KIM Yeon-Koung

• What is even more ridiculous is that foreign players are essentially on 1-year contracts compared to the locals. The foreign players actually have more freedom in their movement than the Korean players.

Gavin Schmitt left KOVO after 3 seasons to play in Russia. I am pretty sure that his Russian team did not have to send a player in return to South Korea.

• her back attacks are just like a nature phenomenon, i never saw anything like this before, her arms and legs are the strongest. I made a painting for my living-room, with most of the famous super-heroes and heroines from marvel and DC comics, and i also painted Yeon-koung, between all of them, of course she has amazing super powers ;) :super:

nah, not the strongest.....she has a strong arm/shoulder but thats it, not more.but technically she is very good....

• Yeah, ok, hahaha, i know she has not the strongest legs, etc..., but since technically and passionately she is so amazing, to me she is the strongest, that's all, ...it was a comment blinded by the passion, hahaha :P :cheesy:

• Yeah, ok, hahaha, i know she has not the strongest legs, etc..., but since technically and passionately she is so amazing, to me she is the strongest, that's all, ...it was a comment blinded by the passion, hahaha :P :cheesy:

:thumbsup: the same for me sometimes...i like passionate players..

• Kim Yeon-koung will have the 2nd meeting on 10th May with Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, Korean Volleyball Association (KVA), Korean Volleyball Federation (KOVO) and Heungkuk Life (HKL) to solve her problem concerning FA.

• Kim Yeon-koung will have the 2nd meeting on 10th May with Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, Korean Volleyball Association (KVA), Korean Volleyball Federation (KOVO) and Heungkuk Life (HKL) to solve her problem concerning FA.

Yeah, wow..., this is exhausting, poor Yeon... :( I hope she gets what she wants, but it seems like a neverending nightmare...

• Interesting situation...

Sa-nee Kim (setter, Heungkuk life insurance) who has just obtained FA this season refused renewal of contract with Heungkuk. She said that she is discussing with one club in Azeri league, and they almost done.

Let's see, if Heungkuk will ask one compensate player of the Azeri club with 200% annual salary of Sa-nee Kim. Because they are those who insist such stubbornly the FA domestic rule has to be respected in all international transfer.

I would like to remind them, FIVB sports regulation (July 2012).

45.1.3 Rules for international transfers
    Players and clubs must abide by the rules of their NFs for local transfers and by the FIVB Regulations for all international transfers.
    45.1.2 Rights of the National Federations (NFs)
    NFs have the right to protect the integrity of their affiliated clubs and determine the modalities for the transfer of players to local teams. They may establish national regulations for the transfer of players to foreign teams, provided that such rules are supplementary to and not against the letter and spirit of the FIVB Sports Regulations.

Congrat! Sa-nee Kim :flower:

• I want to see Sa-nee Kim playing abroad.

YKagassi, is Yoo-mi Han a Free Agent? Do you know why didn't she play last season?

No she is not. Yoo-mi Han is retired ;( , that's why she did not play last season.

Today Yoo-mi Han and Yeon-koung Kim participated to an event for promoting NIKE SHE RUNS SEOUL 7K. I don't know what exactly it is :lol: but seems to be related to the marathon competition on 25th May.

from left to right, Yeon-koung Kim, Jae-min park, and Yoo-mi Han (via twitter.com/snipatrol)

(via twitter.com/kimyk10)

• Oh, I didn't know that. ;( She is only 31... She could play in V-League for years. I saw her many times sat at the stands during V-League matches this season. But everyone must do their own decisions.

Thanks a lot! Nice pics. :thumbup:

• Kim Yeon-koung often makes unforgettable epic moments on the court. Very impressive ones that remain long time in our mind.

Here are some!

1. CEV CL league 2011-12 semi final
    gkJxgpunof8
    Spike just after diving dig

2. 2012 Olympic Qualifying Japan vs Korea
    pOr6XDxd5dI
    Back attack with zero step

3. WGCC 2009
    vH7bFvVDo4g
    Kim Yeon-koung passes Kim Sa-nee attacks

4. Asia Champ 2011
    zfCHU-HHiqc