Brazil NT 2014

• It seems our first competition will be Montreux.

Competitions (Senior)
    March 8-17 (Chile) - South American Games - Brazil is going with U18 team.
    May 27-June 1(Switzerland) - Montreux Volley Masters
    June 10-21 (Mexico) - Pan American Cup - Probably our junior or girls team.
    July 3-11 - Friendly matches
    July 25-August 24 - World Grand Prix
    September 23-October 12 - World Championship

Age Competitions
    U16: South American Championship (Peru) - July 14-20
    U18: Girls South American Championship (Peru) - September 15-30
    U20: Youth South American Championship (Colombia) - September 29-October 5
    U23: South American Championship (Colombia) - August 18-24
    U23 Pan American Cup (Peru) - September 5-14

• Thanks hana! I had no idea who we were going to play with. If it happens, these friendly are fit for a king. I was expecting a good oponent and USA is a great shot. I liked the idea from the get-go.

• Montreux Volley Masters
    First appearance: 1992 (BVC Volley Cup yet)
    Last appearance: 2013
    Appearances: 13 (1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2009 and 2013)
    Best result: 1 (1994, 1995, 2005, 2006, 2009 and 2013)
    Worst result: 6 (1992)
    Medals: gold (6), silver (2) and bronze (1)

World Grand Prix
    Appearances: 20
    First appearance: 1993 (Brazil only did not take part in the 1997 event)
    Last appearance: 2013
    Best result: 1 (1994, 1996, 1998, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009 and 2013)
    Worst result: 8 (2003)
    Medals: gold (9), silver (5) and bronze (1)

World Grand Prix head-to-head
    Pool C (Italy)
    Brazil 22 X 10 China (China is the second team we have played the most. Japan is the first – 35 times)
    Brazil 17 X 4 Italy
    Brazil 8 X 0 Dominican Republic

Pool D (Brazil) Ibirapuera, São Paulo :dance6:
    Brazil 11 X 8 USA
    Brazil 18 X 2 South Korea
    Brazil 14 X 11 Russia

Pool G (Thailand)
    Brazil X USA
    Brazil 8 X 0 Thailand
    Brazil X Dominican Republic

World Championship
    First appearance: 1956
    Last appearance: 2010
    Appearances: 14 (1956, 1960, 1962, 1970, 1974, 1978, 1982, 1986, 1990, 1994, 1998, 2002, 2006, 2010) Brazil missed Moscow (1952) and Tokyo (1967)
    Best result: 2 (1994, 2006 and 2010)
    Worst result: 15 (1974)
    Medals: silver (3)

I'm waiting opponents for Montreux and World Championship's head-to-head. If my memory serves me well, Dominican Republic is in Montreux and will be Brazil's first match-up.

We have tough match-ups in the preliminary round. As points are more important than victories and only 4 teams go ahead it will be hard to qualify. The system is as follows: if you beat Argelia in 3, 'congratulations! 3 points to you.' If you beat the best team in the world in 5, no way you deserve 3 like the other who beat Argelia because you almost lost the match. :wacko: 'Take 2 points to you and be happy!' This is a mess in my book.
    On the other hand, we have a very good warm-up to the World Championship. Brazil will take on 4 amongst its best opponents there. This will make us ready no matter the World Grand Prix Finals.

• Training champs start out on 1st April. There's no list yet. I guess it hangs on Vôlei Amil at Superleague. Almost all staff are in Amil. If they are knocked out of the League before the final, it's possible to have one just after their elimination. If Vôlei Amil is in the final, I gather we will have to wait the end of Superleague.

I think Zé will be very conservative this year. All the stars will be back and able to play. However Rio 2016 is the main goal ever, Brazil can't lose a competition with no loud uproar by fans and they don't want that.

It'll be hard for young players to find a place because the experienced players are really great and consistent.

I bet on Dani Lins and Fabíola at setter; Thaísa, Fabiana and Walewska at middle-blocker; Fabi and Camila Brait at libero; Jaque, Garay, Natália and Gabi* at wing-spiker; Sheilla and Tandara at opposite.
    *Gabi must take care because she is in a bad shape right now.

Anyway, for training champ the list will be larger. I bet on Bia and Carol at middle-blocker; Ivna at opposite; Ellen at wing-spiker.

• Why did Brazil finish so low in wgp 2003?

I follow volleyball since 2010 only but, as far as I know, when Marco Aurélio Motta took over as the headcoach he had disagreements with many important players and they decided to quit. He hasn't other choice than take on a list of young players and failed. At that time, Sheilla, Paula, Fabiana and Fabíola were very young and with no experience. Anyway, Sheilla, for instance, had her first experience thanks to this.

• I bet on Dani Lins and Fabíola at setter; Thaísa, Fabiana and Walewska at middle-blocker; Fabi and Camila Brait at libero; Jaque, Garay, Natália and Gabi* at wing-spiker; Sheilla and Tandara at opposite.
    *Gabi must take care because she is in a bad shape right now.

I really hope Tandara plays officialy as OH this year! She can even be on the main roster in some matches, who knows...
    Gabi really needs to take care...I have a feeling Zé Roberto will call Andréia and Ivna and they will fight for positions with Gabi.

• I really hope Tandara plays officialy as OH this year! She can even be on the main roster in some matches, who knows...
    Gabi really needs to take care...I have a feeling Zé Roberto will call Andréia and Ivna and they will fight for positions with Gabi.

But I really don't know if Andréia and Ivna will fight for position with Gabi, because both are OPP, and Gabi is OH.

Tandara probably will play as OH, she is more efficiency in this position and Zé Roberto knows that.

• But I really don't know if Andréia and Ivna will fight for position with Gabi, because both are OPP, and Gabi is OH.

Tandara probably will play as OH, she is more efficiency in this position and Zé Roberto knows that.

Zé Roberto knows it but he always calls Tandara for Sheilla's back up as OPP...I hope he finally realizes she needs to be OH. When I said Gabi will fight for position with Ivna and Andréia, I meant that with Tandara being OH, then Zé will probably want another OPP so in order to have 12 players, Gabi is the first to be lefted out.

• Given the Olympics is the precious and we are going to host it, I think it's safe to say Rio 2016 is the most important competition ever.
    Zé is aware of this and that's why he will only coach the national team now. He is planning on travelling to Italy, Turkey, Russia and Japan to study volleyball all around the world. He did it in the past but coaching. Now he is looking for private studies.

The staff's project is setting up around 140 matches throughout this quad. That's an ideal number they think is appropriate to work on every detail required to be competitive ar the Olympics.
    2013 was a great year because we've played 35 matches what makes just a quarter out of 140. It seems this year we are going to have fewer than that what makes the World Grand Prix Finals a goal too.

I have a list of our matches and opponents in 2013. It was great playing four times Russia and 3 times USA. I've missed the China who played preliminary round to find out how Zhu Ting would have played against us in the senior squad. Anyway, I gather our staff can already have an idea by Montreux.

Total: 35 matches
    Montreux Volley Masters (5 matches – 5 wins)
    Alassio Cup (3 matches – 3 wins)
    Friendly matches (3 matches – 3 wins)
    World Grand Prix (14 matches – 13 wins)
    South American Championship (5 matches – 5 wins)
    Grand Champions Cup – (5 matches – 5 wins)

Opponents
    4 matches: Russia and Netherlands
    3 matches: Dominican Republic, Japan and USA
    2 matches: China and Italy
    1 match: Argentina, Bulgaria, Chile, Colombia, Cuba, Kazakhstan, Peru, Puerto Rico, Poland, Serbia, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey and Venezuela

I guess the team we are going to play the most in 2014 is USA. This will give us a good prospect. :super:

• I do not know what I enjoy? ?? History shows one, but we'll see what happens Grand Prix and the World! :box: :box: :box: :box: :box:

• At this time, Russia could take the World Grand Prix's trophy and Brazil the World one. :D

I, for one, would like to see Obmochaeva getting blocked many times...

at least dreams are free .... Brazil will win the World Cup .... Again, you will remember and remember the nightmare of 2006 and 2010: RUSSIA! Will have to take if you've seen Obmochaeva will notice an improvement it! :heart: :heart: :heart: :box:

• at least dreams are free .... Brazil will win the World Cup .... Again, you will remember and remember the nightmare of 2006 and 2010: RUSSIA! Will have to take if you've seen Obmochaeva will notice an improvement it! :heart: :heart: :heart: :box:

She's great indeed. It's not easy to stop her and Brazil v Russia will be epic if they play another final. I just expect a different outcome now. :thumbup:

• She's great indeed. It's not easy to stop her and Brazil v Russia will be epic if they play another final. I just expect a different outcome now

I expect the Olympics to be first, but alas ...... :hit: :lol: :lol:

• He did it in the past but coaching. Now he is looking for private studies.

He actually already stayed one or two seasons (I think in 2007-2008 and in 2009-2010) without coaching any teams and did travel around the world to watch top league matches.