Unilever 2013/2014

• There is also a nice interview with Carol, I know many of you liked her from the Club World Championship...so if any of you want..I can translate the interview for you guys. ;)

• It would be great Joana :flower:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Here it is: Enjoy it! ;)

Radamés: "Carol, let's start with a question from Jean Leiva da Silva - he congrats you for your work, for your growth, and he would like to know which player inspired you to become a volleyball player?"

Carol - "I started following more the men, I used to watch a lot Gustavo, so I always observed a lot the middle blockers. But also the other positions, always also observed a lot Fofão, in her style, in personality, so there are many actually, many players."

Radamés: "Alexandre Nunes asks - For how long you play volleyball, when and where did you started, how old were you,...?"

Carol - "I started with 15 years old, in Mackenzie. From there I went to Pinheiros, when I was 19. When I was 20 I came to Rio, then I went to Pinheiros again with 21, and now I returned to Rio with 22." :)

Radamés: "Leandro Castro says - Carol, when you recieved the proposal to come to Unilever, what was your reaction?"

Carol - "I was really happy. It's a team I like, a city that I love, so I'm really happy to be back here and to conquer the goals we have here again that is to be champion."

Radamés: "Carol, before I start to talk to you a bit more about volleyball, one thing that Unilever, us from Esporte Interativo, and myself also, we always like to repeat that an athlete can also study. So, you are in the University, what are you studing?"

Carol - "Yes. I'm studing administration."

Radamés: " And how you are being able to conciliate the athlete time with the student time?"

Carol - "As my university is online, I can schedule myself, so has been ok. I'm having five classes per semester, so it's ok, I can do my own times, so it doesn't get to much tiring. It's possible, you have to make an efford, but it's possible. Sometimes you get tired you miss some dinners, some go outs, but it's possible, I think it's important."

Radamés: "What we tell everyone is that, it's like you, in like 10 years, you won't be a volleyball player anymore, so yo have to think about your future, and there are many people that think that they are going to be volleyball players for the rest of their lifes and stop to study. So you are an demonstration that it's possible to do everything."

Carol - "Yes, it's possible. I think it's important specilly for this fact. At some point we will stop playing, an athlete's career is a short one, so I want to have an stable life for a while. That is the consern."

Radamés: "And you are going to leave here quickly today to make a test."

Carol - "I will, today I have a test in financial math. I have to leave running from here and go there.(laughing)"

Radamés: "Carol, two years ago you were part here from Unilever and have returned now. What are the changes that you notice in terms of structure, of roster, good things, bad things?"

Carol - "I think the structure is the same. It has always been really strong, the tactical and technical part, also the medical staff. But from the roster, it's definitely a younger group. Though it has Fofão and Val, thrre are younger girls like Gabi, Branca, myself included, Roberta, so has been good this mixed with the youngers."

Radamés: "And the specific trainning from a middle blocker? What do you consider the most important for a middle blocker? "

Carol - "I think you have to focus in our actions, to serve, block and attack. Talking about myself, I really like blocking, so we trained a lot that blocking, attacking and serving, to focus in these actions."

Radamés: "Are you one of those middle blockers that observes where the reception goes, the setter's movement, do you look the way of the setter to know exactly where she will set depending where the ball is on court? Do you study a lot that before the games?"

Carol - "Yes. To play here in our league, we can identify already some gestures from the setters. So we try to see that, if she arrives to the ball with just one foot, if she turns her body. But there is also Bernardo's help, the tatical part itself, like when the reception goes more to position for the sets goes to the oh, our it goes to invert, so there is also all that help from the staff."

• Thank you very much, Joana :flower: :flower: :flower:

Wow, she only started at age of 15....and she studies at university besides being a professional player :thumbup: :thumbup:

• Fofão visits the Olympic Games exposition that is in Rio and reminds her career. She is the only brazilian women to have ever been in 5 editions of the Summer Olympic Games.

*I'll try to translate the interview in the end of the video in the weekend. ;)

• Unilever players and University. As you know many players from Unilever are able and encourage to study as well. So Tie-break Unilever made a report with some of them.

As curiosity..

Sarah is gratuated in Chemistry and Amanda in Administration.

