Germany NT 2014

• Main competitions:
    - European League
    - World Grand Prix
    - World Championship

I hope we'll also get to play in Montreux again...

Giovanni Guidetti has a contract until the end of this year, but it is very probable that he'll renew it because his goal is to reach Rio 2016 with German team.

As for the players...I suppose we'll mainly see the same faces as last year, but there will have to be some new players as well.

Setters: Kathleen Weiss, Denise Hanke and Lena Möllers should be there as usual. Mareen Apitz hasn't shown much interest to play NT in the last years, so I don't expect to see her there. From the younger players, maybe Magdalena Gryka (1994) and Denise Imoudu (1995) can get some chances in the early part of the summer. Junior NT setter Irina Kemmsies (1996) is also a big talent, but I suppose for now she'll stay with Junior NT.

Libero: Lenka Dürr and Lisa Thomsen should be the main liberos again. Linda Dörendahl was sent home early last summer because of her age (though she is only one year older than Thomsen), so I don't expect to see her this year. Janine Völker started pretty bad into the season in Schwerin but now she is playing a lot better, so maybe she'll get a chance. Anna Pogany (1994) is also doing surprisingly well as substitute for Miyashiro in Vilsbiburg.

Opposite: The first "problem position" for NT. Maggi Kozuch will undoubtedly be starter. Saskia Hippe is recovering from her knee injury, probably she'll be ready to play in summer but the question is how long it will take for her to get back in a good shape again. Louisa Lippmann (1994) has just made her comeback in Münster after a shoulder surgery, she is an interesting player, tall and powerful. She should definitely get a chance in EL, Guidetti also invited her last year but she had the shoulder injury then. Carina Aulenbrock (1994) is not really showing any signs of approaching a level that would do for NT unfortunately at the moment...and other than that, there simply are no German OPPs, not even bad ones :white:

Outside hitters: Heike Beier, Maren Brinker, Jennifer Geerties and Lisa Izquierdo should definitely be there, even though Izquierdo is playing as receiving OPP in Dresden now. I don't want to see Jana Poll and Svenja Engelhardt again, in my opinion they'll never reach a level to be important players for NT, even though at least Poll has certainly improved during the last year. Anika Brinkmann has been playing a very good season so far even though her team is awful, but she is not so young (1986) and also not tall (1.77). Still I hope Guidetti will give her a chance, she has very strong jump serves and definitely is a better attacker than Poll and Engelhardt. Tanja Großer (1993, 1.78 ) is another player who is doing rather well in her club but might not have the potential for higher level...overall, there definitely is a lack of decent OHs in Germany and also of tall OHs...Sarah Petrausch is playing a lot better this season than in the last years, but probably still not good enough for NT either...Oh I forgot one player, Laura Weihenmaier is also playing very well this season, she's a strong attacker but her reception is not good...but for me she deserves a chance as well.

Middle blockers: Next "problem position". Corina Ssuschke-Voigt has been talking for ages about having a baby, and her contract with Cannes expired now, so this probably is the time for it. Anja Brandt is still out with shoulder injury, she'll be back for summer but I think that she is a player who will need very long to get back in shape which really is a pity because she made such big progress in 2013 ;( I expect Berit Kauffeldt and Christiane Fürst to be the main MBs this summer, but there is a big :?: about who else will be there. Stefanie Karg is about to finish her studies, maybe she'll finally play in NT then. Julia Osterloh is playing the best season of her career in Wiesbaden at the moment, she is also not so young (1986) but in my opinion she definitely deserves a chance if she continues like this. From the younger players, Leonie Schwertmann (1994) and Alessandra Jovy-Heusser (1991) might get a chance, but Jovy-Heusser probably won't be good enough for high level. Schwertmann is doing well in Münster, it will be interesting to see her development. But other than that I can't think of anyone else...Rebecca Schäperklaus (1992) isn't very good, and Wiebke Silge (1996) is a great talent but I expect her to stay in Junior NT this summer.

Overall, it will definitely be an interesting year....

• According to volleyball.it, Guidetti has renewed his contract until 2016. I can't find any other source for it though...

This was his tweet half an hour ago: Is very funny to read that something happened in my professional life that I don't know but volleyball web sites knows!

