KIM Yeon-Koung

• Well, I know which country is not going to be in the World Grand Prix or Olympics in the future. Great job KVA! Piss off your best player :aww:

Haha. yes. I also know which NT will be.
    HK manipulate whole media, and they are saying that there is very minor probability that Kim will win. Because.... she has signed on the agreement. They do all efforts to defeat Kim.
    mamma mia

• I think this 2 years suspension is true. I remember one Cuban player (I think Carillo, but not sure) gained a lot of weight because she couldn't play for 2 years, so the first step to return on court was to lose that weight again.
    And unfortunately, players do "belong" to their federations in some way. I remember that in several countries, federations/NT coaches wanted to force players to play for NT and threatened that they'd ban them from playing in clubs too if they refuse to play in NT. When players want to play in another country, they need a "release" from their home federation, but usually this is not a problem. Unfortunately in some countries it is :thumbdown:

That's Calderon. She was over 100 kgs when she gave 2 years break :white:

• Penalty is for Nt not for club according to Fivb. Btw only escape for Kim is to take this case to Cas there is no other option and i don't see Kim playing for Korean Nt as long as there are organizations like Kovo etc in Korea.

• Well, I know which country is not going to be in the World Grand Prix or Olympics in the future. Great job KVA! Piss off your best player :aww:

And, aside Japan, South Korea is the major olympic female team participant. :aww:

I don't think she's going to play for another country. At least she talked only about retirement. Maybe she'll change her mind, but, if I'm not wrong, she promised to retire if KOVO didn't answer her untill 26. It's a hard decision. She always plays with south korea banner over her. I know she's angry but she'll lose her citzenship if she does that. To play for another country sounds like a vengeance, not a dream. I don't know if she would be happy doing this. Her family is korean, her people are korean.

• I can understand why KOVO fears. There's only 6 teams in the league. If players go abroad, who stays? But they should understand that this narrow policy only block the arrival of new teams. How can you build a new team if all players belong to the other? Should you start with amateurs? Who will want to waste money with unprofessional players? It's chase tails, a vicious circle. They are hostage by their own rules. Trying to protect clubs in such way won't allow you to have new clubs and increase the league.

• And, aside Japan, South Korea is the major olympic female team participant. :aww:

I don't think she's going to play for another country. At least she talked only about retirement. Maybe she'll change her mind, but, if I'm not wrong, she promised to retire if KOVO didn't answer her untill 26. It's a hard decision. She always plays with south korea banner over her. I know she's angry but she'll lose her citzenship if she does that. To play for another country sounds like a vengeance, not a dream. I don't know if she would be happy doing this. Her family is korean, her people are korean.

It sounds really sad, but i totally agree with you... :(

• i doubt that Fb will leave Kim just like that cause without her presence new roster will be disfunctional and waste of money. so that 1 million buyout can (and will) be paid i believe . Real problem here is apologize thing lol all this reminds me Django movie for some reason :lol:

• this is so absurd...It is completely slavery. Its absurd that any federation has this kind of behavior...and FIVB :thumbdown: They should also be carefull to protect the interest of the athletes..and not to fall for the confederations demands all the time.

She must go to CAS!

• Kim Yeon Koung would be back to National Team

According to her agent InspoKorea, they received the official document from Korean Volleyball Association (KVA) on 23rd of July.
    On the document, KVA said KVA is working on answers of the questions Kim demanded and will send it until 30th of July. Although KVA said KVA would give answers, it seems KVA won’t give the right answers that Kim is expecting because KVA already announced KVA won’t issue ITC.
    Kim and her agent also asked KVA to send the official document about Kim’s playing in NT to her team, Fenerbahce.
    Fenerbahce said Fenerbahce will allow Kim to play in NT if KVA sends the official paper.

But it would be tricky decision for KVA to send to send the official paper to Fenerbahce because if KVA sent the official paper about Kim’s playing in NT to Fenerbahce, it would mean KVA virtually admitted Kim belongs to Fenerbahce.

Here is the full text of KimYeonKoung’s announcement.

I deeply appreciate all your support and love. Without your love and interest, I wouldn’t have succeeded and grown substantially. I will bear it in my mind and reward you with best playing in court. Some people say I used “Retirement from NT” for personal benefit. But I hope you understand what I wanted with my whole heart was the minimum communication, attention and the recovery of right.
    I believe KVA will clearly answer the questions that I asked based on the rule. I will definitely answer the call to play in NT if KVA keeps the promised to answer with certain grounds based on the rules until the appointed date.
    I demand KVA take active and responsible role to solve this completely.

Well....I think KVA won't give her good answers ;/

• KVA maybe finally came to their senses. Oh yeah, she is a really good player. She'll be in a really good league. HKL, here's some money under the table (from KVA not Fenerbache, they would be doing all their work legally with what has happened) and YKK is in Turkey :drink:

• Ace and the gang at Volleywood have an update on the YKK saga.
    http://www.volleywood.net/leag…im-yeon-koung-scandal-ii/

This is just getting stupider and stupider by HKL. :read:

Teams selling players cannot set the player's salaries for the transfer, it is the acquiring team that sets the player's salary. The selling team can negotiate the transfer fee, but not much else.
    I am so glad that she is completely documenting the process to show the FIVB what is wrong with this picture.

