KIM Yeon-Koung

• Who are 3 other girls in beach photo with Han Yoo-Mi?

Don't be crazy. She can't retire. It would be an incredible waste for all.

I don't know, sorry.
    they are beach volleyball NT.
    According to the article, with Ji-hee Kim, Sora Lee, and Ga-yeon Kim, she will participate 2013 Beach Volleyball KOREA Tour Haeundae, from 16-18 July.

• It was very sad and tragic conference. Waiting for complete translation, here is very brief summary about what she said. But I strongly recommend you to read whole text when it is ready. (thanks! Jiyoung!! twitter@gentle0402)

-------------------

Dear all,
    I sincerely appreciate to all my fans that you support me always, and deeply apologize that I made you worry about me so far.
    I never broke the rule nor asked privilege for my case. Heungkuk (HK) claims that I ruin the principle of V-league using my popularity.
    But they can not explain concretely what rule that I broke. It is not violation of the rule that I did not renewal the contract with HK.
    There is not any problem in case of the international transfer.

HK said that I should accept the result as we do in sports. Agreed. But fair play and the process as well as the result are also important. I did fair play. There was no problem on the process in my part. However the referee did wrong decision. In sports, we protest in case of bad call.
    When I signed on the agreement on 7th Sept. 2012, my only mistake was to believe them that they will not provide it to FIVB because it can affect on the final decision.
    I have been betrayed and it was so painful.

I request followings to HK, KOVO and KVA.
    1. As HK insisted in the last year on July, request to FIVB after having canceled the agreement
    2. KOVO, please answer to the official request and claim that I sent on 10th July 2013.
    3. KVA, please answer to the official request that I sent on 5th July 2013.
    4. KVA, ask to FIVB, about the article 8 of the document
    5. Since the arbitration by KVA was unfair, until the decision is made by CAS or domestic law, issue an ITC.

I demand answers about the above 5 questions until 25th July.

I will not play anymore as a player of KOVO, if KOVO dese not give me the answer until 25th.

I will be retired from NT, if KVA does not give me the answer until 25th.

Lastly, I promise to all of you.

I , Kim Yeon-koung, will establish a spots foundation for youth, before finishing my career to contribute the progress of Volleyball.
    And will do all my efforts to share my experience and ability with others.

Thank you very much.

• It is sad, b ut I think she has nothing else to do...If I was her Id do the same, If I can play anywhere, well I wont play for you too.

I really hope FIVB gets in the way some point, they can't keep pretending nothing is going on.

• she said if the problem doesnt get solved, she can give a break to NT

It was very sad and tragic conference.

I don't know about you guys, but I guess she's just playing the game. Some like 'do you want to play? Let's do it!'
    I can't still believe she's going to retire. It'll be a tragedy to south korean volleyball. In my imagination, she's trying to make KVA, press and the minister of sports take an attitude. Well, let's see!

brahmin, can you predict the future? What will happen now?

• 1.I cannot understand what point 1 means. Are you sure translation is correct. Can you explain better?
    2.What's in the official request of 10 july?
    3.What's in the official request of 5 july?
    4.What's article 8 about?

• brahmin, can you predict the future? What will happen now?

And now, I will make this mess disappear! :super:

This was probably the only way that YKK could go. If the National Federation is that desperate to support a team instead of a player, she had no other choice. She could only play the popularity battle and she has played that hand very well.

YKK used her agents (which may have pissed off KVA, KOVO and HKL) to get her to play in Japan and then Turkey. Both times her team was paid for the "loan." However, if you compare to soccer, loan deals allow the team to purchase the rights of the player if they like what they see. HKL probably would have received a great amount of money for a full transfer, but felt that it was not worth it. They could have done a legal side deal, YKK agrees to be put into advertisements for 4 years in order to pay for her transfer freedom, etc. Even then, they still chose not to.

HKL for whatever reason felt that she had betrayed them? They won 3 titles with her on the team. She wanted additional challenges to improve her play overall, so she would have to go to a stronger and tougher league. First it was Japan and then to Turkey. Did the South Korean women go to London? Yes, who led the team, YKK.

As for the answers to the questions that she brought up. Her agents made sure that this was planned out in legal terms and documents that could be tracked for progress. She has given time for all involved to respond.

If YKK is not given a response, it is the fault of those in charge KVA, KOVO and HKL. She is taking a massive gamble, but I think that it will get straightened out before the deadline. I hope that this leads to some uniformity from the FIVB as to player contract lengths and documents maintained.

• Based on this, she's trying to play the game. Such things about retirement is a bluff that could work or have serious consequences... :S

• YKagassi, if she decides go everywhere, what could happen? I mean, could Kim change federation without playing for their NT? Do you think she's capable to do it?

No, she can not, unless she is naturalized to other country. Korea does not allow double nationality. So she should give up her nationality to be a member of other national federation. She mentioned only retirement from NT, but practically it is not possible to play in club abroad neither, because she can not play there without an ITC from KVA. I do not think that she is doing a game with them. You may understand if you read full text above. More seriously, she did it because she has no other choice.
    thanks!

• No, she can not, unless she is naturalized to other country. Korea does not allow double nationality. So she should give up her nationality to be a member of other national federation. She mentioned only retirement from NT, but practically it is not possible to play in club abroad neither, because she can not play there without an ITC from KVA. I do not think that she is doing a game with them. You may understand if you read full text above. More seriously, she did it because she has no other choice.
    thanks!

Thanks, YKagassi! I understood now. I didn't know korean players should lost their citizenship to do that. My country has different rules.
    I'm very worried about this situation. I do feel for her, honestly. I only guess she's going to extremes by fixing a date. There's no need to do that. She's just in HK hands after this decision. If they decide on ignoring her till 25 July, what can she do? She's putting her future in their hands, the people that betrayed her.

• Thanks, YKagassi! I understood now. I didn't know korean players should lost their citizenship to do that. My country has different rules.
    I'm very worried about this situation. I do feel for her, honestly. I only guess she's going to extremes by fixing a date. There's no need to do that. She's just in HK hands after this decision. If they decide on ignoring her till 25 July, what can she do? She's putting her future in their hands, the people that betrayed her.

I guess she fixed a date, cause she cant take this situation any longer...If she does not do that, they will keep posponing it, as has been for the last two years almost, :S I mean, she is in desperate situation now, she just can't play anywhere the way things are right now. She loves volleyball and her own country won't let her play and do that as a job...must be a very frustrating situation. :(

• I guess she fixed a date, cause she cant take this situation any longer...If she does not do that, they will keep posponing it, as has been for the last two years almost, :S I mean, she is in desperate situation now, she just can't play anywhere the way things are right now. She loves volleyball and her own country won't let her play and do that as a job...must be a very frustrating situation. :(

Ok, jo. In all honesty, I don't know what to think right now. I'm confused about this situation. I only wish a happy ending...

• for who may be interested....

streaming service at http://www.frombar.com/

July 2013
    Always at 16:00 (GMT+9) local time , No daylight saving time in 2013

20th GS : Hillstate
    21st IBK : Zenith
    22nd Hillstate : HeungKuk
    23rd Zenith : KGC
    24th Heungkuk : GS
    25th KGC : IBK

then tournament ... will be updated for next schedule ;)

Men's Volleyball games starts at 14:00 local time