• Corina Ssuschke-Voigt says in an interview with DVV that she'll stay in NT as long as possible and she'll also play WCH this year :thumbsup:

Good news for NT :thumbsup: it seems that this child will never be born, maybe after retirement :roll:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Good news for NT :thumbsup: it seems that this child will never be born, maybe after retirement :roll:

I guess the end of her career is not that far away now...she has returned to Dresden, she bought a house there together with her husband so she'll never play abroad again I think.

She also says Cannes was the most beautiful station of her career, the organisation of the club is excellent and the team and the coaches are great as well. Reading this, I think if Cannes had offered her to stay for the rest of the season she would have accepted, so probably they didn't ?(

• I guess the end of her career is not that far away now...she has returned to Dresden, she bought a house there together with her husband so she'll never play abroad again I think.

She also says Cannes was the most beautiful station of her career, the organisation of the club is excellent and the team and the coaches are great as well. Reading this, I think if Cannes had offered her to stay for the rest of the season she would have accepted, so probably they didn't ?(

It would be so weird that Cannes didn't offer her longer contract :what: she was happy there, moreover Cannes had problem with MBs (no backup for Rasic and Aelbrecht). Now they got Onjeyekwe, but in CL they became with 2 MBs and Steuperaert who is converted from OH/OPP, I don't get it at all :call:

Dresden is definitely happy because of this fact and Corina also because of returning to homeland, to club when she played some years before 4 and half season abroad.

Of course it's plausible that Corina may end career soon, maybe she'll play till Rio, but later who knows. She'll be 33, some players end career in this age, some do it even earlier :teach: of course we have exception, but mostly these are setters ^^

• It would be so weird that Cannes didn't offer her longer contract :what: she was happy there, moreover Cannes had problem with MBs (no backup for Rasic and Aelbrecht). Now they got Onjeyekwe, but in CL they became with 2 MBs and Steuperaert who is converted from OH/OPP, I don't get it at all :call:

Dresden is definitely happy because of this fact and Corina also because of returning to homeland, to club when she played some years before 4 and half season abroad.

Of course it's plausible that Corina may end career soon, maybe she'll play till Rio, but later who knows. She'll be 33, some players end career in this age, some do it even earlier :teach: of course we have exception, but mostly these are setters ^^

Or if you are Dani Scott-Arruda :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Or if you are Dani Scott-Arruda :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That's why I wrote mostly, not all ^^ Dani Scott is other case :D setter case is more common: Fofao, Magda Śliwa, Irina Archangielskaja (she's near 50 :D )

• My toughts about German team

- Fürst must take MB1 postion of team instead of Susschke (She is playing really scorer in Vakıfbank at this role) and 2nd MB must be Brandt not Kaudfelt,Brandt showed last summer that she can play at this level and Kauldfelt's ineffective performance in Conegliano really is disappointing.
    - I watched some matches of Schweriner this season and I really liked Imoudu as setter where Radenkovic struggled a lot in games and she helped her team a lot but main choices will be Weiss and Hanke for sure.
    -Saskia Hippe had a really monster season aswell,i wish a fast recover for her coz NT needs her not Kozuch anymore :down:
    -About OH position i think Germany NT in safe hands with Izquierdo and Geerties.Guidetti showed a good interest to Geerties last summer but can't say the same for Izquierdo,hope she can get chances from Guidetti as much as other OHs.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• My toughts about German team

- Fürst must take MB1 postion of team instead of Susschke (She is playing really scorer in Vakıfbank at this role) and 2nd MB must be Brandt not Kaudfelt,Brandt showed last summer that she can play at this level and Kauldfelt's ineffective performance in Conegliano really is disappointing.
    - I watched some matches of Schweriner this season and I really liked Imoudu as setter where Radenkovic struggled a lot in games and she helped her team a lot but main choices will be Weiss and Hanke for sure.
    -Saskia Hippe had a really monster season aswell,i wish a fast recover for her coz NT needs her not Kozuch anymore :down:
    -About OH position i think Germany NT in safe hands with Izquierdo and Geerties.Guidetti showed a good interest to Geerties last summer but can't say the same for Izquierdo,hope she can get chances from Guidetti as much as other OHs.

