Italian NT 2014

• you mean costagrande has poor teammates around? she is lucky in Vakifbank but she still could not score, i love her,but she declined so much.

And VakifBank is even weak if you compare the team with Costagrande's teammates from Pesaro (Sheilla, Mari, Berg, Ferretti, Furst, Maculewicz, Jaqueline, Wijnhowen...). :lol:

• And VakifBank is even weak if you compare the team with Costagrande's teammates from Pesaro (Sheilla, Mari, Berg, Ferretti, Furst, Maculewicz, Jaqueline, Wijnhowen...). :lol:

Costagrande had golden days in Pesaro, but not now.and Vakifbank today is almost the same quality as Pesaro, who had bad luck in Champion League. 8)

• Vakifbank? Their big 3 declined this season (gozde,brako,furst) so it's natural they will struggle, pesaro? Sure they didnt win the champions league but the blame could hardly be on costagrande in fact during those times it was mari who seem to crumble under pressure.

Right now yes del core is performing better but overall career its costagrande hands down :win:

• Vakifbank? Their big 3 declined this season (gozde,brako,furst) so it's natural they will struggle, pesaro? Sure they didnt win the champions league but the blame could hardly be on costagrande in fact during those times it was mari who seem to crumble under pressure.

Right now yes del core is performing better but overall career its costagrande hands down :win:

I disagree. Del Core won almost everything! Costagrande didn't. Del Core played on international level for many years, Costagrande didn't. Lina won the Champions League 4 times!

• Del Core retired from NT so after Piccinini and Lucia Bosetti we have only Costagrande. All the other Italian OH are just average players at the moment.

• Del Core retired from NT so after Piccinini and Lucia Bosetti we have only Costagrande. All the other Italian OH are just average players at the moment.

Considering Costa's and Picci's age....I see dark for near future...also at Opp-position...Diouf is really tall...but slow.

There are Bosetti-sisters...and ???

• Piccinini and Lucia Bosetti we have only Costagrand

Considering Costa's and Picci's age....I see dark for near future...also at Opp-position...Diouf is really tall...but slow.

There are Bosetti-sisters...and ???

What? Lucia Bosetti will be diamont among italian OHs. There's Di Iulio ready to be a starter in NT. And then there are players with lack of experience like Loda and Caterina Bosetti, that need a gradual development. I don't see that grey future. No one of these is phisically strong like Meijners or KYK, but they could be all balanced OHs. Italian NT always used to be strong using a very balanced team.

• I was talking about the present... of course if we look at the future Caterina Bosetti and Sara Loda are big prospects, but now they can't give much to a Nt that aims at winning a medal in a few months.. the ones I would call for WCH are Picci, L.Bosetti, Costagrande and Rosso. Di Iulio is not necessary.

• I was talking about the present... of course if we look at the future Caterina Bosetti and Sara Loda are big prospects, but now they can't give much to a Nt that aims at winning a medal in a few months.. the ones I would call for WCH are Picci, L.Bosetti, Costagrande and Rosso. Di Iulio is not necessary.

They won't. Probably they won't be at the world championship as well. Piccinini and Lucia Bosetti will be there. I don't like Costagrande, she is useless. Di Iulio and Rosso would be good back ups.

• What? Lucia Bosetti will be diamont among italian OHs. There's Di Iulio ready to be a starter in NT. And then there are players with lack of experience like Loda and Caterina Bosetti, that need a gradual development. I don't see that grey future. No one of these is phisically strong like Meijners or KYK, but they could be all balanced OHs. Italian NT always used to be strong using a very balanced team.

I think you misinterpreted my post :)

For me, the Bosetti-sisters are the most important players at OH/Opp positions !!!

Considering Costa's and Picci's age..Bosetti-sisters will be quite 'alone' in a few years...I don't see younger players at the level of Bosetti-sisters :win:

• So talking about wide roster included can be:

S: Ferretti, Rondon, Lo Bianco, Camera
    OPP: Centoni, Diouf, Sorokaite, Ortolani* (maybe should get chance after pregnancy, but still weaker than Diouf nowadays), Gioli* (she's determined, but I don't get her much chances)
    OH: Piccinini, L.Bosetti, Costagrande, Di Iulio, Rosso, C.Bosetti, Del Core* (if she agrees she's still a solid player which gives much team), Fiorin, Tirozzi, Barcellini, Loda, Sylla
    MB: Barazza, Arrighetti, Guiggi, Folie, Calloni, Pisani, Garzaro, Chirichella, Leggeri* (despite being a bit old, maybe they even consider her, because she's still in good shape)
    L: Merlo, De Gennaro, Sirressi (here should be Cardullo, but she's so unlucky with injuries ;( )

Yeah, of course I mentioned 30 names again :whistle: not too much? :lol:

Creating from these strong 14 for WCH it can be this:
    S: Ferretti, Rondon
    OPP: Centoni, Diouf
    OH: Piccinini, L.Bosetti, Costagrande, Del Core/Di Iulio/Rosso (Lina if she agrees, if not I'd take Rosso, though Di Iulio also should fight for this place)
    MB: Barazza, Arrighetti, Calloni, Folie
    L: Merlo, De Gennaro

Let's don't exaggerate with farewells to Lo Bianco, Gioli, Aguero, etc. :wacko:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I don't agree with the idea about bad future of Italian NT. They are consistently reaching medals in each Youth/Junior tournaments for more than 5 years. Camera, Diouf and Pisani are still young. They have the most talented OH and MB of 1994-95 generation. Also from their 1996-97 generation there are quite good players like Nicoletti and Bonifacio. With Lucia Bosetti and some experienced player, I believe Italy will be one of the medal contender in near future again. I hope Calloni, who is one of the most underrated Italian player ever, woul get a chance as a starter in next WCh

By the way, out of topic; what happened Costagrande's sister Luisina and Guilia Decordi?

YES,THAT'S WHAT I MEAN.costagrande is a bigger star than del core, but nowadays she is behind lena.and i think OH took two veterans will be enough.

• and i will support Gioli to be back in NT, i know all around Piccinini's followers here,but Simona's quality and status is still very powerful and first-class, but not OPP,it's just for Frosinone,who is weak in all espects, so an OPP is more useful than a MB,and as the only big star of big offer, gioli did.

if there's no personal conflict with Bonitta, Gioli-Arrighetti Duo will be among the best MB DUO in the world. and the rest two i prefer to barazza(calloni) and folie.

if you don't support her, not for her performance,just for your personal likes(consider you are a picci's candy).And nowadays,italy could not find another one replace her.

i admire calloni too, and i want her in NT to try. But in WCH, experience will be crucial.

• By the way, out of topic; what happened Costagrande's sister Luisina and Guilia Decordi?

Luisina Costagrande was diagnosed spondylitis, a rare genetic illness which makes it impossible for her to play volleyball.

Giulia Decordi retired last summer, she was struggling even in A2 so maybe she preferred starting a new career.

• spondylitis

Thanks for info

It is sad to see talented junior player's career has ended like that. I remember also Sandra Vitez who seemed to be gifted player in the junior tournament in Turkey, quit volleyball