The ones that are still studing: Carol is doing administration, Bruna makes psychology, Juju is studing architecture, Natasha started in Marketing this year, Brankica studies Sports Managment in Beograd and Gabi is thinking about starting in culinary. She previously wanted to study civil engegnary, cause of her father and older brother, but she knows it would demand to much an with volleyball she would not be able to keep up, so, as she also enjoy coking, she is thinking about doing a Culinary course.

• This weekend it was time for Radames to interview Gabi...

Bernardinho is so funny..he is the bestt! ^^

Radamés to Bernardo - "People say that when someone gains fame, power and money changes a lot, has Gabi changed?"

Bernardo - "Ah, she changed..she is rich now, prettier (laughts), you se...but she wants to trains more, she is changing, wantting more practice..its cool. She is full with little pains here and there...but getting better, Thanks God."

R - "Bernardo, everyday I receive about 50 emails from people wantting to marry Gabi. What we need to do?"

Bernardo - "First thing needs to talk to me. To know what are their endowments. (Gabi - "Im screwed").."

R - "What they need to send, picture, resume,..?"

B - "First things is to send the banking account (laughts). First we need to know that he will be able to sustained this little girl. Then we have to see if its good looking, interesting, carefull, needs to treat well the girls, right? Then we can study the case. If everything goes right its good. And has to be from Rio. Needs to stay here, if she goes away breaks my little heart" (laughts)

R - "Gabi, how do you fell in this year that you won everything?"

G - "Very happy. Actually everything happened so fast. Since my beginning in volleyball, amazing things have happened. I didnt expect all this. I talk to the girls, Fabizinha has been helping me a lot, talking to me a lot. You need to have your head in the right place, with everything happening, having to think about the Superliga, then Grand Prix, The club World Championship. But I tried to enjoy everything the best way possible, and thanks God this year was a wonderfull year for me."

R - " And how has been to deal with all this public atention, from the fans, from the press, from everyone?"

G - "Of course it has been happening more frequence..people joke, do you want to marry me, people send gifts, but Im peaceful. I like this a lot, to be talking with the fans in twitter, in facebook, I like this care they give me also. So Im very calm, trying to enjoy the best of it."

R - "Tonight I received 5 calls from Hugo MArtins from Roraima asking me to send you a kiss. So Hugo, just give your request."

G - "Another kiss for you Hugo, Thank you very much."

R - "Lets go ahead with this, cause there is a lot of people asking you things. Lucas Wesky wants to know how was the beginning of your career, how old were you when you decided to be a volleyball player?"

G - "Actually I used to play tennis, play football, I did swimming, I did a lot of sports and never though about doing volleyball. I started playing volleyball in my school at night because my friends used to do it and I start to loose a bit the contact with them. So they asked me, Gabi start doing volleyball after school with us, because we are doing stuff and you are staying behind. So I started to do volleyball with them and I started to like it. My teacher told me - you are fast, you jump high, try to make a test in some club. So I went to Mackenzie, and they accepted me. My teacher there told me I had a good physique to play volleyball and they gave me a chance. They took me to play the Superliga and that is how I started. I got the passion for it after I received the first call for the younger national teams. And today, is definately something I want to do forever."

R - "Abraão Custódio wants to know which player inspire you to play this much, as you didnt see me or Bernardinho playing, she must had look for other good people (smiles)."

G - "I got to see Sheilinha's generation. Ive always followed a lot Sheillinha, even when I didnt play volleyball yet, Ive always been a big fan of her. Ive always followed her in tv, in the games, specially Olympic Games. Ive always liked this hability, she is a very intelligent player and also the person Sheilla is outside the court. She ahs always showed to be a very humble person and she is also a bit shy, that was also a bit of the way I was younger. So Sheilla always inspired me a lot, even this days, I tell her I look up a lot to her."

R - "Neidival BRito asks: I'd like to know what is the felling of being so young and be a high level athlete among so many players that would like to wear the uniforms she wears, Unilever and Brazil?"

G - "It is a dreaming coming true that I have. specially to be close to my idols, coaches and players. Its such a pleasure for me, and to have this opportunity being so young. Like I said, I didnt expect to have this opportunity so early and to be able to take advantage of it so well."

R - "Jean Leiva asks: What is the difference from the Gabi that played the semifinals against Unilever with Mackenzie, and the Gabi from today?"

G - "Im much more mature now. I think mainly the psychological part. The baggage I got with the national team and also here. Its really different, to be playing in a club where the investment is much lower, to be playing against a big team when your responsability is lower as well. So today is a much more matured Gabi, but the same joyfull and happy Gabi, with the feet in the growd and the head in place, but a more experienced Gabi."

R - "Lacerda Rodrigo asks: How do you deal with the responsability to replace great players that took part in the past Olympic cicle like Paula Pequeno, Mari, Sassá?"

G - "I try to think that this is a great opportunity I have. I never try to put in my head that is a big responsability, of course I know that naturally this responsability will happen in any other opportunity I have, but I try to bring this more as an opportunity, and the girls pass me a lot of trust, Fabi passes this a lot to me, Zé roberto, Bernardo specially. They talk a lot to me, beacuse Im a young athlete so I must be joyfull all the time I took this weight away. So this is what I try to do inside court."

R - "Gabi, something that worries all of us, how is your recovery, its 100% cured?"

G - "I'm actually much better now. Sometimes I still fell a bit discomfort, but the pains I used to have that were disturbing me I dont have anymore, thanks God. Now Im seeking to get the game rhythm the faster way possible with the games, with the girls in the practices, so I can come back well."

R - "You and Fabi posted a photo at the cinema the other day, so people asked me to ask you who is the one that eats more popcorn, you or Fabi?"

G - "I never say its me...people say I eat a lot, but I think Fabizinha was the one that ate more. We bough to big popcorns, but Fabizinha also eats a lot." (laughts)

R - "Gabi, take this and send a message to Unilever fans"

G - "Guys, thank you so much for the support,specailly all of you that goes to Tijuca, the ones that send us messages, you support is really important. I get really happy with all the messages you send us and the attention and care you give us. And I count with all of you till the end of Superliga. Big kiss."

• Ooo, this is great! Thanks Jo for translation!! :flower:
    Gabi gave some nice answers (she talks fast, doesn't she? :lol: )

And Berni truly is just the best - the way he pops up behind Gabi and puts his head on her shoulder.. :D

• Ooo, this is great! Thanks Jo for translation!! :flower:
    Gabi gave some nice answers (she talks fast, doesn't she? :lol: )

And Berni truly is just the best - the way he pops up behind Gabi and puts his head on her shoulder.. :D

Not as fast as Bernardo..but yes..she speaks pretty fast as well... :lol:

:thumbup:

• Not as fast as Bernardo..but yes..she speaks pretty fast as well... :lol:

He talks 10 times slower in English, you should try :lol:

• This weekend Sarah was the interviewed by radames! ;)

She answers in english...so I guess you guys can kind of figer out the questions.. but Ill put them here anyway.

- How as for you the experience of playing in Brazil and conquering Superliga?
    - What motivated you to stay in Unilever for another year?
    - Whats are the differences you have noticed between the team from last season that won the championship and the team this season?
    - During the vacation team you've played beach volleyball representing CAnada. you dream is to play the Olympic Games here in Rio for your country?
    - What is the felling of being champion in your first classic against Osasco and what did you think about this rivalry of this match?
    - After a period in beach volleyball, is it hard to adapt again to indoor volleyball?
    - What are the differences between the european leagues and the brazilian league?
    - What is your favorite portugueses word? (That was my question!!! :lol: )

• Fofão wrote a post for Daniel Bortoletto's blog, published a week ago.

To sum up, she's basically talking about how the experience of going to Italy was important to boost her confidence and move on after the overwhelming loss at Athens.

She describes the fans, team's great performance those years and so forth. She also called up a day Irina Kirilova, who she was replacing there, dropped in on Perugia to watch a match and the friendship both have since that.

http://blogs.lancenet.com.br/v…legria-de-jogar/#comments

• A long interview with Bernardinho on Folha de São Paulo.

http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/e…des-diz-bernardinho.shtml

He talks about Unilever, national team, CBV, politics and other stuffs.
    Just dropping a hint on what he's saying about Unilever: 'I'll only leave Unilever when Unilever leaves me.' :thumbsup:

I read that interview..its quite good. And Im with you..I loved that sentence..hehehehe