1. I don't think Kauffeldt is having a bad season, on the contrary she is playing good. I'm glad she had a chance (although is unlucky because calloni got injured) Brandt is injured as much as I can remember so she'll need time to get back in shape. Somebody said Stefanie Karg will finish her studies so maybe she'll play for NT, she has great numbers for her club. I love Corina but she is not the same anymore so in case Karg plays for NT Corina should be 4th MB.
    2. Hippe had a great season indeed, I was very happy for her...it's very unlucky she got injured. Kozuch is not playing bad, she is having a good season compared to her few previous. If Saskia was healthy I think Guidetti would try something as OH with either her or Maggie, cuz Maren is not performing good however. So Kozuch stays as starting player.

• It would be so weird that Cannes didn't offer her longer contract :what: she was happy there, moreover Cannes had problem with MBs (no backup for Rasic and Aelbrecht). Now they got Onjeyekwe, but in CL they became with 2 MBs and Steuperaert who is converted from OH/OPP, I don't get it at all :call:

It would be so weird that Cannes didn't offer her longer contract :what: she was happy there, moreover Cannes had problem with MBs (no backup for Rasic and Aelbrecht). Now they got Onjeyekwe, but in CL they became with 2 MBs and Steuperaert who is converted from OH/OPP, I don't get it at all :call:

İt might not be illogical to release Corina since Onyejekwe is a better than her and Cannes wiil most probably not go further than 2 matches in European cup :rolleyes: Corina has never been one of my favourite MB but apparently her presence in NT is very crucial for German NT in the absence of Karg and Brandt :whistle:

Matthias, in addition to Brinker, Geerties and Izquierdo, who will be 4th OH? Poll and Engelhart again :aww: Or Beier?

Also do you think Hippe will be ready for WCh? If not who will be second Opp? Aulenbrock is a big disappointment :whistle:

P.S: I just noticed Matthias's first post which already answered almost all my questions :aww:

• Wow...I'm super happy for Angie also wondering if her and Stefan want their baby boy to become a professional volleyballer in the future :D He definitely would be a great player since he's got a great blood from his parents. I assume if he choose playing volleyball, we would see him representing Germany perhaps 25 years later.

• what about İzquerdo's and Geerties's levels?

Geerties is playing very well in the league, very solid in reception and defense, in attack she had some problems in the last weeks but overall she's good there as well. IMO she must be starter in NT this summer.
    With Izquierdo it's a little more complicated, she has had ups and downs this season. She hasn't been as impressive as in 12/13 season, but then Dresden didn't have a Perry who outshines everyone else...another problem is that Izquierdo plays as OPP in Dresden and shares reception duties with Perry (the libero and the other OH are the main receivers), while Guidetti rather wants her as OH. On the other hand, with Hippe being injured, Izquierdo as OPP might be a good option too, but as OH there are several players in the league that have made a better impression this season than her...

• ver

Wow...I'm super happy for Angie also wondering if her and Stefan want their baby boy to become a professional volleyballer in the future :D He definitely would be a great player since he's got a great blood from his parents. I assume if he choose playing volleyball, we would see him representing Germany perhaps 25 years later.

good point indeed,sad at the same time bcz we will be aged people at that time

• Geerties is playing very well in the league, very solid in reception and defense, in attack she had some problems in the last weeks but overall she's good there as well. IMO she must be starter in NT this summer.
    With Izquierdo it's a little more complicated, she has had ups and downs this season. She hasn't been as impressive as in 12/13 season, but then Dresden didn't have a Perry who outshines evereyone else...another problem is that Izquierdo plays as OPP in Dresden and shares reception duties with Perry (the libero and the other OH are the main receivers), while Guidetti rather wants her as OH. On the other hand, with Hippe being injured, Izquierdo as OPP might be a good option too, but as OH there are several players in the league that have made a better impression this season than her...

As for me, Lisa hasn't reached her potential. She can really step up in bigger and more important games but she lacks the stability. For example: once she does couple of mistakes on reception she gets dispirited and performs low level (and vice-versa). If she gets some mental coaching and can better control her mood she can really have fire in her eyes and helps the team.