Croatian NT 2013

• Good news and nice roster!

I hope starting six will be like this:

Grbac - Fabris :super:
    Usic - Jerkov
    Poljak - Milos
    Malevic

Fabris was very scorer as MB too, Popoviç also a good Opp. That's why I would prefer Fabris as MB instead of Milos :whistle:

• Fabris was very scorer as MB too, Popoviç also a good Opp. That's why I would prefer Fabris as MB instead of Milos :whistle:

Milos is a good MB, she will do her job with no problems.
    The real key role for a winner team is the OPP and with Popovic Croatia never achieved something good, while Fabris is on the way to become one of the best opposites worldwide. She has a lot of potential and can bring Croatia very high in the future but also in the present.

• The main question for Croatia is: will the team stay together like this or will their federation once again screw everything up so most of the stars quit before ECH? If the team stays like this they can be really good...

Does anyone know what's up with Hana Cutura? She hasn't been in NT this summer and she hasn't signed for a new club yet either as far as I know...

• The main question for Croatia is: will the team stay together like this or will their federation once again screw everything up so most of the stars quit before ECH? If the team stays like this they can be really good...

I agree. Unfortunately, I don't think they've ever spent enough time as a team to really make big progress. I believe all of the Croatian stars came together for the 2010 WCH and they didn't really impress. They're individually all great but collectively need to train together for more extended periods of time. I also think that Fabris should be given the opportunity to start at OPP. Popovic makes far too many errors for my taste.

• About Fabris, maybe NT could try the system that Mladost used with her. She played as MB there, but she stayed in backrow and the OPP (Andjelic) went out for the libero, so in backrow Fabris played like an OPP. It might work for NT as well because I think she is a better MB than Milos and a better backrow attacker than Popovic...

• Great to see Usic,Poljak,Jerkov back in the team! :super: :win: I hope everything goes well like they want(I mean the federation). There are some great names and if they prepare themselves(that I think there is enough time for it) they can be so dangerous and even can make it to semifinal in ECH. As for the ideal roster:

S: Grbac, Brcic
    OPP: Popovic, Alajbeg
    OHs: Usic, Jerkov, Topic, Miletic
    M: Poljak, Fabris, Milos
    L: Malevic

''Grbac-Popovic, Usic-Jerkov, Poljak-Fabris, Malevic'' This starting line up seems really strong except the libero(I haven't watched her before). Maybe the second setter is a question mark(I would prefer Katic instead of her) and I would like to see Barun in wide roster.

• Does anyone know what's up with Hana Cutura? She hasn't been in NT this summer and she hasn't signed for a new club yet either as far as I know...

Is Hanna Cutura's level good enough for Croatia NT? I don't know her very well, I just know she was in Munster this year and from match reports it seems she had a good season there, right?
    Who was Munster's main attacker? Cutura or Sloetjes?

• Is Hanna Cutura's level good enough for Croatia NT? I don't know her very well, I just know she was in Munster this year and from match reports it seems she had a good season there, right?
    Who was Munster's main attacker? Cutura or Sloetjes?

She was in Münster for 3 years and always was one of the top attackers of the league. This season she got a leg muscle injury in the middle of the season that kept her out of the court until the end, she just made a brief appearance in playoffs.
    When both were healthy, Cutura and Sloetjes shared the offense of Münster, both were good with high balls from pos 4 and backrow. I think when healthy, Cutura certainly could be an option for Croatia NT, maybe she wouldn't make the final roster when all stars are there but she deserves a chance at least...

• http://www.odbojka.hr/sa-sport…ice-su-tek-pred-nama.html
    Interview with Sanja Popovic about Croatia NT and their preparations for ECH, in brief: Coach Lovrinov gathered all the best Croatian players, I'm pleased with all conditions we have here in Gospic during NT camp. I belive we are able to make it thorough the first round at ECH. We have team which is composed of experienced players who play in good clubs. I believe our best matches and moments are still ahead of us. Now players have two days of rest and next part of camp starts on monday 12th August in Maribor, 14 players will participate: Senna Ušić Jogunica, Antonija Kaleb, Bernarda Ćutuk, Martina Malević, Jelena Alajbeg,, Mira Topić, Mia Jerkov, Sanja Popović, Maja Poljak, Ivana Miloš, Ana Grbac, Samanta Fabris, Bernarda Brčić i Marina Miletić.

• Unfotunetely I dont know, there's no info about friendly matches in latest news I've read.

• Friendly matches update :)
    Croatia will play four friendly matches with France ( 27,28, 30, 31.08 ), maybe they will also play a friendly match with Dinamo Moscow before leaving to Dresden on August 4th, but it's not certain yet :)

• Friendly matches update :)
    Croatia will play four friendly matches with France ( 27,28, 30, 31.08 ), maybe they will also play a friendly match with Dinamo Moscow before leaving to Dresden on August 4th, but it's not certain yet :)

Unfortunely not : Croatia cancelled the 3 amical games against France in France : http://www.lamontagne.fr/auver…tage-a-vichy-1664501.html

Les pieds dans le fumier, mais toujours le verbe haut et la tête droite ! Cocorico !

• Yeah but on croatian site it was written those matches will be played in Maribor

• Interview with Maja Poljak for Croatian Volleyball Federation

What can you say about trainings here in Maribor ?
    M: I'm a little bit at the end, I started to think about end of my career but my sports ambition aren't fully satisfied yet, so that's why I'm here.

You've missed some trainings, what was the reason ?
    M: I had some problems with my back. I didn't train for a week, but now everything is ok and I hope at European Championships everything will be ok too.

Are you satisfied with all the conditions here at NT camp in Maribor ?
    M: Yes, I would like to say thank you to our hosts here. Conditions are really great, the accomodation, gyms and also diet. I have no complaints.

The roster of Croatia NT seem stronger than previous years ?
    M: Yes, we gathered all girls and I hope we can achieve good results at European Championships

What do you mean saying "good result" ?
    M: I'm not the type of person who like to predict. I just think we should play without pressure. All those young girls can amplify their skills.

Maybe you and your younger teammates could play in next Olympic Games ?
    M: I'd go along with it ! The Olympic Games are a dream of every athlete and this is the weak point of my career. I participated in other big events but not in Olympic Games. I wish I could play with Croatian NT jersey at OG in Rio 2016

It would be nice to say goodbye to volleyball in Rio ?
    -M: Definitely ! It's still a long way to Brazil. But if I'll stay healthy... :)

sorry for mistakes :)