• Cubans NT 2013 for China Tournaments.

Setters: Ana Yilian Cleger (1.83 - 23 years) - Lilianny Marsillan (1.81 - 21 years) - Jennifer Alvarez (1.84 - 19 years).

Spikers: Yohana Palacio (1.84 - 22 years) - Sulian Matienzo (1.78 - 18 years) - Melissa Vargas (1.86 - 13 years) - Dairilis Cruz (1.83 - 22 years).

Middle Blockers:
    Rosanna Giel (1.87 - 20 years) - Daymara Lescay ( 1.84 - 20 years) - Alena Rojas (1.86 - 20 years) - Heydi Rodriguez (1.84 - 19 years).

Líbero: Emilly Borrell (1.67 - 21 years)

http://www.jit.cu/home/news.asp?idNews=31947

• So after Silie, Castńeda & Salas escape we'll see new faces: Marcillian, Cruz, Rodriguez and Vargas. I'm surprised especially by this 13 yo girl, but it's obvious that she'll be on bench. Similar to male NT if policy was better, many players would have been in NT. How can look roster without escapes? Compare who will play with this team of leaving players:

S: Ramirez, Herrera, Silie
    OP: Santos, Mesa
    MB: Carillo, Sanchez, Castańeda
    OH: Calderon (non-receiving), Carcaces, Salas, Ruiz
    L: Ortiz, Arredondo
    Of course Cuban players are so universal, so Ramirez, Ortiz and Herrera can be also OH, Carillo OPP, Mesa played on every position.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Edited 2 times, last by kondzio ().

• Mesa played on almost every position (except setter).

Mesa was a setter too. She was playing in OG 2004 and later too on this position. When Santos join the team she was mainly substitute. Then she was libero in 2008 OG as far I am remember correctly ;)

What happend with Rachel Sanchez? And Arredondo? I know that she was in Spain for short time and now there is no news.

• Mesa was a setter too. She was playing in OG 2004 and later too on this position. When Santos join the team she was mainly substitute. Then she was libero in 2008 OG as far I am remember correctly ;)

What happend with Rachel Sanchez? And Arredondo? I know that her was in Spain for short time and now there is no news.

you remember very well, Mesa was setter except of the last season in NT :) she played fantastic match against Poland in WGP 2006

still nobody any info about Santos? :S

• they were "sold" both to China but after that nobody probably knows what happened...probably Palacios is still young and perspective for them, Santos is 27 but for Cuba is somehow old

• who is this melissa vargas? ?(

• Rosanna Giel named a new capitain for cuba team.

• Cleger and Marsillán are out of the island :white: :white:

Next escape :down: so who will become new setter? Beatriz Vilchez was on Yelstin Cup so she's first candidate ^^

• really? :lol: Im not going to be surprised anymore in this thread..

• really? :lol: Im not going to be surprised anymore in this thread..

I wonder why Palacio didn't go with them :lol:

• I'm with the players. I guess this is the only way they can try to change something about the Cuban Federation ways to work.

When they will be playing World Grand Prix with a whole team of 15 years old girls, then they will do something.

• I'm with the players. I guess this is the only way they can try to change something about the Cuban Federation ways to work.

When they will be playing World Grand Prix with a whole team of 15 years old girls, then they will do something.

After leaving they have only 6 players over 20: Palacio, Orta, Giel, Borrell, Cruz and Lescay (new captain). Rodriguez is 20, Alvarez will be 20 this year. Rest 10 players in wide roster are younger, 7 of them U-18.

• I'm happy Cleger did that. I wanna see her play in europe.. hope that she will as well as my cuban fave Santos.. and Silva!!

Santos and Silva probably have a suspension, they aren't with NT so probably they escaped ^^

• Santos is on facebook, having some profile from beach, so hopefully she is fine :)