You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

brahmin

Master

• "brahmin" is male

Favourite Team: USA Men NT, USA Women NT, Japan Women NT

Thursday, May 2nd 2013, 2:50pm

What is even more ridiculous is that foreign players are essentially on 1-year contracts compared to the locals. The foreign players actually have more freedom in their movement than the Korean players.

Gavin Schmitt left KOVO after 3 seasons to play in Russia. I am pretty sure that his Russian team did not have to send a player in return to South Korea.

ErolGarip

Professional

Favourite Team: Vakif, Muzsyna, Halk

Sunday, May 5th 2013, 6:32pm

So, any news or rumor about where she'll be playing or where she is planning to play in the next season?

Sunday, May 5th 2013, 6:52pm

her back attacks are just like a nature phenomenon, i never saw anything like this before, her arms and legs are the strongest. I made a painting for my living-room, with most of the famous super-heroes and heroines from marvel and DC comics, and i also painted Yeon-koung, between all of them, of course she has amazing super powers ;) :super:
nah, not the strongest.....she has a strong arm/shoulder but thats it, not more.but technically she is very good....
meso mi ra se beno...

Kranky

Beginner

• "Kranky" is female

Favourite Players: Yeon-Koung Kim

Sunday, May 5th 2013, 7:57pm

Yeah, ok, hahaha, i know she has not the strongest legs, etc..., but since technically and passionately she is so amazing, to me she is the strongest, that's all, ...it was a comment blinded by the passion, hahaha :P :cheesy:

Sunday, May 5th 2013, 7:59pm

Yeah, ok, hahaha, i know she has not the strongest legs, etc..., but since technically and passionately she is so amazing, to me she is the strongest, that's all, ...it was a comment blinded by the passion, hahaha :P :cheesy:
:thumbsup: the same for me sometimes...i like passionate players..
meso mi ra se beno...

Kranky

Beginner

• "Kranky" is female

Sunday, May 5th 2013, 8:50pm

:thumbsup: the same for me sometimes...i like passionate players..

Yeaaahhhh!!! long live passion!!! :drink:

YKagassi

Intermediate

• "YKagassi" started this thread

Favourite Players: KIM Yeon-koung

Monday, May 6th 2013, 9:42pm

Kim Yeon-koung will have the 2nd meeting on 10th May with Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, Korean Volleyball Association (KVA), Korean Volleyball Federation (KOVO) and Heungkuk Life (HKL) to solve her problem concerning FA.

Monday, May 6th 2013, 10:00pm

This is turning into some kind of tradition. Only way Kim can get rid of them without leaving Nt is buyout this meetings are pointless just saying

Kranky

Beginner

• "Kranky" is female

Tuesday, May 7th 2013, 12:42am

Kim Yeon-koung will have the 2nd meeting on 10th May with Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, Korean Volleyball Association (KVA), Korean Volleyball Federation (KOVO) and Heungkuk Life (HKL) to solve her problem concerning FA.

Yeah, wow..., this is exhausting, poor Yeon... :( I hope she gets what she wants, but it seems like a neverending nightmare...

Friday, May 10th 2013, 8:32pm

So what happened ?

• "filedefener" is male

Favourite Team: Fenerbahçe, Germany NT, Dutch NT, Belgium NT, USA NT

Friday, May 10th 2013, 8:33pm

today's meeting has been postponed.
"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

Friday, May 10th 2013, 8:55pm

Bah not good i don't feel like they want to solve this problem

NobodyKnows

Professional

• "NobodyKnows" is male

Favourite Team: Sesi (M)/Unilever (F) - Brazil NT(M/F)

Sunday, May 12th 2013, 1:30am

Any novelty. And the novel goes on... :whistle:

YKagassi

Intermediate

Sunday, May 12th 2013, 11:43am

Sa-nee Kim in Azeri League

Interesting situation...

Sa-nee Kim (setter, Heungkuk life insurance) who has just obtained FA this season refused renewal of contract with Heungkuk. She said that she is discussing with one club in Azeri league, and they almost done.

Let's see, if Heungkuk will ask one compensate player of the Azeri club with 200% annual salary of Sa-nee Kim. Because they are those who insist such stubbornly the FA domestic rule has to be respected in all international transfer.

I would like to remind them, FIVB sports regulation (July 2012).

45.1.3 Rules for international transfers
Players and clubs must abide by the rules of their NFs for local transfers and by the FIVB Regulations for all international transfers.
45.1.2 Rights of the National Federations (NFs)
NFs have the right to protect the integrity of their affiliated clubs and determine the modalities for the transfer of players to local teams. They may establish national regulations for the transfer of players to foreign teams, provided that such rules are supplementary to and not against the letter and spirit of the FIVB Sports Regulations.

Congrat! Sa-nee Kim :flower:

NobodyKnows

Professional

• "NobodyKnows" is male

Monday, May 13th 2013, 3:33pm

I want to see Sa-nee Kim playing abroad.

YKagassi, is Yoo-mi Han a Free Agent? Do you know why didn't she play last season?

YKagassi

Intermediate

Monday, May 13th 2013, 6:06pm

YKagassi, is Yoo-mi Han a Free Agent? Do you know why didn't she play last season?

No she is not. Yoo-mi Han is retired ;( , that's why she did not play last season.

Today Yoo-mi Han and Yeon-koung Kim participated to an event for promoting NIKE SHE RUNS SEOUL 7K. I don't know what exactly it is :lol: but seems to be related to the marathon competition on 25th May.

from left to right, Yeon-koung Kim, Jae-min park, and Yoo-mi Han (via twitter.com/snipatrol)

(via twitter.com/kimyk10)

NobodyKnows

Professional

• "NobodyKnows" is male

Monday, May 13th 2013, 6:38pm

No she is not. Yoo-mi Han is retired ;( , that's why she did not play last season.

Today Yoo-mi Han and Yeon-koung Kim participated to an event for promoting NIKE SHE RUNS SEOUL 7K. I don't know what exactly it is :lol: but seems to be related to the marathon competition on 25th May.

from left to right, Yeon-koung Kim, Jae-min park, and Yoo-mi Han (via twitter.com/snipatrol)

(via twitter.com/kimyk10)
Oh, I didn't know that. ;( She is only 31... She could play in V-League for years. I saw her many times sat at the stands during V-League matches this season. But everyone must do their own decisions.

Thanks a lot! Nice pics. :thumbup:

Wednesday, May 15th 2013, 5:50pm

will Hyo-Jin play for foreign's club as well, btw? :)

YKagassi

Intermediate

Wednesday, May 15th 2013, 10:17pm

will Hyo-Jin play for foreign's club as well, btw? :)

No, she became an FA at the end of this season, but she extended the contract for 3 years with the same club, Hyundai Hillstate. :)

Yang Hyo-jin and Yeon-joo Hwang
(Credit: Kyungsoo Kim, via http://www.volleyballkorea.com/)

YKagassi

Intermediate

Wednesday, May 15th 2013, 11:05pm

Epic moment by Kim

Kim Yeon-koung often makes unforgettable epic moments on the court. Very impressive ones that remain long time in our mind.

Here are some!

1. CEV CL league 2011-12 semi final

Spike just after diving dig

2. 2012 Olympic Qualifying Japan vs Korea

Back attack with zero step

3. WGCC 2009

Kim Yeon-koung passes Kim Sa-nee attacks

4. Asia Champ 2011

Never miss a chance for direct kill

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "YKagassi" (May 15th 2013, 11:12pm)

Social bookmarks