Russian NT 2014

• About Morozova, my sources are probably the same as yours. One day we read that she's fine. Next day, Marichev says that he's unsure about her health. Maybe Semisonic or other Russian member have better information about it.

There's no info on her anywhere. If something new will come up, I'll post it here of course.

• She was born in USSR's Uzbekistan republic. When Soviet Union collapsed her family moved to Russia because they are Russian. She began to play volleyball in Cherepovets, Russia. No nationalizing there.

Spasivo :drink:

• I also forgot to mention, IMO Podskalnaya will be in Italy since she has a really good serve and Morozova is a weak server, so someone has to replace her just as Dianskaya did.

Well to be fair, most of the Russian players have a weak serve often opting for the "simple" float serve. Among the MBs I noticed Fetisova's service is really hard to receive. Incidentally, whenever it is Startseva's time to serve, I notice the team can rack up multiple points on her serve. Gone are the days of Sheshenina's jump serves and of course, Godina is probably the best Russia has produced when it comes to service (WCH 2006 comes to mind). Do you guys agree that Pasynkova has the "best' serve/server on the current Russian team?

• Well to be fair, most of the Russian players have a weak serve often opting for the "simple" float serve. Among the MBs I noticed Fetisova's service is really hard to receive. Incidentally, whenever it is Startseva's time to serve, I notice the team can rack up multiple points on her serve. Gone are the days of Sheshenina's jump serves and of course, Godina is probably the best Russia has produced when it comes to service (WCH 2006 comes to mind). Do you guys agree that Pasynkova has the "best' serve/server on the current Russian team?

Well yeah but Morozova's is like giving a free ball.. Startseva has a good serve, Pankova does too.. I have commented about Fetisova's serve before, indeed all opponents have a hard time receiving it. It doesn't look to hard, nothing spectacular, but it looks like I'll have to try and receive it to get the point :lol:

And I don't get what you are trying to say about Pasynkova

• Well yeah but Morozova's is like giving a free ball.. Startseva has a good serve, Pankova does too.. I have commented about Fetisova's serve before, indeed all opponents have a hard time receiving it. It doesn't look to hard, nothing spectacular, but it looks like I'll have to try and receive it to get the point :lol:

And I don't get what you are trying to say about Pasynkova

I hate to admit it but you are right about Morozova's serve :lol: Re Pasynkova, especially the Final round of WGP, her serves have helped saved the team a couple of times (Turkey, China) and I remember even Brazil was having trouble receiving her serves :whistle:

• Well yeah but Morozova's is like giving a free ball.. Startseva has a good serve, Pankova does too.. I have commented about Fetisova's serve before, indeed all opponents have a hard time receiving it. It doesn't look to hard, nothing spectacular, but it looks like I'll have to try and receive it to get the point :lol:

I hate to admit it but you are right about Morozova's serve :lol: Re Pasynkova, especially the Final round of WGP, her serves have helped saved the team a couple of times (Turkey, China) and I remember even Brazil was having trouble receiving her serves :whistle:

Well that jump floater is really helping her. Startseva too, they now serve much more efficient than before. Although I don't like this new trend of serving jump floaters. Not only there aren't much jump floaters anymore, but standing floaters are replaced with jump floaters. For someone it can work better as mentioned, but for some it simply doesn't like for Kosheleva or Feretti.

• Interview with Fetisova with R-sport:

http://www.russiavolley.com/54…sed-to-receive-the-award/

- A month later, the World Championship will begin. The main
    goal of the Russian team is to claim the third champion title in a row.
    Yulia Morozova will join the team after the Grand Prix, and possibly,
    Shlyakhovaya will return from injury, you have to fight for a place in
    the World Championship, what is your point? Do you think you will be
    able to take part in it?

- I will work hard and do what I can, and the coach will decide who will go to the World Championship.

^So it seems Morozova is now healthy and Shlyakhovaya is the one in question if we were to base on the accuracy of the report. Once and for all, can Marichev just clear the issue (or lack thereof) with the two Russian MBs :teach:

• Updating news about the Russian MB's.

