Korean NT 2013

• Good job ladies! here is my short review about players in this competition

Kim Yeon-koung
    What else I can say. Kim was Kim.
    I worried about her play due to desperate situation that she spent after season. It almost seemed that she should stop volleyball. Even Kim has strong mind, she can be destabilized and go into a slump in such hopeless situation. However, she never stop individual training even the day after press conference when she criticized a lot from every media (all in favor of HK and KVA) that she is trying to deal with NT entry as a hostage. She led the team and never lose her fighting spirit. Thank you very much Kim! I am very happy that you are back on the court. A super star!

Han Song-yi
    I think she is the key player of Korea NT. in negative sense unfortunately. Win or lose is all depending on her play. Her main weakness bad reception has been improved, yes. But how many mistakes and errors continuously broke good moods. She did exceptionally good in London OG and Korea can achieve great result. If she is young I'll say "well let's wait and cheer up, she has potential to be improved." It's true that currently no other alternative OH next to Yeon-koung Kim. But her mental is so weak and very easily destabilized in big match. It's better to give more opportunity to other young players in the international competition from now on.

Lee Da-young
    New setter of Korea NT. I hope that she continues in NT as a backup of Sa-nee Kim (or Yeom hye-sum or Na-yeon Lee, my favorite). The problem of Korea team is that setters are changed in every competition. In every competition attackers need to adapt new setter. What a waste. Da-young's serve and block are both good and that's extra asset. She has a tendency to depend too much on wing, but she will overcome.

Lee Jae-young
    Twin sister of Lee Da-young. She did not played much in this competition but I saw the potential as a future OH of Korea NT with Kim. Cheers!

Park Jeong-Ah
    She is OH but played as MB. Once she supposed to be another OH next to Kim, but her reception is bad. No, she never receive in fact in V-league. Considering her height advantage, I think it's not a bad idea that she continues as MB. She did pretty well during bronze medal match.

Oh Ji-young
    One point server. Sometimes she mistakes but she did well.

Other players
    So so :whistle:

Overall, Korea NT has very strong serve than other team. That's main advantage we have I think. Cheers!

• I completely agree with these analysis. Han Song-yi's performance is definitely the deciding factor of the match. I'm so glad someone else noticed besides me :lol: :lol: :lol: . I think in 2011 they tried Yoon Hye-sook (can't remember her name exactly) and she provided very stable reception/defense but lack of height/attack. I also remember Oh Ji-young as the person who shanked Zhou Suhong's serve in the crucial point of 5th set during Asian Championships against China ;)

I think Korea could become very good. I think the play of the MB needs to speed up and they need to run faster attacks to become more effective. I also think that with the way Kim Hee-jin played they could keep her as OPP because she is taking some very good swings and scoring well for her team.

• I completely agree with these analysis. Han Song-yi's performance is definitely the deciding factor of the match. I'm so glad someone else noticed besides me . I think in 2011 they tried Yoon Hye-sook (can't remember her name exactly) and she provided very stable reception/defense but lack of height/attack. I also remember Oh Ji-young as the person who shanked Zhou Suhong's serve in the crucial point of 5th set during Asian Championships against China

I think Korea could become very good. I think the play of the MB needs to speed up and they need to run faster attacks to become more effective. I also think that with the way Kim Hee-jin played they could keep her as OPP because she is taking some very good swings and scoring well for her team.

Give me a high five, yeah!
    Yes, Korea NT can do better, we need more stable and organized system. Not changing coach and setter every time at least. I missed to comment about Kim Hee-jin here, but yes she is growing and will be a good OPP I expect. :)

• Give me a high five, yeah!
    Yes, Korea NT can do better, we need more stable and organized system. Not changing coach and setter every time at least. I missed to comment about Kim Hee-jin here, but yes she is growing and will be a good OPP I expect. :)

Hahaha there is no high five option for the smileys so I will give you thumbs up instead :thumbsup:

And also, YKagassi, do you know anything about Jung Dae-Young? Great MB, height is a little unfortunate though. Is she retired now?

• And also, YKagassi, do you know anything about Jung Dae-Young? Great MB, height is a little unfortunate though. Is she retired now?

She is fine and still plays in GS Caltex. She shows always stable and good performance, I like her. I don't know why she did not join NT. Maybe club does not permitted. Korea pro league has 6 teams, so each team allows more and less two players, 2X6=12 players for NT. Song-yi Han and Yoo-na Bae are GS already so... Club does not want to allow two top players since they are worried about players got injured in NT which is bad for regular season. Or Asian Championship is not big competition so she does not want to join regarding her age.

• Quoted from "YKgassi"

She is fine and still plays in GS Caltex. She shows always stable and good performance, I like her. I don't know why she did not join NT. Maybe club does not permitted. Korea pro league has 6 teams, so each team allows more and less two players, 2X6=12 players for NT. Song-yi Han and Yoo-na Bae are GS already so... Club does not want to allow two top players since they are worried about players got injured in NT which is bad for regular season. Or Asian Championship is not big competition so she does not want to join regarding her age

Oh ok. Is GS Caltex the top team in the Korean league? It seems as though club performance is more important that NT results for the Korean league. I can't think of any other countries that do something like this.

• Oh ok. Is GS Caltex the top team in the Korean league? It seems as though club performance is more important that NT results for the Korean league. I can't think of any other countries that do something like this.

No, IBK is the top team. Hee-jin Kim and Jeong-ah Park are in there. GS is also good, ranked as 2nd last season if I remember well.

Unfortunately only KOVO and KVA are ignorant how important NT is. Achievement in NT has far more significant impact to public and that's the way volleyball can attract more fans. Women volleyball was not popular sport in Korea at all but after Olympic many people got interested in volleyball and came to watch games. Just KOVO do not know this, people in front of club just worried about losing their jobs in case of worst result of each season.