Korean NT 2013

• Yes. I like Bae as OPP. Hyo-jin Yang is out for her ankle injury. She've got injured during KOVO cup competition in this summer. :( Hwang also out for knee injury. :( Two new setters. especially Da-young Lee is from highschool. With Jae-young Lee, they are twin! Yes, it will be good if Baek is in. I don't think they are universal to be MB. tho. Here are more details about entry from KVA homepage. I replaced Kim's club from HK to FENERBAHCE. hahaha

Watching match Korea-China I see that Hee-Jin Kim is playing as OPP and Yoo-Na Bae as MB :what:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Watching match Korea-China I see that Hee-Jin Kim is playing as OPP and Yoo-Na Bae as MB :what:

kim hee-jin was the main opposite in london OG 2012 but used to be a blocker
    and Bae Yoo-na was a opposite and now play as blocker...

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• I saw Hee-Jin Kim as OPP and it didn't surprise me, but Bae as MB is surprise ^^

• Dear kondzio

Oh yes. You were right. They were more and less universal to be MB. Yoona Bae was OPP long time ago, but now play as MB in V league, but not quite impressive as before. I was happy to see on the list that her position was written as R (OPP), but that was not true.

It's a pity that Korea NT could not get even 1 set against China. Many problem we have in Korea NT. Setter is the biggest problem and i miss Hyo-jin Yang much today. :(

• Dear kondzio

Oh yes. You were right. They were more and less universal to be MB. Yoona Bae was OPP long time ago, but now play as MB in V league, but not quite impressive as before. I was happy to see on the list that her position was written as R (OPP), but that was not true.

It's a pity that Korea NT could not get even 1 set against China. Many problem we have in Korea NT. Setter is the biggest problem and i miss Hyo-jin Yang much today. :(

Agree about setters, they miss Sa-Nee Kim or Sook-Ja Lee ;( What about players like So-La See or Hye-Seon Yeum? I noticed also that coach changed again, why Hyung-Sil Kim isn't longer here?

• Agree about setters, they miss Sa-Nee Kim or Sook-Ja Lee ;( What about players like So-La See or Hye-Seon Yeum? I noticed also that coach changed again, why Hyung-Sil Kim isn't longer here?

Oh... then I have to star again sad story about KOVO. :mad:
    Sa-Nee Kim was not join, maybe for preparing the first season abroad in Aze. With Sook-ja Lee, both are getting aged so I don't think they will play in NT anymore. In addition Sook-ja Lee was injured. Hye-Seon Yeum maybe the best choice for NT, but Hyundae Hillstate has only one good setter, Yeum, so they refused to KVA for her to join NT. Situation is the same for all other pro team. In fact Jae-eun Lee is 6th or 7th ranking among all 6 pro team. I really want to see Na-yeon Lee (GS Kaltex) in NT this time. She is broad-minded and good for set play. But Sook-ja Lee is injured and GS was afraid that Na-yeon Lee may got injured in NT. so they also refused to join. All pro team refused, except Jae-eun LEE's team, so KVA took Da-young LEE from high school. She is young and unexperienced so somewhat embarrassed when reception is bad or in long rally. But this is her debut and let see more. cheers. When we could have the best setter in NT? Helas!!!!!

• Dear kondzio

ykagassi can ypou give me your analysis of the south korean team in this tournament? i haven't watched them yet so i do not know what to expect :drink:

• ykagassi can ypou give me your analysis of the south korean team in this tournament? i haven't watched them yet so i do not know what to expect :drink:

hm... If I dare to say something haha.
    Since now only I saw the matches against Taiwan and China. Korea NT now is not the best member and China is such strong, so I did not expected to win against China (or maybe Japan as well) As mentioned above big problem for setter. Since Hyo-jin Yang was out due to injury, block and center was very bad against China. block point 2-14 (Korea-China) ;( Attack route was so simple, wing wing wing. Passes were slow, low and visible. I think serve of Korea NT is not that bad, fortunately. Lack of good setter, lack of practice, lack of system. :(

• Thread about Yeon-Koung Kim turns into Korean NT, so I created separate thread ^^

• Well done!! I would like to know if Kim Sa Nee retired from NT? I hope not, because she is a good setter. Korea impressed me last year when they won against Brazil and Italy. Unfortunately it seems that their federation is a little bit like the Croatian one. :whistle:
    Looking forward to seeing them at World Championships and I hope for good results by them. Yeon Koung Kim rocks!! :heart: I'm happy that FIVB took the right decision.

