Germany NT 2014

• Matthias, Do you think Melanie Keil, Louisa Lippmann and Rebecca Schaperklaus would have a change to play this year? At least at Montreux or some minor cups... Since Hippe is out for at least a couple of months I wonder who will be 2nd OPP of German team. I don't like the idea of putting Izquierdo into OPP position at all.

Btw I would be happy to see Stefanie Karg in the NT but with Ssuschke staying in NT, I don't think Karg would want to join...

• I have no idea how Keil is playing in NCAA but I don't expect seeing her in NT. Schäperklaus is too weak for NT in my opinion. Louisa Lippmann hasn't got many chances to play in Münster since she recovered from her shoulder injury, but I hope she'll get to play more in the playoffs and get chances in NT this summer as well.

Guidetti has already announced to play European League with young players, so we should see some new faces there for sure.

Why would Karg not come when Ssuschke is there?? They're playing together in Dresden (and they already did some years ago as well) and if Karg really comes to NT I expect her to start over Ssuschke anyway...

• Well, because I have a feeling that Guidetti will put Ssuschke as starter and Karg on bench but we will see :D How is Brandt btw? A shoulder injury would take at least an half year so it might be hard to see her in the upcoming summer, right?

• I also hope that Karg will join NT this summer, she deserves to be there much more than Kauffeldt or Brandt (even though Brandt underwent surgery).

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I also hope that Karg will join NT this summer, she deserves to be there much more than Kauffeldt or Brandt (even though Brandt underwent surgery).

I totally agree. Karg should have a try. She is performing steady and deserves the chance even though I think she needs to put little muscle for NT :D

• I have no idea how Keil is playing in NCAA but I don't expect seeing her in NT. Schäperklaus is too weak for NT in my opinion. Louisa Lippmann hasn't got many chances to play in Münster since she recovered from her shoulder injury, but I hope she'll get to play more in the playoffs and get chances in NT this summer as well.

Guidetti has already announced to play European League with young players, so we should see some new faces there for sure.

Why would Karg not come when Ssuschke is there?? They're playing together in Dresden (and they already did some years ago as well) and if Karg really comes to NT I expect her to start over Ssuschke anyway...

As far as i know, Melanie Keil hasn't played that much in her freshman season with Nebraska. Their two main MB's were Cecilia Hall (from Sweden) and Meghan Haggerty. We will see, if she can improve enough and become a starter next season. But as it is one of the strongest teams in the NCAA, it surely won't be easy.

• There will be an official contract signing ceremony as well today during the Cup final event and he will indeed sign until 2016.

Some other clues from Guidetti's comments during the match: he admires Geerties, he says she has a very good technique and ball touch, she just needs more power but that will be developed. He also spoke positively about young MB Celin Stöhr, he says she is very good in block but needs to improve in attack, but she can be a prospect for the future. Also Linda Helterhoff was mentioned by him, he said her sets are precise and she plays tactically well but she should play faster sometimes...but I could imagine that he might give her a try in the early part of the summer as well.

• There will be an official contract signing ceremony as well today during the Cup final event and he will indeed sign until 2016.

Here are the reports from the ceremony: http://volleyball-verband.de/i…01adre2hrol1dm47eqff0tjaq

http://volleyball.de/nc/news/d…n-mit-den-bundestrainern/ :drink:

• During yesterday's Schwerin-Dresden match, the commentator gave some info about Hippe's injury: in addition to the ACL rupture, she also suffered a serious cartilage damage in her knee, and it's possible that she can't play at all in 2014 any more :white: That definitely means she'll be out for NT summer and Kozuch is the only real OPP we have left :S

• During yesterday's Schwerin-Dresden match, the commentator gave some info about Hippe's injury: in addition to the ACL rupture, she also suffered a serious cartilage damage in her knee, and it's possible that she can't play at all in 2014 any more :white: That definitely means she'll be out for NT summer and Kozuch is the only real OPP we have left :S

Poor Saskia ;( then, it's high time to find a back-up for Kożuch. Any suggestion who can be tried as backup? Most probable can be Lippman or Aulenbrock, but then we can consider also OH like Lisa Izquierdo or Nadja Schaus (thought I don't think she has chances). Few years ago I remember when in some games Regina Mapeli-Burchardt was tried as backup OPP, but she wasn't NT member in last year...

• Izquierdo is playing as OPP in Dresden (with some reception) and she's doing very well, I think she's the first choice as Kozuch's backup. Lippmann hasn't got many chances to play recently but she is a big talent, I hope she'll get to play European League. Aulenbrock never gets to play in Schwerin and I can't see her in NT either. I don't think Schaus and Burchardt will have a chance, Burchardt will be 31 this year and Schaus is not playing very well as OH/OPP in Münster, and last year Guidetti sent them both home early because he wanted to keep the younger players instead.
    Laura Weihenmaier who plays as OH since two years was OPP of the Junior team that won WCH 2009 (Hippe was injured then as well), she's only 1.79 but a decent attacker, first of all I hope she'll be invited to NT and then we'll see on which position Guidetti might try her...

• Izquierdo is playing as OPP in Dresden (with some reception) and she's doing very well, I think she's the first choice as Kozuch's backup. Lippmann hasn't got many chances to play recently but she is a big talent, I hope she'll get to play European League. Aulenbrock never gets to play in Schwerin and I can't see her in NT either. I don't think Schaus and Burchardt will have a chance, Burchardt will be 31 this year and Schaus is not playing very well as OH/OPP in Münster, and last year Guidetti sent them both home early because he wanted to keep the younger players instead.
    Laura Weihenmaier who plays as OH since two years was OPP of the Junior team that won WCH 2009 (Hippe was injured then as well), she's only 1.79 but a decent attacker, first of all I hope she'll be invited to NT and then we'll see on which position Guidetti might try her...

Thanks for explanation ^^ I thought more about Izquierdo as OH, but she's doing so well in Dresden, having some reception tasks because of Becky Perry. Then maybe Weihenmaier can be tried as offensive OH, she can't be worse than Poll or Engelhardt :whistle: Brinkmann should be also contender for OH place, we'll see in few months who choose Gio :wavy:

• Anja Brandt was hoping to be able to play in the end of current club season but this definitely is not possible because her recovery hasn't progressed enough yet, she still can't attack. So I expect not to see her in NT this summer, at least not in the first part...MB position will be a problem in the next years when Ssuschke and Fürst will become older :S But 17 year old Wiebke Silge from Junior NT is a great prospect, I could imagine that Guidetti might give her a try at least for training already this summer.

• German starters in the middle of the net are getting older certainly - Ssuchke-Voigt is almost 31 years old, while Fürst is 29. Stefanie Karg who can join will be 28 in October. Both Berit Kauffeldt and injured Anja Brandt are 24 in this year, so they can be starters for next few years when Ssuchke and Fürst will retire, if Karg isn't in NT (or she also retires). And idea with Schaus as MB in NT is probably given up being unsuccessful, moreover she's also not young (30 in November).

From youngers mentioned were Leonie Schwertmann (20), Alessandra Jovy-Heusser (23 in September) and Rebecca Schäperklaus (tried also as OPP, 22 in July), however last two can be not so helpful for NT. What about Celin Stöhr, also not recommended as Jovy-Heusser and Schäperklaus or maybe a bit more skilled? There is also Melanie Keil, but she studies in the USA and I don't see her as a good choice for NT at all :whistle:

How about Silge's performance in DVL, Matthia? You see her as a great prospect ^^