• These news really fed up me :mad: I am pretty sure in the end Fenerbahce will pay a huge amount and Kim will play in Turkey like last year :whistle:

• I think that she can not do anything else at this phase. it's Fener turn to do something. she has two years contract with Fener and one year left. Fener asked FIVB, if their 2 year contract is still valid. I don't know if FIVB answered to Fener already. If she accepts what HK propose than Fener can claim Kim for double contract. Let's see, what FIVB answers to Fener.

Otherwise....

Be fully informed if you come to korea by chance and rent a car! haha. for exemple, EYOUDirect is a product of Heungkuk Life insurance. Quite some products they have for car insurance.

• Besides...

What KVA is doing these days makes me laugh a lot. :rolll:
    really... it's funny, now. I lost all my energy to be angry with them.

Yeo Oh-Hyeon, 35 years old, a korean volleyball men player, declared retirement from NT last year. He is really an excellent libero, and played more than 12 years in NT without backup. HOWEVER KVA included him on the 2013 NT roster for qualification of World Volleyball. KVA has been blamed for disappointing results of men's Volleyball since last year, especially when they dropped from Olympic.

KVA : Although he is retired from NT, there is no regulation that KVA can not include retired player to the roster. So he must accept our calling, otherwise we will ban him to play on the court in domestic competition as well as in abroad.

:lol:

Today, KVA sent official documents to all 13 pro-league teams that they will get the ITC fee $30 000 for each foreign player. The fee in title of VERIFYING that they received an ITC from the NF of each foreign player.

KVA bought their current building in 2009 with huge amount of loan, and they are paying $50 000 of interests for each month to the bank. (just interest, not primary) Of course they have trouble to menage the national federation. You know what? They don't have money to provide enough kinetic tapes to NT players. what a shame.

Of course all pro teams protest. Pro-league federation, KOVO, said that they gave more than $5M to KVA since 2005, and they support more than $200 000 every year. In addition, for each NT competition, they supported a lot. Fee for verifying an ITC? (not issuing!) Have you heard about that???

HOUSE POOR KVA :rolll:

Please stop these insane federation.

• According to the article uploaded today in Korean major sports journal, here

FIVB seems to reverse their decision about the ITC issue of Kim.
    Turkish federation and Fenerbahce asked to FIVB that their 4 year contract with Kim has to be respected, and FIVB decided to hold a legal committee to reconsider this issue in Swiss Lausanne. Heungkuk and KVA are strongly claiming to the decision of FIVB, but it seems that Kim could get an ITC.

BRAVO!

• Translated by Kim Jiyoung (twitter@gentle0402), thank you so much !!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------------

Original date : 03-Sep-2013 07:00AM
    Sports Dong-A
    JongKeon Kim (marco@donga.com) Twitter @kimjongkeon

Suddenly FIVB pressed KVA to issue ITC for KimYeonKoung – FIVB’s duplicity
    KVA, KOVO, Heungkuk disagree-struggling to find proper action.

KimYeonKoung’s problem about transferring has got twisted by FIVB’s duplicity.

FIVB confirmed that “Heungkuk is KimYeonKoung’s ‘Club of Origin’ 10th of Oct last year. Clubs interested in Kim must discuss Kim’s transfer for 2012-2013 and 2013-2014 seasons with HK, KVA(Korea Volleyball Association) and KOVO(Korea Volleyball Federation). FIVB doesn’t need to intervene in this problem anymore.” through KVA this April. That was the final determination to complete this problem. But recently FIVB planned to hold the legal committee and mentioned about issuing Kim’s ITC for upcoming season. Eventually it makes KVA and KOVO quite upset.

KVA and KOVO asked some questions on official document to FIVB
    ▲Why FIVB will review the final determination about Kim.
    ▲Whole process of the legal committee
    ▲This FIVB’s movement could cause serious chaos in Korea Volleyball.
    KVA who wondered the legal committee of FIVB even help an emergency meeting to figure out actions to take on 31st of Aug.

It seems FIVB’s step is the result of Fenerbahce and Turkish Volleyball Feneration’s lobbying. Fenerbahce sent the president of TVF a letter of request mentioning Kim signed 4 year-contract with Fenerbahce and this contract must be protected. Finally TVF delivered this letter to FIVB. Related to this letter, FIVB also asked HK to answer on paper about it. HK claimed Fenerbahce’s claim about 4 year-contract is false and even requested FIVB to punish Fenerbahce for disobeying the determination of FIVB. The decision related to this issue will be come up soon at the meeting held in Lausanne, Swiss.

Because of opening the committee, FIVB is suspected of intention. FIVB does let the lawyer of Fenerbahce who received the power of attorney join the committee but didn’t inform HK of exact schedule of the committee. According to the document FIVB sent to KVA, FIVB mentioned the possibility of issuing ITC for KimYeonKoung without permission from HK and it looks FIVB already had made the final decision first and pretended to act.