P.S. I have just read that Kim Sa Nee didn't retire, but she wasn't selected because of her age. That's silly, 'cause old setters are generally better than younger ones.

• Sa-Nee Kim didn't retire from NT, she just wasn't selected ^^

• Sa-Nee Kim didn't retire from NT, she just wasn't selected ^^

Yes, I have just read in the first page of this new thread. :mad: C'mon, it is better to have older setters. It is the position, where experience really really counts! In fact when people criticize young setters, I always say: wait some years!
    I remember when people criticized Lo Bianco, Ferretti and Weiss when they were young. :roll:

• Oh... then I have to star again sad story about KOVO. :mad:
    Sa-Nee Kim was not join, maybe for preparing the first season abroad in Aze. With Sook-ja Lee, both are getting aged so I don't think they will play in NT anymore. In addition Sook-ja Lee was injured. Hye-Seon Yeum maybe the best choice for NT, but Hyundae Hillstate has only one good setter, Yeum, so they refused to KVA for her to join NT. Situation is the same for all other pro team. In fact Jae-eun Lee is 6th or 7th ranking among all 6 pro team. I really want to see Na-yeon Lee (GS Kaltex) in NT this time. She is broad-minded and good for set play. But Sook-ja Lee is injured and GS was afraid that Na-yeon Lee may got injured in NT. so they also refused to join. All pro team refused, except Jae-eun LEE's team, so KVA took Da-young LEE from high school. She is young and unexperienced so somewhat embarrassed when reception is bad or in long rally. But this is her debut and let see more. cheers. When we could have the best setter in NT? Helas!!!!!

So-La Lee is retired! In fact she has been forced to. She has some conflicts with team I heard. So sad!

It's just a sick situation with KOVO and clubs :what: pity that the best setters here, aren't in NT :( I'm so sad that Hye-Seon Yeum isn't there because of club permission and that So-La Lee retired ;( Throughout last year I see many changes of coaches and team roster and that's for me really worrying :S

• For whom interested in...

Left : So-young Lee, Jae-young Lee, Ji-young Oh, Jung-ah Park, Yeon-koung Kim, Song-yi Han
    Setter : Da-young Lee, Na-yeon Lee, Ye-jin Sho
    Center : Jun-im Ha, Soo-ji Kim, Hyo-jin Yang, Hye-jin Kim, Hee-jin Kim
    right : Yeon-joo Hwang, Seung-joo Pyo, Yoo-na Bae
    Libero : Hae-ran Kim, Ji-yeon Nam

Hi, I have a big question to ask: Would you mind tell me all those players' hanja? Chinese media usually translate Korean names by pronunciation because their hanjas are hard to find (unlike in Japanese), so as far as I know, there're a lot of mistakes, for example: they all mistake 金軟景(Kim Yeon-Koung) as 金延璟. Maybe they think those names sound better that way, but I'm kinda like the things what they really are.

• Yes, I have just read in the first page of this new thread. :mad: C'mon, it is better to have older setters. It is the position, where experience really really counts! In fact when people criticize young setters, I always say: wait some years!
    I remember when people criticized Lo Bianco, Ferretti and Weiss when they were young. :roll:

Yes, I agreed with you! Sa-nee Kim can play more years in best condition yet. I don't know what are they thinking. Stupid KVA and KOVO. hm...

• It's just a sick situation with KOVO and clubs :what: pity that the best setters here, aren't in NT :( I'm so sad that Hye-Seon Yeum isn't there because of club permission and that So-La Lee retired ;( Throughout last year I see many changes of coaches and team roster and that's for me really worrying :S

Haha. yes. many times changes on coaches. NT roster has been released last minutes before this championship. Training started mid august, while other NT started long before. we don't have stable and good system and that's so critical to have 'proper' NT. I hope that all KVA and KOVO members are changed. they are all insane as they showed enough in Yeon-koung Kim's case.

• Hi, I have a big question to ask: Would you mind tell me all those players' hanja? Chinese media usually translate Korean names by pronunciation because their hanjas are hard to find (unlike in Japanese), so as far as I know, there're a lot of mistakes, for example: they all mistake 金軟景(Kim Yeon-Koung) as 金延璟. Maybe they think those names sound better that way, but I'm kinda like the things what they really are.

Sorry, but I don't know. ;(
    We always write it as we pronounce in korean letter, so no information about this we can get from all website.
    It's a pity that they used 金延璟 instead of 金軟景. What a strange meaning!!! haha