KIM Yeon-Koung

• Of course I will! :)

At the moment, no news. It seems that both sides do not want to compromise nor withdraw their demanding.
    The date of next meeting is not fixed, but it seems that Heungkuk started to prepare the meeting to obtain higher position at the negotiating table.

Few days ago, one article appeared on internet news site, which is VERY VERY biased in favor of Heungkuk. Kim Yeon-Koung mentioned it on her twitter, saying that "Is there still someone who misunderstood the situation? Get the compensate player and 200% salary when Sa-nee goes out, then!"

Well, I was also sooooooooo up set after reading this article. I know that many journalists wrote articles in favor of Heungkuk so far, because they need to keep good relationship with sports club otherwise sports club deny to provide them sources for articles. There are many small media companies for sports and entertainment in Korea, and this is VERY important for them. Only few independent enough (affiliated from big media company) media write neutral ones, but total number of those articles are less than 5%

But this time was so unfair. Even the title was soooooooo vicious. (They modified the title after few hours because they have got so many negative feedback from readers about that) Done only for one purpose, to raise negative opinions about Kim Yeon-Koung. I wondered who wrote this. Then I found that the adress of this media company resides in the 2nd floor of Heugkuk building. :read:

Between, Sa-nee Kim successfully escaped from Heungkuk! Bravo! :drink: she will play in Lokomotive Azeri league for next season.

• No, but they are close enough :) He was the coach of Heungkuk few years ago when Kim Yeon-koung played in V-league. With two Yeon (Yeon-koung, Yeon-joo, a.k.a. Yeon sisters), Heungkuk at that time was unbeatable. We also call it as "The epoch of left Yeon-koung right Yeon-joo". (Yeon-joo is Opposite, normally attacks on the right)

We can not identify korean with last name. We have few family names, in total about 250?
    For exemple 16% of koreans are Kim! :)

(photo by Emiko Oosato)
    Yeon Sisters!!

One more! at London Olympic (via http://stoo.asiae.co.kr/news/s…idxno=2012081121453645849)

• After I wrote about Yeon sisters, it reminds me this interview done last summer.
    I like this interview among many interviews done after Olympics.
    so I made english subtitle!! Hope you enjoy. :)

x2b0iTZ0-00

• Great interview! I enjoyed it a lot. :thumbup: Yeon-joo is really one of the most beautiful volleyball players in the world.
    I like them both, but I never saw Yeon-joo spiking from the left. Sometimes she moves to the middle but never to the left. She should try it. Kim must spike from two sides in international matches. I remember USA efficient strategy against South Korea at the Olympics during first match: all blockers concentrate with Kim on the right and keeping outside free. Yeon-joo lost her position in starting-six against USA. Do you think she can spike from right side? Did you watch her doing it before?

• Quote from NobodyKnows

I like them both, but I never saw Yeon-joo spiking from the left. Sometimes she moves to the middle but never to the left. She should try it. Kim must spike from two sides in international matches. I remember USA efficient strategy against South Korea at the Olympics during first match: all blockers concentrate with Kim on the right and keeping outside free. Yeon-joo lost her position in starting-six against USA. Do you think she can spike from right side? Did you watch her doing it before?

I think this is due to the different system in Korea. We categorize attacker's position as Left and Right rather than Outside Hitter and Opposite. If you visit any webpage of volleyball team in Korea, they categorize players as Left, Right, Center, Setter and Libero. (Center for Middle Blocker) Attackers hardly change their position. They are very used to left or right since they have started volleyball. Yeon-joo is left handed (advantage for attacker on the right) and I have not seen that she spikes on the left.

On the other hand Yeon-koung spikes on the right sometimes. I remember she changed her position from left to right 2010 in the national team. The coach wanted to minimize reception by Yeon-koung to maximize her attack. She did well but not as much as before. After several matches she came back her position, left. In the beginning of the last season in Fener 2012-13, I saw that she keeps her position 3 after being rotated and tries to spike there. (Normally after serve she immediately shifts from 3 to 1) Maybe it was Kamil's strategy, but he gave up soon after. yes, it would be better on both sides .. but seems hard changing their habit in short period. :)

• WHx6BB7gS3s

It's been a while that I made the subtitle of this video, but I post here for those have not seen yet. It was the first time that I made subtitle, so sync is not good. apologize for that!

She did this interview on March (or April) 2011, when she has just finished the second season in Japan, before coming to Europe.

• I think this post should be moved to "Transfer News 2013-2014" thread :roll:

Moved ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• does south korea have new players to show for this year? :sos:

• hm...................

We don't have the squad yet for 2013 NT.
    As you know, our national federation has such efficient and wonderful organization system :whistle:
    The first NT match will be on september by the way, 2013 Asian Women's Club Volleyball Championship

I have no idea for new players.
    I expect to see So-young Lee (GS Caltex) in NT who did very successful debut this year.... but just my opinion!
    She got the prize for rookie 2012-2013 in V-League. Left position. Also very good at reception.

So-young Lee (via http://article.joinsmsn.com/ne…otal_id=10862077&ctg=1400)

• ooh left position and also good in rception another yeon koung? :drink: