Serbia NT 2013

• Jocic retired? She was a great promise of the Serbian NT :wacko: . I noticed that all of the major promises of Serbia failed to grow but not all those who were hoping to become a star.

• That's unfortunately something very frequent, in pretty much all countries. As for Serbia, I still remember very well when I watched their Junior team in 2006 ECH, Ivana Nesovic was with big difference the most impressive player of the team (Zivkovic, Drpa, Nesovic, Sevarika, Siljkovic, Veljkovic, Rosic if I remember right), she had jump serves and attacks like adult players, but unfortunately she's another one that never really lived up to the expectations :S

I heard that Marta Drpa(MVP of 2006 Junior Balkan Championship) and previously Hanusiç were also great prospects however not in a high level now :S Moreover, I remember that 5-6 years ago, Vesna Çitakoviç once stated Vesoviç and Malagurski are the biggest hope for Serbian volley :whistle:

Is there any Serbian player, in contrast, did not shine in youth/junior level and then turn into a star? I don't remember anything special about Brakoçeviç for example ?(

I just found a very old news from Junior Balkan Championship in 2003 (84/85 generation) Turkey 3-2 Serbia, the big rivalry since then :drink:

Serbia: Jaksiç xx, Kaliniç x, Antonijeviç xx, Hanusiç x, Crnceviç x, Djuriç x
    Turkey: İpek Soroğlu xxx, Gözde Kırdar xxx, Gökçen Denkel xxx, Seda Tokatlıoğlu xxx, Nilay Özdemir xxx, Güldeniz Önal xxx

• Vesovic was even on the team that won the WCH '06 bronze! Of course, she didn't get to play that much back then, but still.

She was considered a big potential and did great in junior competitions, but never managed to really break through.

Wasn't that tournament held in Ankara/Turkey? Had Serbia lost to Brasil in the final. true?
    that serbian team had beat Turkey which had had Seda,Neriman,Güldeniz etc...Nesoviç and Vesoviç had played very well against Turkey.i had hated them bcz of that :D

• Is there any Serbian player, in contrast, did not shine in youth/junior level and then turn into a star? I don't remember anything special about Brakoçeviç for example ?(

Milena Rasic. She caught everyone by surprise when she became one of the best players of the Serbian league in the season 2008/2009. Soon she made it on NT and hasn't looked back.
    Jovana Brakocevic didn't play much in juniors because she got selected for senior NT very early on. She too was on the team that won the WCh bronze, at the age of 18. And the following year in Djerisilo's absence she was in the starting line-up at the ECh, where she got the award as the best server of the tournament.

That was also the case with the previous generation of Ognjenovic, Spasojevic, Nikolic, Djerisilo etc. None of them did much on juniors because they were basically a part of the senior NT right from the start.

• Wasn't that tournament held in Ankara/Turkey? Had Serbia lost to Brasil in the final. true?
    that serbian team had beat Turkey which had had Seda,Neriman,Güldeniz etc...Nesoviç and Vesoviç had played very well against Turkey.i had hated them bcz of that :D

I'm not sure what tournament you mean. :D Vesovic played on senior WCh in 2006. But yes, she played also on junior WCh in 2005 in Turkey when Serbia won silver. Vesovic was voted MVP of that tournament.
    I remember that MB Marija Mratinkovic was a part of that team, and she was hugely hyped as a future superstar, but her career flopped big time.

Brakocevic has always played as OPP, that I know of at least.

• Jocic retired? She was a great promise of the Serbian NT :wacko: . I noticed that all of the major promises of Serbia failed to grow but not all those who were hoping to become a star.

I guess so, she hasn't played anywhere for two seasons. Well, I don't think she was one of ,,major promis'' and senior NT potential. Maybe you mixed her up with someone.

• What about Bursac? I don't know her very much, but she's young..couldn't she be a good back-up for Serbia?

Anyway IMO Serbian team should be like this:
    Ognjenovic- Antonijevic (Radenkovic as third setter)
    Brakocevic - Djerisilo (or Bjelica)
    Mihajlovic - Vesovic - Malagurski - Molnar(or Malesevic and Blagojevic as alternatives)
    Rasic - Velijkovic - Ninkovic - Krsmanovic
    Cebic - Popovic

But what about Bursac ?(

• No need for her. She is a young player, but there are younger players that are more talented than her and already maybe better players, like Bianka Busa and Natasa Cikiriz. Plus I would call Klisura before her.
    If we are going to play Euroleague with B team, why not..

• Finally some news, albeit not much. This year Serbia will play European league with a B team consisting mostly of players from the domestic league. That team will not be led by Terzic, and unlike most previous years, players from A team will not be added at any point.

• Aleksandar Vladisavljev will be the coach of the team that will play Euroleague. We are going to play Euroleague with B team and it is said that we will play with B team whole tournament.
    Thanks Good, Terzic finally realised that same 12 players can't play on a high level all tournaments, because of that we always had poor results on most important competitions.

Preparations will start on 20. May, the roster is still unknown

• I don't think we'll have much use of this competition, to be honest. It would make sense to have youngsters like Busa and the gang play it, but they will play the Junior WCh instead. I don't see anyone else from the Serbian league who could make an impact and challenge for a spot on A team. But at least some players will be able to say that they've played on the NT. :D

• I don't think we'll have much use of this competition, to be honest. It would make sense to have youngsters like Busa and the gang play it, but they will play the Junior WCh instead. I don't see anyone else from the Serbian league who could make an impact and challenge for a spot on A team. But at least some players will be able to say that they've played on the NT. :D

Hm maybe some players from 92/93 generation? Like Savic, Stevanovic. They are good but their position is the strongest in our NT so they will not have a real chance there. I'd like to see Klisura too

• Yeah, Savic and Stevanovic crossed my mind too and I'm pretty sure they will be on that team.

I'm not too thrilled with the concept of having mostly players from the Serbian league be on B team, so far it hasn't proved to be that useful. I'd rather give a chance to players from abroad who haven't been given much (if any) time on NT. Like Klisura, Petrovic, Nesovic, Bursac. Even Malagurski, if she's still not ready for the highest level, because she desperately needs some play time.

But I guess it's not going to happen.

• Yeah, but it is a quastion whether that players want to play in this kind of competition

That's true. Although, perhaps some would, there's no harm checking out with them if they're interested
    I do think it would be a good idea to include players who didn't play a lot in their teams this year, like Klisura and Malagurski. It would be awful for Sanja to spend the entire summer sitting on the bench with the NT, if she's still not completely ready to compete with the big girls. She never will be unless she has a chance to play herself into form.
    Maybe Radenkovic even, if both Ognjenovic and Antonijevic decide to play on NT this year.

What about Mediterranean Games squad ? :sos:

I'm not sure Serbia is going to participate. :S I haven't heard anything. I know the handball team will compete.