games that it really pisses me off
    <h1></h1>

• My 2 cents:
    First of all, I think the generation that broke though and won the WCh '06 bronze is nearing its end. I don't think we'll see Nikolic on NT again, and that's fine by me. Let her last match on NT be the ECh '11 final in front of her hometown crowd. That's about the best farewell one can get. :)

I don't know about Ognjenovic. Obviously, she's physically able to play for a number of years yet, but I'm not sure her heart is really in it anymore. Maybe she'll take her career more seriously now that her love story is over. If not, say thank you and good-bye to her as well and let Antonijevic take over.

Now, the problem is that Antonijevic's tendon injury is chronic and not completely solved by the surgery last year. She's already hinted she might not be on NT this summer. In her own words, "I'm always available for NT, but I'm not sure how much I'll be able to contribute considering my condition". Take that as you will.

OHs, OHs... I really, really don't want to see Djerisilo on that position again. It's not fair to anyone. Let her play ONLY if she can be OPP, which is what she really is. Although, if Brakocevic HOPEFULLY keeps up her good form, Ivana could only be a substitute and I'm not sure if that would be wise at this point of her career. Maybe it would be better to let Bjelica show what she's really made of. Or Nesovic, even. It would obviously be ridiculous to have Starovic on NT at this point, but you never know... :roll:
    But back to OHs. I think it's time to drop Molnar. She's had two very bad seasons in a row and seems physically unable to keep up. A great talent once, but ravaged by injuries. Sad, but we should move on. We have two similar players in Blagojevic and Malesevic anyway and they are younger. Mihajlovic should be a lock for the starting line-up, because, man, do we need some hitters who actually can hit the ball. And yeah, get rid of Vesovic as well. We've all seen what she's (not) capable of.
    Malagurski needs to be given a shot, and considering she hasn't seen much action this season, some extra time on NT should be good for her.
    Make some room for Klisura, Busa and Cikiriz. They'll most likely not ready for the big time yet, but they can train with the big girls.
    Boskovic is still too young to be considered here, I think. Let her first play with the youth NT at the WCh this summer. I'd like to see her develop as an OH - OHs with good offensive abilities are always in demand!

MBs. No problems here. Hopefully. Although, what's Veljkovic status on Villa Cortese? Why has she been dropped from the starting line-up?

Liberos. This could get ugly. Who knows what Cebic's form will be like after all this time out. Perhaps leaving Rabita wasn't the best idea after all? I can imagine how psychologically difficult it would have been to stay there, but she could at least have proper training.

But anyway, I just hope everyone (or thereabout) will be healthy. Please please please not another repeat of the last season!

• I agree about Molnar. She's had a terrible season, although I don't think it's all her fault. she just made 2 mistakes...choosing wrong places to play. her style of playing never fits on Japanese league, and it was also expected she can't play that much in Turkey since there's already some foreign players in her team. I know she had a serious shoulder injury and I guess it's going to harm her career this year...

• Ćebić and Đerisilo are training with Crvena Zvezda players, so did Ognjenović before going to Poland. I guess they are not completely unprepared for summer actions.
    Don't think Terzić will leave out Molnar from the team, it woudn't be fair to her after all those years. I enjoyed watching her in 2011, but she is now shadow of former self. :( I would go with Blagojević/Vesović and Mihajlović as starting OHs.

Thought Antonijević solved the problem with tendon, sorry to hear she is still not 100%. :(

I hope Ognjenović will dedicate everything to volley now after that Teodosić saga, she already lost so many years because of this guy :thumbdown: But it's her own fault. Really wish to see her in some top european club and judging by her words it will be her priority for next season.

• IMO the best OH duo is Mihajlovic-Vesovic.. and if Malagurski can recover at all,she is better than Brankika.. i would prefer Vesovic to Blagojevic (even if i really like Jelena so much) because Jovana has i little bit more power in spiking..

• I hope Ognjenović will dedicate everything to volley now after that Teodosić saga, she already lost so many years because of this guy :thumbdown: But it's her own fault. Really wish to see her in some top european club and judging by her words it will be her priority for next season.

