Italian NT 2014

• Isn't there any strong penalty for that ridiculous gesture? Can't believe a professional player showing that attitude...

• Paola Cardullo tore her ACL in Sunday's league match ;( As if she hadn't had enough injuries for a lifetime!!

I guess that means she can't be in NT this summer...I hope this year Merlo will be 1st libero, I admire her every time I watch Bergamo.

• Italian newspaper "La gazzetta dello sport" says that Aguero is going to be a member of the new NT Team as a setter :what: :what:

• If it will be right no space for Costagrande in the team :what:

• Italian newspaper "La gazzetta dello sport" says that Aguero is going to be a member of the new NT Team as a setter :what: :what:

Yyyyy.....

About Costagrande - that's exactly what Matthias has pointed out recently - volleyball.id did refer to Del Core and Costa as 'ex-NT players', suggesting that we won't be seing them anymore.

• I guess that means she can't be in NT this summer...I hope this year Merlo will be 1st libero, I admire her every time I watch Bergamo.

She is having one of her best seasons ever! I hope this will be her year!!

• http://www.ivolleymagazine.it/…=twitterfeed#.UzC67tIz2So

Bonitta confirms his talks with Aguero and that she's willing to go back to the NT.

I forgot to comment on this before.. i don't think having Aguero as a setter would be of too much help.. I mean you have Feretti, there is Rondon who is performing great recently.. then there is Lo Bianco... I don't see how Aguero, a great attacker of course, would help her team as a setter.. I can't see what can she that other setters can't do.. and it would cost not having Costagrande who would be useful at least for reception..

• Centoni gave an interwiew where she said she's talking with Bonitta about coming back to NT. It seems like she wants to wear the NT uniform for the last time in the world championships in Italy.

She deserves it. Seriously.

• Centoni gave an interwiew where she said she's talking with Bonitta about coming back to NT. It seems like she wants to wear the NT uniform for the last time in the world championships in Italy.

She deserves it. Seriously.

I hope she'll do it :roll: her performance overall in Cannes is still among the best OPPs in the world. And it gives less chance for Gioli to be OPP in NT :lol:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Does Bonitta know he can take only 12/14 players to WCH?
    From what I'm reading, all Italian old stars will come back to NT as if WCH was kind of Farewell Party...I expect now also Cacciatori, Leggeri and Benelli want to come back :wacko:
    Anyway I honestly don't see a place for Aguero, since Centoni and Diouf are in much better shape for the OPP position and the competition for the Setter position is even higher(Ferretti, Rondon, Lo Bianco..).
    As regards OH, Costagrande is probably needed because if it happens that Piccinini and Lucia Bosetti get injured we don't have any high level replacement for them at the moment...

• I have no problem with Bonitta inviting all of these players back. However, I hope that he is logical enough to use their performance in training as the deciding factor as to who makes the final roster. Let's be honest, Aguero is in no shape to make an NT roster as OPP and even the idea of her going back to being a setter after playing OPP her entire career post-Cuba coupled with the fact she's coming back from maternity is simply absurd. Get all of Italy's top players in the gym and make them earn it statistically.

In the case of Brazil NT with Ricardinho and Italian NT now, there always seems to be drama surrounding NT selections because much of the decision making has more to do with personal factors as opposed to how the players actually perform which is not only detrimental to the motivation to the team long term as athletes realize it's not a meritocracy but is also unjust and completely unnecessary and a direct result of overinflated egos with some of these coaches.

Players like Lo Bianco and Aguero can't live off of their names and what they've done in the past, they need to prove they are still the best at their positions, which is something I admire about Centoni. Her performance has been consistently great over the past years that she hasn't been involved with the NT and her actions speak much louder than all of the drama that surrounds players like Lo Bianco and Gioli whose best play will for the rest of their careers always be behind them.

• she

I have no problem with Bonitta inviting all of these players back. However, I hope that he is logical enough to use their performance in training as the deciding factor as to who makes the final roster. Let's be honest, Aguero is in no shape to make an NT roster as OPP and even the idea of her going back to being a setter after playing OPP her entire career post-Cuba coupled with the fact she's coming back from maternity is simply absurd. Get all of Italy's top players in the gym and make them earn it statistically.

In the case of Brazil NT with Ricardinho and Italian NT now, there always seems to be drama surrounding NT selections because much of the decision making has more to do with personal factors as opposed to how the players actually perform which is not only detrimental to the motivation to the team long term as athletes realize it's not a meritocracy but is also unjust and completely unnecessary and a direct result of overinflated egos with some of these coaches.

Players like Lo Bianco and Aguero can't live off of their names and what they've done in the past, they need to prove they are still the best at their positions, which is something I admire about Centoni. Her performance has been consistently great over the past years that she hasn't been involved with the NT and her actions speak much louder than all of the drama that surrounds players like Lo Bianco and Gioli whose best play will for the rest of their careers always be behind them.

I completely agree with you! I hope that at the end only the best athlethes, the ones who performed better and are in better shape will make the fnal roster. It sounds like a logical and simpler thought but it's not always like that :whistle:

• costagrande...i think del core is better than her in attacking and receiving nowadays.

costagrande in NT is just shining in one game-2011 wc. in 2013 NT and in 2013-2014 vakifbank, she can't score.

and someone mentioned Centoni,who has good days in Cannes.But she just a girl who can add,not make,she's performance in NT proved that. and,Centoni is a girl who can shining many parts of the game,but not the crucial time.she is not the one who can decide the game.

if there is an old ladies party, they could be substitutes,but hard to say how much they can help.

• Del core better than costagrande? She's just lucky to have gamova, zetova and furst by her side that's all :lol:

you mean costagrande has poor teammates around? she is lucky in Vakifbank but she still could not score, i love her,but she declined so much.