Germany NT 2014

• i didnt know that Brinker's reception was that bad....Turkey has played lots of matches against Germany and Brinker has been on the court nearly all the matches long and i dont remember her receiving that badly. she was ok or around being ok on my mind from some reasons..but now she as receiver looks like Neriman to my eyes :lol:

• Interesting article about Guidetti and the future of NT.

The key points:
    - Federation definitely wants to continue with Guidetti as coach until 2016 despite the disappointing WCH
    - Guidetti will ask himself the question "can I still help this team?" after analysing the tournament and then decide about his future
    - He says that he probably created too much pressure on the team with the goal of winning a medal
    - He says that it was a mistake to try and work all summer to have two equal setters, now he has "maybe one and a half"
    - He says that the team is "too nice", which on the one hand is their strength, but on the other hand "in other teams young players earn evil stares when they make a mistake and sometimes you have to be scared to become really good" :what:
    - Kozuch got a virus during an Asia trip in summer and couldn't prepare well for WCH because of it...
    - Fürst says that the team still holds together and is already talking a lot about what happened during the tournament and about the future.

In another article Guidetti says "there simply are teams that play better than us, that's reality". Quite many teams at the moment unfortunately :S

• He says that the team is "too nice",

The same for the Dutch team...Robin de Kruijf said in a paper: all of us are nice girls..too nice girls...we should be more angry/ tell the 'truth' to each other if necessary

• With Beier and Brinker they have no chance to make a big success...besides Kozuch's level has dropped quite a lot compared to the last three years. Weiss's time in NT is already over, so I assume that Guidetti will call Hanke back next year. Despite disappointing WCH I liked some of his decisions. I like Pettke for example. Obviously she's not even close to Furst but always does her job. I'm also very glad that Apitz finally became 1st setter. The OHs - :down: Brinker is too way unstable for an experienced starting OH and no mentions about Beier :aww:

• With Beier and Brinker they have no chance to make a big success...besides Kozuch's level has dropped quite a lot compared to the last three years. Weiss's time in NT is already over, so I assume that Guidetti will call Hanke back next year. Despite disappointing WCH I liked some of his decisions. I like Pettke for example. Obviously she's not even close to Furst but always does her job. I'm also very glad that Apitz finally became 1st setter. The OHs - :down: Brinker is too way unstable for an experienced starting OH and no mentions about Beier :aww:

It is no popular opinion, I know, but I don't agree about Beier. In my opinion she is a better player than Brinker.

• It is no popular opinion, I know, but I don't agree about Beier. In my opinion she is a better player than Brinker.

IMO Geerties is exactly the same kind of player as Beier...I know that she could still help the team in the back-line but her attacks are pretty embarrassing for an OH who's been starter for longer than 5 years. I kinda agree though. Beier is at least a bit more useful than Brinker. Actually none of them would have been starters if they play in Serbia or USA for example...

• Well, Beier is doing her job not so bad, she's rather deffensive OH who has to keep reception. She's of course weaker hitter, but she didn't disappoint so much. Meanwhile Brinker is playing really poor game, maybe she had 1-2 better matches as spiker, but she blocks a place for an offensive OH :wavy: I hope that Izquierdo, Weihenmaier or even Hippe can replace Maren if she doesn't improve.

Well, Beier can be compared to Molnar, but I don't know if it's not an exaggeration :S

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• :obey: eventually the END of this tragic team.Thanks guidetti for what u have done for this team,i dont thnik that he will go on cause he also realized tha he cant help this team anymore.There are so many wrong things in this team but also in german league.You cant expect big success when u full lots of useless foreing players and leep german ones in bench for gettin worse :whistle:
    I hope DVV finds an asian coach which fits perfect german team,and hope to see aggressive,powerful team :flower:

• It is no popular opinion, I know, but I don't agree about Beier. In my opinion she is a better player than Brinker.

