Unilever 2013/2014

• Unilever defeated Fluminense yesterday to join the opponent 10 championships in a row record. Next year we'll be able to break it. The historical match is on Youtube. The uploader confused two sets. What he wrote set 1 is actually set 3 and vice versa.
    It's not a good match technically. That was a walkover. Fluminense isn't more than a junior team now.
    Anyway, it was the first time we could see Brakica wearing the blue t-shirt, but she didn't play.

Set 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_SBsfQvX7A
    Set 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOpxcKgEq_Y
    Set 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MssYmA2uJDk

• And btw Rio played as Rexona/Ades after years as Unilever, as I predicted.

• Unilever girls debut at the Brazilian Superliga today. They are in Araraquara and will play against Uniara and then the team will go to Zurich for the World club's Championship.

• Its impressive how well Branca (not only a short for her name..but also Branca means white in portuguese..and that goes along very well with her skin color..hehe) is doing already with the group..seems she was in the team last season already..and jsut came back to work with everybody.

Its great to see the group of players we have this year..the team is really united and ready to help each other in anything! ^^

• Considering our performances so far, I guess maybe we could already stress some points about our team for this season.

I'm mainly worried about two things: 1) Our roster last season was stronger and more able to stabilize our reception and game system. We lost Logam and could sub Gabi in, for instance. During all championship, Bernardinho changed OHs and succeed on it. Now the first option is Régis and she is our worst receiver. Osasco outclassed us season 2011/2012 with our poor reception. Without reception we don't have middle spikes that always helped us out. Branca didn't played bad at reception yesterday but we played without middles in attack and middles are a bottom line in Brazilian play. Carol scored 12 points, but 7 were blocks.
    We are vulnerable now against good serves and we'll miss Logam and Natália a lot I guess.
    2) We lost Natália also and her capacity of decision. She already decided two Superleagues, one for Osasco and last year for us. Sarah played well but Natália was our main scorer at crucial moments and we lost her. I know Sarah only have club season to work out on this, but we'll need her a lot this year not only as a leading scorer but a decisive one.

Gabi is clearly out of shape. I saw a picture before the world championship where she is using ice on knee while cooking even being so young and I remembered she played XII Panamerican Cup, U20 World Championship, World Grand Prix and South American Championship. She was totally overused. Zé gave a rest to Tandara and Natália and forgot Gabi.

Branca is playing well, considering she is here for two weeks. I think she needs to pick up the transition reception/attack, receiving and dig, but I'm not worried about that because we still have all season and I'm sure she will improve with Bernardinho.

The good addition is Carol. She had an amazing season in Pinheiros and looks even better now. The point is how much we'll be able to use her, Juciely and Valeskinha with our receiving.

• Give time....

I think we have more team potencial than last season with Carol and Mihajlovic.

Its just beginning of season.. Gabi must be really tired..she already played Junior Wch, GRand prix and South American Championship in a row..she would felt at some point...it happened during the Club Wch.

Mihajlovic has so much room to grow..I dont think she has less decision aspect than Natália..she just need to get back in her best shape..she didnt make a match since her injury in European Championship..so is normal she fells...has only been 4 games playing for her!

And lets consider that even with both of them having a off tournament in attack..we handle to play equal with Vakifbank for two sets! So...I have very good hopes for this team...we are much stronger in serve and block! Sarah improved a lot her blocking skills playing at the beach...so I think we can do really well this season...just give time. :)

• Also Unilever players enjoyed the weekend free and the sunny days in Rio (summer is coming here) to enjoy the beach. ^^

Fabi - "Good things in life"

Fofão- "Yesterday was time to enjoy the sunset in Arpoador with my husband. And today the day is beautiful here in Rio again. Enjoy guys."

Gabi - "Enjoying the beautiful day today. Relaxing a little bit at the beach"

Sarah - "Enjoying a sunny day at the beach with my love!!"
    http://instagram.com/p/gN_C_HPahy/