Unilever 2013/2014

• Brazilian media always spread a lot of things about brazilian volleyball clubs: photos, videos, stories, etc. Unilever isn't different.
    I created this thread as a place to share informations and all other things related directly with Unilever team. Please, use it with no moderation! :win:

I start with Gabi playing tennis during her childhoold.

Source: Unilever's facebook.

• Who is gonna replace Natalia any news ? There was Jaque rumour can it happen or is it bs ?

It's possible because of Murilo in RJX, but now it's nothing certain.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• jaque's contract with sollys will end tomorrow...
    and probably we'll have any decision next week

• fofao's - one of the greatest setters who ever graced the volleyball court yet she's really humble and down to earth.... . :heart:

• fofao's - one of the greatest setters who ever graced the volleyball court yet she's really humble and down to earth.... . :heart:

Agree. Everybody (players, media and coaches) always have good words to talk about her technically and like a person. She's a hero for a lot of people in the world of volleyball. :thumbup:

• A summary of Unilever's transfers untill now. Fans wait another OH.

S: Fofão and Roberta
    Op: Sarah Pavan and Bruna
    OH: Brankica Mihajlovic, Gabi, Régis and Amanda
    MB: Juciely, Valeskinha, Carol and Natasha
    L: Fabi and Juju Perdigão

Source: Unilerver's facebook

• Unilever started the new season today.

10 of the 14 players that signed for 13/14 started physical trainings in EEFEX, where the team trains all season.

Assistant coaches Hélio Griner and Ricardo Tabach are ahead the work, as Bernardinho is with Men's NT.

The players present in the training were setters Fofão and Raboerta, opp Bruna, MB Carol, Natasha and Valeskinha (still recovering rfom the knee surgery), OH Régis and Amanda and liberos Fabi and Juju Perdigão.

Gabi with Junior Nt and Juciely with adult Nt plus the foreigners Mihajlovic and Pavan were absent. The presentation of Brankica and Sarah is arranged to happen in September.

Fabi: "It is a season of big tournaments, big challenges. We are coming back after a winning cycle, that was closed with the victory at the South American Club Championship, in Peru, for the first time, another important trophy in Unilever gallery. I have the best expectations for this new season. It is a pleasure to receive the new teammates and wish them to feel home here with us."

Natasha: "For what I could follow in the last Superliga Final, one of the main strengths of Unilever is the union of the team. That made the difference in that game, and I hope I can contribute. I always had the wish to integrate a victorious team like Unilever."

source: http://globoesporte.globo.com/…neiro-retoma-treinos.html

• Rome Grand Slam

Our scorer machine had a brilliant participation today during the qualification to main draw. Sarah Pavan and Heather Bansley started with a victory against the canadian pair Whitaker/MacTavish (19:21, 21:16, 15:13). After this, they obtained a surprising victory against Van der Vlist/Wesselink [NED] in straight sets (21:17, 21:11). Van der Vlist and Wesselink finished 4th place at the Hague Grand Slam defeating teams like Cicolari/Menegatti [ITA].

Next challenge won't be easy. Pavan/Bansley will play Meppelink/van Gestel [NED], currently one of the greatest teams in the world.

Some photos: http://www.fivb.org/EN/BeachVo…o=1015&TournCode=WROM2013

• Rome Grand Slam

Unhappiness, Sarah Pavan and Heather Bansley were eliminated after losing their three matches in the main draw. The canadian pair showed a good improvement from other competitions anyway. Pool C was hard and the girls fought till the end. Next step, World Championship! :super:

Results
    Meppelink/van Gestel [NED] 2:0 Pavan/Bansley (21:16, 21:9)
    Kolokova/Slukova [CZE] 2:1 Pavan/Bansley (19:21, 21:14, 18:16)
    Fendrick/Hochevar [USA] 2:1 Pavan/Bansley (18:21, 21:13, 15:9)

• Régis, Carol, Amanda, Roberta, Natasha and Bruna is going to play Universiade to be held from July 6 to 17. Unilever's assistant coach, Hélio Griner, will be the coach there. All the best, girls! :win:

Source: Unilever's facebook

• If Gabi keeps playing like is doing right now, Bernardinho must convince Jaque to play for Rio :wacko:

• Gabi put her shoulder to the wheel today and her performance went down a bomb. She scored 21 points and is spreading like a wildfire now. FIVB made a special press release with her entitled 'Gabriela Braga Guimaraes: a new star is ready to shine for Brazil'

Some quotes
    'I already played the last World Grand Prix with the senior national team but it is always a big challenge for me because I want to play well. There I had the opportunity to play with one of my heroes, Sheila Castro. I like how she can change the hit every time depending on the situation, she has such great abilities, and she is a wonderful person.'

'I had Bernardo as coach and learned a lot from him. He has a long experience that he transfers to his players. I’m sure I grew up thanks to him.'

'The next Olympics will be in my home country, and I would be honored to play with my national team. It is a dream and I hope to have the chance to play in the most important competition for a volleyball player.'
    http://www.fivb.org/EN/volleyb….asp?No=40099&Language=en

Photo: cbv.com.br

• The Espys

Every year, Espn does a popular sport election divided in several categories. Volleyball has a representative this year: Fabi. She's competing for the Best play's category. Let's support her! :thumbsup: It won't be easy: her opponent is Zlatan Ibrahimovic (a soccer player :roll: ) and his goal was really good.
    Fabi was selected for her kick save during Brazil X South Korea at the London Olympic Games. I'm rooting for her! :super:

You can vote and watch the video here: http://espn.go.com/espys/2013/

• Sarah Pavan started really well the Beach Volleyball World Championship with an unexpected victory against the russian pair Ukolova/Khomyakova 2:1 (18:21, 21:14, 15:10). Tomorrow they'll play the hardest match of their pool against Schwaiger D/Schwaiger S [AUS]. Taking one set won't be bad. After this victory, they have plenty more chances to qualify for the playoffs. Go Sarah! :super:

• As I said yesterday, winning one set against the Schwaiger sisters could be a good result. The canadian pair had a set and almost won the match. :obey:
    Schwaiger D/Schwaiger S [AUS] 2:1 Pavan/Bansley [CAN] (13:21, 21:15, 15:13)

If canadians won tomorrow, Sarah advances to round of 32. :super: