KIM Yeon-Koung

• Had Yeon-joo Hwang already played abroad? I heard something about Japan one time. And Yang Hyo-jin?

as I know, they have played only in korea.

YKK may be the first korean player to play in foreign league.

• whew! yes.

let me correct one thing first.
    Rather than "Temporary Drop Out", " Arbitrarily withdrawn" is rather proper expression here. As it is used also in official documents and letters between FIVB and KVA.

Since April, KVA (Korean National Federation) has kept distance from this affair. They are keep saying that they will no more involve this conflict btw Yeon-koung and Heungkuk. Yeon-koung has to negotiate with HK. They ignored all requests and questions that Yeon-koung did to KVA.

2nd July, Kim is categorized as the player arbitrarily withdrawn by KOVO (pro league federation), and they announced that she can not play neither domestic nor abroad anywhere never. And Heungkuk asked again to Kim through 'their' media, to give a conference to the korean public , showing all sincere apologies about making the problem such worse and giving negative images to Heungkuk life insurance. Otherwise, they will not start any negotiation.

Today, KVA announed roster to Asian Championship and the asian qualification to the World Championship. And.... they included Kim Yeon-koung. They saying, even if Kim is the arbitrarily withdrawn player now, it is the matter with KOVO, nothing to do with KVA. and it will be also good for her to play in NT, showing that her motivation to play abroad. We can not give her ITC to play abroad however. because she is arbitrarily withdrawn player.

What the...!!!!!

Just before they said she can not play anywhere in the earth because she is arbitrarily withdrawn, but now they asked her to play in NT because they know how the NT will be without Kim Yeon-koung. Use Kim when necessary, but can not help her, sorry.

whew..... I don't know how to say about these insane volley people in korea.

Kim is preparing to go Court of Arbitration for Sport with her lawyer and agency. but in this case she can not play at least one season.

So up to now, everything unclear.

:aww: :wall: :mad:

I have no words. Sometimes I prefer to be quiet.

http://www.worldofvolley.com/N…kim-yeong-koung-kovo.html

• In that case, if Kim decides to play abroad, Kovo can't stop her, right? The only issue is that she won't be able to play at V-League anymore, isn't?
    KVA wants her for the national team and all teams in the world wants her too. She can play everywhere, aside V-League. I guess FIVb won't punish her because HK is asking for. If I understood well, KVA won't too.

• In that case, if Kim decides to play abroad, Kovo can't stop her, right? The only issue is that she won't be able to play at V-League anymore, isn't?
    KVA wants her for the national team and all teams in the world wants her too. She can play everywhere, aside V-League. I guess FIVb won't punish her because HK is asking for. If I understood well, KVA won't too.

If she is announced as an arbitrarily withdrawn, she can not play in V-league for sure. If she wants to play abroad, she needs an ITC from KVA, because she is a member of Korean National Federation. But KVA refuses to give her ITC, because she is not free from Heungkuk, but arbitrarily withdrawn from the club. Without ITC, FIVB don't allow a player of certain national federation play in the league managed by other national federation.

KVA can give her an ITC independently from the club whatever, in fact ... KVA = Heungkuk. KVA is not independent at all from Heungkuk.

What if she get retired from KOVO (or KVA)? It seems good solution but not possible. According to KOVO (and KVA) rule, a player need an agreement of club to be retired. Heungkuk will be agree on that? No way. She can not be retired without permission of HK.

• Her fan club, Yeon-koung Holic, appeal for funds and made advertisement on two bus line in Seoul. the bus passes in front of Heungkuk main building during one month

• If she is announced as an arbitrarily withdrawn, she can not play in V-league for sure. If she wants to play abroad, she needs an ITC from KVA, because she is a member of Korean National Federation. But KVA refuses to give her ITC, because she is not free from Heungkuk, but arbitrarily withdrawn from the club. Without ITC, FIVB don't allow a player of certain national federation play in the league managed by other national federation.

KVA can give her an ITC independently from the club whatever, in fact ... KVA = Heungkuk. KVA is not independent at all from Heungkuk.

What if she get retired from KOVO (or KVA)? It seems good solution but not possible. According to KOVO (and KVA) rule, a player need an agreement of club to be retired. Heungkuk will be agree on that? No way. She can not be retired without permission of HK.

It's weird. Firstly, KVA seems to be independent of Kovo (announcing her for NT season) and then they respect Heungkuk's decision. :aww: Do you know why KVA is related to HK? Money? If they can give her an ITC, why they don't do that?

