Germany NT 2014

• Stefanie Karg told a Dresden newspaper that she won't play for NT anymore. She says it's too exhausting for her body to play all year without break...

:wall: :wall: :wall: So who will be our MBs this summer??? Kathy Radzuweit and Berit Kauffeldt??? :aww:

• Pettke, Langgemach, Silge and Kauffeldt
    far away: Stöhr, Schwertmann
    and others I haven't seen...

Langgemach never plays in Dresden, Kauffeldt never plays in Wroclaw.

My pick would be Pettke, Silge, Brandt, and then the air gets thin :S I have no idea how Melanie Keil performs in NCAA, maybe she could be an option, otherwise Leonie Schwertmann should certainly be invited. Celin Stöhr isn't even an average MB for Bundesliga so no way she can play on international level. Another option might be Lisa Gründing who has played surprisingly well as MB after being converted to that position just some months ago.

• Kauffeldt never plays in Impel because of her uselessness :wavy: she showed it in CL ^^ IMHO she just doesn't deserve to be a starter there, so no way that she could find place in NT :wavy:

So big losses in German NT as MBs: no Furst, no Ssuchke-Voigt, no Karg :whistle: now their middle is just way weaker... Pettke will be probably starter and who can be second ?( maybe Silge should get as more experience as possible ^^

I wish Schaus kept playing as MB, moreover on decent level... after coming back to OH/OP she kepps being worse and worse so it's not a surprise that she got fired from Aachen... As MB in NT she did pretty welll...

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Edited once, last by kondzio ().

• Schaus never played in Aachen. Last season she played in Münster and in the current season for Köpenick and Potsdam.

Sorry, I see that she's in Potsdam, playing as OP/OH, but she's so poor...

Coming back to MBs topic: so who can be in NT ?( Pettke, Silge and who else ?( what about Rebecca Schäperklaus? Can she compete with Brandt or Schwertmann for a place in NT ?(

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Coming back to MBs topic: so who can be in NT ?( Pettke, Silge and who else ?( what about Rebecca Schäperklaus? Can she compete with Brandt or Schwertmann for a place in NT ?(

I'm not a big fan of her, but she has had some good matches this season. I really can't imagine her being good enough for international level though....but unfortunately Pettke hasn't played well either recently :(

Maybe we should do the same as in 2002, looking for a good foreign MB in our league who is not in a (strong) NT and ask her to play for Germany as we did with Olesya Kulakova back then.

• DVV is in negotiations with Luciano Pedulla. Would be a very good choice IMO...

I agree. Pedulla is a very good and experienced coach :win:

• Yes, of the names we heard so far he is definitely my favourite :thumbup:

IMO he should get an assistant coach from German league though because probably he is not so familiar with German players except the ones that are already internationally known. Maybe Alberto Salomoni or also again Koslowski, as assistant he could be there...

• Two more names: Tore Aleksandersen and Juan Manuel Serramalera. I don't think either of them really has a chance though...

DVV had a meeting this weekend but haven't reached a decision yet, they say they will have two more talks this week and still have the goal to present the new coach by the beginning of March...

It's good to know that also the players were asked about their opinions of the candidates and were in favor of Pedulla.

I see this a little bit different. The players own their fair share of the problems with Giovanni, and now the federation is giving them the little finger when it came to decide who will be the new head coach. So far so good. Be positive. But I don't know if that's a good situation the federation put themselves in right now. If the times will get rough again some day...will they ask the players again? :whistle: ;)