I agree. In this WCH Beier has been our best OH and next to Fürst our best player overall. She's not spectacular and she made a few too many direct reception errors for my taste, but overall she did a good job, even in attack which is not really her strength.

The problem with Brinker (and Kozuch as well but not that extreme) is that she plays either VERY good or VERY bad and there is nothing in between. She can kill 5 balls in a row and then hit the next 5 far out. Jennifer Geerties has been disappointing for me as well, she is a solid backrow player but in attack she hasn't made any progress at all in the last year, she is not even on Beier's level now. I'm afraid she and Weihenmaier won't improve with Koslowski as coach in Schwerin :S I wish Guidetti had kept Izquierdo in the team longer this summer to see how she'll develop, she has been so strong in Dresden but never managed to show the same level in NT :S
    Also Lenka Dürr has been disappointing, Thomsen should have had more chances IMO...

However I'm sure Guidetti will continue :win: Without him we would have never won 2 ECH silver medals, he managed many times to make German team play beyond its limits, it can't always work but he'll be motivated to do better next year. I think with another coach many players would leave NT :S It's not like there are a whole bunch of world class coaches around just waiting for the job of Germany NT coach :whistle:

• Kozuch said after today's match that she and the team support Guidetti 100%. She also said that she has been suffering from a recurring disease since last summer and needed two surgeries since and she thanked the medical staff of NT to get her ready in time for WCH.

Guidetti invited the team for dinner after today's match and they'll start analysing the tournament there.

• Analyse like they did after grand prix for WCH :whistle: there is nothing left to analyse,their game style is enough for being in top 10 but never will be eneough for medal candidate or going to olympic games.Doing same thing and expectimg differemt result is the most useless thing i have ever heard.No matter what kozuch says guidetti doesnt believe he can make a big success with his tactics with this team :wavy:

• Analyse like they did after grand prix for WCH :whistle: there is nothing left to analyse,their game style is enough for being in top 10 but never will be eneough for medal candidate or going to olympic games.Doing same thing and expectimg differemt result is the most useless thing i have ever heard.No matter what kozuch says guidetti doesnt believe he can make a big success with his tactics with this team :wavy:

Who do you think that can replace Guidetti? :what: There is not a huge queue with full of good trainers who are willing to train German NT :aww: Despite of the fact that number of high level German players are very low, Germany reached final twice in last two editions yhanks to Guidetti :obey: I really don't get what is your problem about Gui :white:

• Next weekend Guidetti will meet DVV president Thomas Krohne to talk about the future.

Some more declarations of Guidetti: he says maybe he has become too soft, maybe he must make a 360° turnover in his attitude, maybe he must be more brave in working with other players, maybe life in NT must be less comfortable and beautiful for the players.

Many maybes and I don't support all of them. When I see all the drama in other European teams (Serbia, Turkey for example), I'd rather have a nice comfortable team that wins medals in ECH and constantly finishes top 10 in WCH because after all this is what the team can achieve. The real problems start much earlier, youth coaches simply don't manage to create top players like other European countries do. There is no Boskovic in Germany, as simple as that. We must live with the players we have and make the best out of that, and Guidetti has been doing a good job there. After all Germany still is among the top 5 European teams and that is a good result, even though more could have been possible with a better preliminary.

• maybe he must make a 360° turnover in his attitude,

360° turnover wouldn't make any change with her attitude :rolleyes: :lol:

• That's a clear message by Fürst and the other players: Guidetti should change his behaviour or..leave?

• So we see who is the real SMART :cheesy: it seems so clear that there is a problem in german team and just an 'idiot' wants to go on this : :whistle: germany already had been successful before guidetti and its no problem he leaves but a perfect thing for german team :flower:

• Already last year there have been rumors about a problem between Fürst and Guidetti that came up during the 12/13 club season with Vakifbank so obviously this was true. I'm not sure if I like what Fürst did, giving such an interview before Guidetti made a decision and talked with federation.
    We're not going to find a better coach, so I hope he and the team can sort out their problems.