Germany NT 2014

• According to an article of Schwerin newspaper, Denise Hanke wants to rest this summer and won't play in NT. Denise Imoudu was invited instead of her.

:aww: I don't think Imoudu is a great talent...and her basic skills still need A LOT of work...I'd have prefered Mareike Hindriksen there, but under these circumstances I think it's guaranteed anyway that Weiß and Apitz will be the main setters this summer and Möllers and Imoudu will play in EL.

:white: Germany needs hanke,she is important now its clear why apitz returns though.Imoudu cant be worse than möllers and she is young so its ok.

matthias do u know anything about training camp,friendly matches or the current situation of players?

• :white: Germany needs hanke,she is important now its clear why apitz returns though.Imoudu cant be worse than möllers and she is young so its ok.

matthias do u know anything about training camp,friendly matches or the current situation of players?

Imoudu is way worse than Möllers. Actually Magdalena Gryka should have been invited instead of her because she started over Imoudu in Junior NT...but sometimes it helps playing in the club of NT assistant coach :whistle:

Training camp starts 20 May, then the team will play Montreux, then Euro League already starts, after that WGP. Between WGP and WCH there will be friendly matches with Belgium and in the Netherlands. There shall also be friendly matches between EL and WGP but the opponent isn't known yet.

• Matthias, you're writing always bad news about Germany NT this year. First Sassi and now Nisi... ;( I really wonder what's next ? :lol:

About Nisi, I like so much her, she has a whole rest of the season of Eczacibasi, I don't understand her decision. :wacko:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Matthias, you're writing always bad news about Germany NT this year. First Sassi and now Nisi... ;( I really wonder what's next ? :lol:

About Nisi, I like so much her, she has a whole rest of the season of Eczacibasi, I don't understand her decision. :wacko:

Me too! I don't know what she's tired from.. she played 30% of the matches in Ecz

• Me too! I don't know what she's tired from.. she played 30% of the matches in Ecz

It's a bit strange indeed. I could imagine that this season was very hard for her because in most matches she could not play at all because of foreigner limit, so she didn't even have the chance to be on bench and enter during the match. Maybe she is mentally tired and a bit "sick" of volleyball and wants some time without it. But that's really just a guess...

• Maren Brinker talks about her thoughts about European League, World Champs. etc. (in German)
    http://www.volleyball-verband.…iewPage&coid=24134&cid=30

- This year, our main goal is the World Champs Final

- It will be though struggle with Poland in European League

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Maren Brinker talks about her thoughts about European League, World Champs. etc. (in German)
    http://www.volleyball-verband.…iewPage&coid=24134&cid=30

- This year, our main goal is the World Champs Final

- It will be though struggle with Poland in European League

The tournament itself. Not the WCH-final :win: (though she jokes, saying it would be great, winning the silver medal (after reaching the final of ECH, last year). :win:

Sorry, if I misinterpreted your post, but initially after reading your post, I thought Maren talked about the final of the WCH... ;)

• Denise Hanke is currently practising in Schwerin together with Kauffeldt, Weiß and Schwerin's NT players plus Lousi Souza and Janine Völker to prepare for NT training, so maybe after all she will be in NT this summer ?(
    There hasn't been any official statement yet...

• Denise Hanke is currently practising in Schwerin together with Kauffeldt, Weiß and Schwerin's NT players plus Lousi Souza and Janine Völker to prepare for NT training, so maybe after all she will be in NT this summer ?(
    There hasn't been any official statement yet...

Souza for german NT ? ?( and i'd be glad if hanke plays :)

• Now it's official, Denise Hanke declined the NT invitation for this summer due to personal reasons :( Denise Imoudu takes her place in the roster.

Saskia Hippe will also participate in the training starting on Tuesday, she recently had her first jumps on sand but I don't expect her to be playing anytime soon...also Lisa Izquierdo is still recovering from her ankle injury but she should be OK soon.

• The tournament itself. Not the WCH-final :win: (though she jokes, saying it would be great, winning the silver medal (after reaching the final of ECH, last year). :win:

Sorry, if I misinterpreted your post, but initially after reading your post, I thought Maren talked about the final of the WCH... ;)

Talking about WCH final is also not a 'dream' for germany,they r capable to do it.Plus this year geerties.laura,karg and lisa will have more roles in the team. :super:

• Now it's official, Denise Hanke declined the NT invitation for this summer due to personal reasons :( Denise Imoudu takes her place in the roster.

Saskia Hippe will also participate in the training starting on Tuesday, she recently had her first jumps on sand but I don't expect her to be playing anytime soon...also Lisa Izquierdo is still recovering from her ankle injury but she should be OK soon.

Its a pity that she wont compete this year but hope it will be good for hanke :flower: I think hippe will be ready for wch and izquierdo for european league. :)

• Hmm, That's not really nice to hear as a fan of Denise. But I would have done the same thing if my coach was still Guidetti and Weiss was invited too :whistle: Hanke has been a better setter than Weiss since around 2 or 3 years ago but under Guidetti's coaching policy, Weiss is his 1st choice. Honestly none of them played a decent season this year, perhaps it's time for Apitz as first.

Denise Imoudo never deserves a spot in senior NT yet, it should rather have given to Magdalena Gryka. It would have been more fair...

• I find the design pretty ugly to be honest :S The new shirt sponsor Stanno made a voting last year for NT jerseys of men and women and this design won but I really don't like it, especially those strange numbers...but well, as long as the team plays well I won't care too much :D