:huh: What happened to Ognjenovic and Teodosic relationship? Did they broke up?? 8|

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Radenkovic ..I think she's better than Zivkovic and can be very helpful for Serbian NT.
    And what about Sanja Bursac? Isn't she good enough for NT in your opinion?
    Anyway, Serbia needs Anja Spasjevic!!! She's not that old...Convince her to come back ;)

• :huh: What happened to Ognjenovic and Teodosic relationship? Did they broke up?? 8|

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Radenkovic ..I think she's better than Zivkovic and can be very helpful for Serbian NT.
    And what about Sanja Bursac? Isn't she good enough for NT in your opinion?
    Anyway, Serbia needs Anja Spasjevic!!! She's not that old...Convince her to come back ;)

Yes, they broke up couple of months ago. Rumors say that he impregnated some woman while he was still with Maja. :roll: We will find out soon. Anyway last year was rough for Maja. I'm a little :offtopic: :)

I agree with You about Radenković, but I doubt Terzić will put her ahead Živković since Bojana was in the same club as Terzić this year. I would like to see Danica playing Euroleague as starting setter.
    I want Anja too, but no chance I'm afraid. :(

• Zivkovic shouldn't have decided to go to Russia with Terzic. She was creative last year, but this season she tends to set almost all the balls to Mammadova, and I don't see any fast nor creative movement from her. Radenkovic is a young girl and there's already 3 older setters than her...what a shame.

• Molnar may not be in top physical form and therefore her attacking has suffered but she is by far their best receiver. We saw how poorly Serbia did at the Olympics with their reception and overall performance. Their strength lies in the middle and without passing we all know that's not possible to take advantage of. Vesovic has a very nice armswing and she seems to have good fundamentals but she has never really broken through and become the type of player that takes a starting role. Tijana Malesevic has never really impressed me either. Mihajlovic has definitely improved this season in Cannes and Serbia is lucky to have her. I hope to see Malagurski get back to the form she was in prior to the injury because she was very promising. Blagojevic is not impressive from a physical standpoint but perhaps can play the same role that Molnar has in the past. With Ognjenovic and Antonijevic (healthy) they seem well off at the setter position. I have a question in regards to Antonijevic. She seems to have played pretty much this entire and all of last pro season without any noticeable drop in performance due to injury. Why does it seem to be an issue during NT time?

• Blagojevic is not impressive from a physical standpoint but perhaps can play the same role that Molnar has in the past.

That's what I hope for. She can hopefully be the all-around player that takes care of reception and defensive duties while performing at least solidly in attacking. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing I'd wish more then to see Molnar return to her old form, but I'm afraid her career is in downward spiral and has passed the point of no return.
    Vesovic has played on NT for a long time and by now it's clear that her contribution can only be limited and I don't think she'll be getting any better. In any case, I don't think there's enough room for BOTH of them on NT.

As for Antonijevic, she says she hasn't played full time in French league this season (perhaps someone who's followed the league more closely this season can shed some light on it), is in constant pain and is unhappy with her form and game. Whether is just a prepared excuse to skip the NT duties this summer remains to be seen.

• Maybe Vesovis is playing long time in NT, but she's only 25 :what: (I thought that she's about 30 or even more), so I think that they shouldn't resign from her. Although they are better players and I'm not her fan, she has quite stable reception and still can be solid substitution.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I remember Vesovic was a big hope as young player and she's in Senior NT since she's 19 or 20 I think. But this season, she spent most of the time on bench in her Russian club and had to watch two rather mediocre (well, one decent and one rather weak) Russian OHs playing, and the team finished 10th after regular season. I don't know if she had health problems or anything like that, but she simply couldn't make her way into 1st six. Same goes for Alajbeg by the way who plays in the same team, but even she got more playing time than Vesovic, sometimes even as OH :what:

• Vesovic was even on the team that won the WCH '06 bronze! Of course, she didn't get to play that much back then, but still.

She was considered a big potential and did great in junior competitions, but never managed to really break through.

• She was considered a big potential and did great in junior competitions, but never managed to really break through.

That's unfortunately something very frequent, in pretty much all countries. As for Serbia, I still remember very well when I watched their Junior team in 2006 ECH, Ivana Nesovic was with big difference the most impressive player of the team (Zivkovic, Drpa, Nesovic, Sevarika, Siljkovic, Veljkovic, Rosic if I remember right), she had jump serves and attacks like adult players, but unfortunately she's another one that never really lived up to the expectations :S