Unilever 2013/2014

• Before Carioca, Unilever is playing I Copa Brasília from 19 to 21 September.

19/09
    18.00 - Unilever X Rio do Sul
    20.00 - Brasília Vôlei X Maranhão

20/09
    18.00 - Unilever X Maranhão
    20.00 - Brasília Vôlei X Rio do Sul

21/09
    16.00 - Rio do Sul X Maranhão
    18.00 - Brasília Vôlei X Unilever

Still no infos about broadcasting.

• I hope Sportv broadcasts at least the "final" - BSB x Unilever

• Any news about when Mihajlovic will join the team?

• Unilever won their match against Rio do Sul at the Brasília volleyball tournament tonight. It was 3:1.
    Their roster was Amanda as OH, Sarah Pavan as OPP, Natasha and Carol as MBs, Fofão as setter and Juju as libero.
    I don't know who was the other OH but it was probaly Regiane.
    They will play against Maranhão Vôlei tomorrow.

*Brasilia (which has Paula Pequeno, Érika "Kiki" and others) is playing the tie break now against Maranhão Vôlei. It seems that Dani Scott hasn't arrived in Brazil yet.

• Yes, it's her. :thumbup:

Brasília Vôlei 3X2 Maranhão Vôlei (10:21, 18:21, 21:17, 21:19, 19:17)

There is an online transmission by radio and it seemed like Paula was the best on court, and Érika was awful...but I'm not sure
    Someone told me Maranhão's setter the argentine Casteglione was very good.

• There is an online transmission by radio and it seemed like Paula was the best on court, and Érika was awful...but I'm not sure
    Someone told me Maranhão's setter the argentine Casteglione was very good.

I heard the same thing, but I didn't watch it. There's no broadcast again, only by radio. Castiglione is a good transfer for Maranhão. I guess they intend to go for the quater-finals at Superliga.

• I heard the same thing, but I didn't watch it. There's no broadcast again, only by radio. Castiglione is a good transfer for Maranhão. I guess they intend to go for the quater-finals at Superliga.

I think their youth can beat Brasilia in getting a spot at Superliga's quarter finals.

• Unilever is the champion of Brasilia Cup after winning against Brasilia by 3:0.
    In Brasilia, Erika went to the bench for Ju Maranhão and a friend of mine told me Paula's jump is ridiculous.
    In the first match of the day, Maranhão Vôlei won against Rio do Sul.

Final standings:
    1-Unilever
    2-Maranhão Vôlei
    3-Rio do Sul
    4-Brasília

• Go Uni! :super:

I guess this championship was harder than Carioca.

Sportv made a report about Drussyla, the newcomer. The interesting fact here is that till last year she was in the gap between indoor and beach volleyball. She decided on indoor cause of the largest number of players gathered together. She's only 17.

• I was watching some Olympic matches months ago and I perceived that Paula already had an unusual jump style. Nevertheless, that time it's harder to notice it. In my opinion, her jump became the very weird after her knee injury.

There's an amateur recording of Brasília X Rio do Sul. Maybe she isn't totally on shape yet.

• Campeonato Carioca 2013

Results
    Flamengo 0X3 Fluminense
    UFRJ 2X3 Flamengo
    Botafogo 1X3 Flamengo
    Botafogo 2X3 UFRJ
    Fluminense 3X0 Botafogo

Botafogo is out. I guess Fluminense defeats UFRJ in straight sets today. If it happens, Unilever will take UFRJ on tomorrow at 7.00pm and Fluminense plays Flamengo.

• Unilever had the official press presentantion of the team yesterday.

Missing only Mihajlovic that is waitting for the documentation to come to Brazil.

quotes:

Fabi - "We have a strong roster, most of the girls that were champions last season, and we will fight for this first world championship title."

Fabi - "Its a huge proud for us, specially for me as a carioca (who is born in Rio), to play in Rio and this close conection with the people here. We are very strong playing in our home. The best example of that was lat season, when we were not defeated playing at home." (Fabi is playing for Unilever for ten years now.)

Fofão - "I think this year, the clubs built teams to break with Rio-Osasco hegemony, but I think that we will also come strong. We know we will have a hard time, cause everyone wants to beat us. We will fight, cause we always prepare ourselves to reach the final. Bernardo, from the first day to the last, has this in his mind."

Bernardinho (about the fact that everyone wants to beat him) - "Of course, Its a challenge. They want and we don't. It's a healthy fight. In the court, the battle is to do your best. There are players from the other side that play looking for us the hole time. I can't say anything that they keep supervising me. It's something of the match, they know me. Its hard to find a players from the other side that has not played with me once already. We have a nice relationship. When they look at me they say: 'Look what Bernardo is doing'. Always giving me a hard time. But its part of the game right? Its ok" joke the coach.

• Unilever and Fluminense will repeat last final in Carioca. Both teams defeated their opponents in straigh sets yesterday.
    The match is scheduled for Sunday 8.30 pm.
    Sportv will broadcast it.

• The new Tie-break Unilever of the the new season! ;)

there are the behind scenes from last season's final match, some of the players favorite reports from last season, the behind scenes from the presentation and the photo shoot from this season, an interview with Natasha and Carol. ;)