Turkey NT 2013

• I know kondzio changed Turkey 2012 topic to 2013 but there are lots of old infos and many pages in that topic so better i tought i should open a new one.

Turkish girls start the season in 20 May but roster hasn't announced yet but i guess there will not be many changes in main group.I heared that main roster will be between London 2012 team plus Seda Tokatlioglu,Guldeniz Onal and Ergul Avci.Yeliz Basa also should join to NT she really deserves a chance.

Turkey NT will play those tournaments this year

2013 Mediterranean Games
    European League
    World Grand Prix
    U-23 World Championship
    European Championship

Apart from ECH and WGP our senior team will also play Mediterranean Games coz our goverment wants gold medal from them.European league roster will be between youngsters from Junior NT and 90-93 generations same formU-23 WCH.Eda Erdem had a serious injury so i doubt she will start to play in the beggining of summer but hope she can be ready untill ECH.Probably Ergul will Avci replace her and also i think Asli Kalac should be invited to team.I also expect from Barbolini to invite Sinem Barut from GS.Gizem will be probably the main libero of team.Esra said that she wants to retire from NT after ECH same for Gulden.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

Edited once, last by StarNight ().

• Thanks, Tayfun :drink: :drink:

I expect a lot from new Turkish generation....Kübra Akman, Ceren Kestirengoz, Ezgi Arslan, Gamze Alikaya.... :super:

• I know kondzio changed Turkey 2012 topic to 2013 but there are lots of old infos and many pages in that topic so better i tought i should open a new one.

No problem, name of previous topic changed back ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Turkey's 24-players roster for European League:

Setters
    KARAKOYUN Asuman-1990
    ALIKAYA Gamze-1993
    AYDINLAR Nursevil-1995

Opposites:
    USLUPEHLIVAN Polen-1990
    BILGE Dilara-1990

Outside Hitters:
    ÖNAL Güldeniz-1986
    GÜLER Birgül-1990
    YILDIRIM Fatma-1990
    YILMAZ Gözde-1991
    ARSLAN Ezgi-1992
    UYGUR Hazal Selin-1992
    CETIN Cansu-1993
    CAKIROGLU Damla-1994
    ERCAN Seyma-1994

Middle Blockers:
    AVCI Ergül-1987
    CANSU Büsra-1990
    BÜYÜKBAYRAM Nesve-1990
    BABAT Dicle Nur-1992
    YURTDAGÜLEN Özgenur-1993
    A

• Turkey's 24-players roster for European League:

Setters
    KARAKOYUN Asuman-1990
    ALIKAYA Gamze-1993
    AYDINLAR Nursevil-1995

Opposites:
    USLUPEHLIVAN Polen-1990
    BILGE Dilara-1990

Outside Hitters:
    ÖNAL Güldeniz-1986
    GÜLER Birgül-1990
    YILDIRIM Fatma-1990
    YILMAZ Gözde-1991
    ARSLAN Ezgi-1992
    UYGUR Hazal Selin-1992
    CETIN Cansu-1993
    CAKIROGLU Damla-1994
    ERCAN Seyma-1994

Middle Blockers:
    AVCI Ergül-1987
    CANSU Büsra-1990
    BÜYÜKBAYRAM Nesve-1990
    BABAT Dicle Nur-1992
    YURTDAGÜLEN Özgenur-1993
    AKMAN Kübra-1994
    ARISAN Ceylan-1994

Liberos:
    ERSARI Serpil-1990
    KAYACAN Buse-1992
    BAĞCI Dilara-1994

Except Ergül Avcı and Güldeniz Önal, all players are from U23 roster which will compete in Mexico at October 2-13. The roster consists of players from three generations which have reached many successes in youth&junior level:

1990-1991: Silver medal at Youth World Championship, 6th place at Youth European Championship, Bronze medal at Junior European Championship, 7th place at Junior World Championship
    1992-1993: 4th place at Youth World Championship, 5th at Youth European Championship, 5th place at Junior European Championship
    1994-1995: Gold medal at Youth World Championship, Gold medal at both Youth and Junior European Championship

Among these generations, there are some missing ones;

Setters: Naz Aydemir is already in senior NT, she will play in Meditterean Games, Grand Prix and European Championship. Cansu Aydınoğulları was main setter of 1992-92 generation, in my opinion she is way more talented than Gamze Alikaya. I am very surprised with her absence. Another surprise is Çağla Akın, who is starting setter of 1994-95 generation but instead of her, second setter Nursevil Aydınlar is in the roster. :what:
    Opposites: Ceren Kestirengöz (1993), who is more powerful than even Polen is out for 6 months because of a severe injury in her leg. Ceyda Aktaş and Ece Hocaoğlu are also not chosen for wide roster.
    MBs: I think Melis Gürkaynak and Aslı Kalaç deserved to be in this roster more than Neşve who spent almost entire season at bench of Yeşilyurt while Aslı was starting player at same club and Melis played in Vakıfbank for several matches.
    OHs: To me biggest surprise of this roster is the absence of Ezgi Dağdelenler (1993) who played in Ilbank during entire season as starting OH and she was one of the leading player of her team. Her balance receiving and attacking skills make her biggest prospect of her generation. I hope she will be called to play in Medittarean Games or Grand Prix :S
    Liberos: Another surprise is the absense of Gizem Örge (1993), she played as starter for 4 years in Nilüfer Belediyesi and she showed quite good performance, better than Serpil and Eczacıbaşı's bench player Buse :down:

All in all, although I am not happy with absence of some players, this is a good mix of youngsters. Maybe not the powerful roster in the tournament, however can reach to final with the following players:

Asuman Karakoyun-Polen Uslupehlivan
    Güldeniz Önal-Ezgi Aslan
    Ergül Avcı-Büşra Cansu
    Dilara Bağcı

• Senior NT started to trainings yesterday to prepare for meditterean games

Roster :

S : Naz Aydemir,Ozge Cemberci
    O : Neslihan Demir,Polen Uslupehlivan,Seda Tokatlioglu
    OH : Gozde Sonsirma,Neriman Ozsoy,Esra Gumus Kirici,Guldeniz Onal
    MB : Bahar Toksoy,Busra Cansu,Ergul Avci
    L : Gizem Karadayi,Gulden Kuzubasioglu

• Wow, some of them have new names :lol:

How is Eda? Is she still recovering? I think Turkey will lack middle attacks without her. Neither Bahar or Busra is a good slide attacker. Surprised to see Seda there on the roster. I'd prefer to have Polen and Neslihan, and maybe put Seda as OH line.

• the main roster is good,just the middles look less good than other positions.A healthy Eda is a very crucial player for the NT.Hopefully she will open a new page in EcH with her performance.its aslo important Ergül should reach her top form.

• Wow, some of them have new names :lol:

How is Eda? Is she still recovering? I think Turkey will lack middle attacks without her. Neither Bahar or Busra is a good slide attacker. Surprised to see Seda there on the roster. I'd prefer to have Polen and Neslihan, and maybe put Seda as OH line.

Ergül is the only good slide attacker thus I expect her to be starter besides Bahar. Seda without injury is always better than Polen who has comparatively slow arm for an Opp and also we watched the same scene many times, Seda cannot play as OH :aww: Even Neriman is a big problem for team to cover her lack of reception skills. Indeed, if we had a healthy Eda, I would prefer to have stable reception with Gözde&Esra and attack by sacrificing Neriman's attack power :whistle:

• Well, Polen did a great job last year in NT though. I agree about Seda, she would be a monster spiker without injury. Speaking of OPP position, Neslihan's form has dropped compared to the last 3 years and I don't think we will see her play superb anymore. Although I'm still hoping to see it badly.

• Ergul doesn't has good slide attacks and i have never witnessed a trainer that used Ergul as MB1 before even both Bahar and Busra did it.

• Ergül is not a slide attacker :wacko: It seems Turkey has no slide attacker beside Eda :white: Kübra and Ceylan can be good in the future though

• No one forces Neslihan to participate, but if all other players can appear to camp on time then she should also arrive on time. :thumbdown:

Where is Eda ?(

• Where is Eda ?(

She is treated in Kırım

• The second OPP has to be Polen, Seda can no longer maintain the level after so many injuries.

• No one forces Neslihan to participate, but if all other players can appear to camp on time then she should also arrive on time. :thumbdown:

She has her own business... It's hard to be in two places at the same time. Here she's representing Turkey's candidature to the Olympic Games at Saint Petersburg during Sport Accord (May 26-31).

Source: http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/noticias.asp?IdNot=18163