• KVA has no power. so weak. and basically they agree 'the philosophy' of clubs that players has to obey all unfair condition which is absolutely done in favor of club. HK complain so long time and threaten KVA that they are spending lot of money keeping volley team and they will stop having team if Kim affair does not ends as they want.

It's weird. Firstly, KVA seems to be independent of Kovo (announcing her for NT season) and then they respect Heungkuk's decision. :aww: Do you know why KVA is related to HK? Money? If they can give her an ITC, why they don't do that?

• I know there are few clubs in South Korea. Maybe KVA is afraid of it. I'm only trying hard to imagine how she can play for the NT with all this issues unsolved. It's insane. It's her life and career. Possibly, her career is her life. This situation is unbearable.
    Last question: last season she already had this issues with HK and played for Fener. Why couldn't she do the same now?

• I know there are few clubs in South Korea. Maybe KVA is afraid of it. I'm only trying hard to imagine how she can play for the NT with all this issues unsolved. It's insane. It's her life and career. Possibly, her career is her life. This situation is unbearable.
    Last question: last season she already had this issues with HK and played for Fener. Why couldn't she do the same now?

Yes, it's insane and giving too much stress on player. I can not imagine how she can endure all thing until now. All fans and people in Korea support her. All saying HK has to let her free. But they are insisting. they don't interested about their image as an insurance company.

Last year, same problem. but all fans made so much effort to let her free. we appeal so strongly that she could play abroad. Finally we succeeded to persuade several members of the national assembly, and they brought this inspection of the government offices. Then KVA finally agree to issue her an ITC for one season, without solving problem. Since it was a temporary solution, it comes again.

• Yes, it's insane and giving too much stress on player. I can not imagine how she can endure all thing until now. All fans and people in Korea support her. All saying HK has to let her free. But they are insisting. they don't interested about their image as an insurance company.

Last year, same problem. but all fans made so much effort to let her free. we appeal so strongly that she could play abroad. Finally we succeeded to persuade several members of the national assembly, and they brought this inspection of the government offices. Then KVA finally agree to issue her an ITC for one season, without solving problem. Since it was a temporary solution, it comes again.

I have to go now...
    Thanks a lot for all informations you posted here! I wish you and south korean supporters all success trying to persuade authorities to give her an ITC one more time.
    Korean players are just amazing, though HK. When you have some new information about them, please, keep us posted. I'll appreciate that! See ya! :drink:

• Kim should have gone to Cas from the beginning she pretty much wasted her time trying to convince this bloodsuckers. With quality lawyer i am 100 percent sure she will get rid of Hk in no time. Her case isn't big and pretty much is clear misuse of employer and employee relationship, Cas always sides with players in this kinda situations so no worry i say

• One of the biggest difficulties that Federations and Organizations with Asian sports federations is that they forget to realize that there are other leagues around the world and that those leagues are probably stronger than yours.

So in order to create a "strong" domestic league, that means our players never leave the country to improve their skills. The Chinese women's team, Korean and Japanese teams are essentially domestic (bar some individual players).

Then you go to the opposite realm of the spectrum with the US, where there is no domestic league and players must go abroad. This means that if they cannot play in there, they are essentially done with their career unless they switch to the beach.

Sadly for YKK, KOVO/KVA (it is the same group and let's not kid ourselves) believe that they are kings of volleyball in the country, and that you must respect their wishes or be banished. Heaven forbid we have a player who is our best player ever and wants to be challenged.

I have said earlier that HK will not let her leave and now they won't fill out the paperwork for her to leave. YKK should just announce a press conference saying that I will retire and promote the sport in this country because I love it. She'll have the moral high ground because of her performance in the Olympics and in Turkey.

Many players love to play for their country, but when the organization that is supporting the players does not want to keep those players happy, you will continue to stagnate.

• I have said earlier that HK will not let her leave and now they won't fill out the paperwork for her to leave. YKK should just announce a press conference saying that I will retire and promote the sport in this country because I love it. She'll have the moral high ground because of her performance in the Olympics and in Turkey.

Many players love to play for their country, but when the organization that is supporting the players does not want to keep those players happy, you will continue to stagnate.

I know that she mentioned that she wouldn't play for another NT, but if HK doesn't release her she should sit out the two years or whatever the FIVB rule is and change nationality to at least be able to play professionally. She is the best outside hitter in the world and in her physical prime. There is no way she can retire from professional volleyball at this point. She literally stands to lose millions!