According to her agent, Nastya Shlyakhovaya is recovered. During the WGP she trained under an individual program at Omsk and now, apparently, she's ready to play. He also made brief remarks about Morozova and Kutyukova:
    http://www.rsport.ru/volleyball/20140828/768372433.html

Morozova's case, though, looks more uncertain than the statement by her agent allows to presume. Leonid Zaiko declared yesterday that Yulia spent the entire vacation recovering from a back injury but, unfortunately, in her return to training with D. Moscow at Croatia, the injury reappeared:
    http://vldinamo.ru/news/leonid_nikolaevich_z1409204282/

Zaiko added that he hope to see Morozova recovered at the beginning of the club season. He didn't mention the upcoming WCH. Let's wait.

• So Shlyakhovaya will be back :thumbsup: pity that Morozova has back problems ;(

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• My Rússia NT for WCH 2014:

Kosianenko - Startseva

Gamova - Ombochaeva - Malykh

Sokolova - Kosheleva - Pasynkova - Kutyukova

Morozova - Shlyakhovaya - Fetisova

Malova - Kryuchkova

• Sad news about Morozova :( On the upside, we have Shlyakhovaya back and she should be 1st MB. Fetisova seems to be good replacement for Morozova blocking wise and should be the other starter. I think Marichev will only bring three MBs this time and I'm still unsure who Marichev will bring for last slot (Zaryazkho perhaps?).

• Folks, have noticed that KRIVETS is included in the roster at the FIVB page? Is it a new sign that Morozova is really in risk of not playing?

About Inc0gnito's remarks, though I like Fetisova a lot, I don't see her with the potential to be a starter yet.
    In Morozova's absence, the starter will probably be Podskalnaya. And I believe Marichev will take 4 MB's with him. The big question is who will be the fourth one.

• So we have a choice of 7 MBs: Morozova, Shlyakhovaya, Podskalnaya, Fetisova, Moroz, Zaryazhko and Krivets. Morozova is not ready and I think that Moroz with Krivets are out, so rest 4 should play in Italy. If Marichev takes 3, I'd cut Zaryazhko.

S and L are certain and last 6 players for WS slots should be Gamova, Malykh, Kosheleva, Obmochaeva, Pasynkova and Sokolova/Kutyukova. Taking 7th WS last one can be Shcherban.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Folks, have noticed that KRIVETS is included in the roster at the FIVB page? Is it a new sign that Morozova is really in risk of not playing?

About Inc0gnito's remarks, though I like Fetisova a lot, I don't see her with the potential to be a starter yet.
    In Morozova's absence, the starter will probably be Podskalnaya. And I believe Marichev will take 4 MB's with him. The big question is who will be the fourth one.

I don't think Podskalnaya will be a starter, just because Fetisova is a great blocker as well as Morozova. Her lack of attack may cause them problems, but I don;t think it will be big because of the return of Gamova.. the problem with Podskalnaya's block is bigger IMO

• USAvolleyfan, I agree that Fetisova is a very good blocker, but I find her still too raw. She's only 19. And let's remember that Podskalnaya improved her block in the final round of the WGP, and that's what made my faith on her increase. Anyway, Marichev will have the entire first round to try the players and check the better options.

About Zaryazhko, I know that she's still young, and so now it'd be premature to make a definite statement about the level of her game.

But there's a mental exercise I like doing with youngsters that is to compare they development over a period of time, to try to presume if they'll more likely keep improving or not.

So, if we take the newcomers in the team at the Montreaux 2013 and compare their performances with Montreaux 2014, will see that, for example, while Malykh and Shlyakhovaya have showed a great improvement, Zaryazhko looks pretty much stagnated. She is still struggling with her service – let's recall that Marichev changed the service of most of the players and they all adapted well, except Zarya. Plus, she's still making the same misjudgments in her blocking, and her attack has impoverished – though this last aspect is more caused by the lack of decent reception than her fault.

So, again, is early to make a final judgment, but, maybe, we're believing that Zarya is a better player than what she actually is.

• Zé apologized to Gamova for what he said and hopes to put and end in this story.

He said:

- I think she was extremely polite in her reply. It was one of those moments that I think I missed the opportunity to remain quiet. It was a comment I made in the mixed zone, was not during an interview, and someone with big ears heard and published. But it was a moment that I should have kept my mouth shut. She's right, I even apologize to her for it. What will happen to her and the Russian team is none of my business. So really it was a moment that I had to have kept quiet, but it happened - recognized Zé Roberto.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/…dade-de-ficar-calado.html