Russian NT 2014

• So Natalia Dianskaya is not called.. she is back from her injury isn't she?

Yes, she is back. And played in the third match against Kazan.

• Russia already has a nationalized player, Obmochaeva.

I know this has been explained before but could someone clarify? Does it make any difference if the player was naturalized from a youth team? I know that Obmochaeva played for the Ukranian youth teams but did she ever play for the senior NT? Also, does that make any difference or not in the rules?

• I'm kinda lost as well with this issue. For instance, if a player gets a citizen of other nationality but never gets call to her new nationality, does not avoid her to be part of her origin country, Maryukhnich for exeample, she has not been selected to Russua, is she avaibke to play for Ukraine, because in my mind a second citinzhip does not make you lost your born one.

• I'm kinda lost as well with this issue. For instance, if a player gets a citizen of other nationality but never gets call to her new nationality, does not avoid her to be part of her origin country, Maryukhnich for exeample, she has not been selected to Russua, is she avaibke to play for Ukraine, because in my mind a second citinzhip does not make you lost your born one.

As far as I know Maryukhnich has been playing for Ukraine together with Kozlova last year in WCHQ. I don't think Marina is naturalized

• When did rules change?
    For example, in WCH2006, Peru played with to nationalized players: Elena Keldibekova and Natalia Romanova.
    Both players borned in Kazakstan and never played in senior team. But they played together on court.

• When did rules change?
    For example, in WCH2006, Peru played with to nationalized players: Elena Keldibekova and Natalia Romanova.
    Both players borned in Kazakstan and never played in senior team. But they played together on court.

The best example is the Italian NT. You can have only one naturalized player in the team that played in their first NT. That's the case with Taismary Aguero or Carolina Costagrande. Carol could play in the Italian NT only when Aguero stopped playing. And now when Aguero is back, you can't have Costagrande. BUT, it's different with for example Indre Sorokaite. She never played for Lithuanian NT, so it was ok to have her and Costa both playing in Italian NT. Joana posted some official rules sometime ago, I think in the Italian NT 2013 topic. If I remember it right, you can have more naturalized players in the NT, but only when they never played in their born-country NT.

• The best example is the Italian NT. You can have only one naturalized player in the team that played in their first NT. That's the case with Taismary Aguero or Carolina Costagrande. Carol could play in the Italian NT only when Aguero stopped playing. And now when Aguero is back, you can't have Costagrande. BUT, it's different with for example Indre Sorokaite. She never played for Lithuanian NT, so it was ok to have her and Costa both playing in Italian NT. Joana posted some official rules sometime ago, I think in the Italian NT 2013 topic. If I remember it right, you can have more naturalized players in the NT, but only when they never played in their born-country NT.

Yes, well as far as I understand the rule...I think it is like that...if a player never played for any NT category from her born country, like Sorokaite, that is no limit.

If a player has played for her born country NT, it depends if she played for adult team or only young category. Cause the rule says, and I quote: "Only one player having previously played for another national team of the same age category can be part of a team, for a given event."

As far as I know Obmochaeva never played for Ukraine Adult team, so should not be a problem. Calderon would be the only player in the same age category to have played for a different team.

• Obmochaeva did play for Ukraine senior NT (for example ECH qualifier 2008 ), so it's not possible that she and Calderon both play in Russia NT.

Maryukhnich is Russian citizen, but she also played for Ukraine, otherwise I'm sure she would have been in Russia NT in the last few years.

Natalia Dianskaya has recovered from her injury but she only played the last match because of Maryukhnich's injury, Dianskaya is still far from her best shape. Maybe she can join NT later in the summer but right now it wouldn't make sense to call her.

• So they'll have to choose in future - Obmochaeva or Calderon, IMHO it's hard and not obvious choice ^^ another thing is for me too strict rules about naturalized players - 2 for each country would be ok.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• So they'll have to choose in future - Obmochaeva or Calderon, IMHO it's hard and not obvious choice ^^ another thing is for me too strict rules about naturalized players - 2 for each country would be ok.

There was no limit until Croatia in the late 90s played with several ex-USSR/Russia NT players (Kirillova, Chebukina, Sidorenko, Likhtenstein). As far as I remember the limit was introduced for 2000 Olympics, in the qualification all four naturalized players played and in the Olympics only one was allowed and Ivica Jelic chose Chebukina.

• There was no limit until Croatia in the late 90s played with several ex-USSR/Russia NT players (Kirillova, Chebukina, Sidorenko, Likhtenstein). As far as I remember the limit was introduced for 2000 Olympics, in the qualification all four naturalized players played and in the Olympics only one was allowed and Ivica Jelic chose Chebukina.

It was definitely overusing naturalized players, but now they're seriously too strict :mad:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I think current regulations are pretty fair. Otherwise rich federations would try to buy good players in order to win important international tournaments. However, I think olympic games or world championships mustn't be something you can buy :whistle:

• Limit are ok but i dont think it would hurt to extend to the teams from 1 to 2 naturalize players.

Honestly with/without naturalization limit there will always be 20-30% good teams and 70-80% teams who suck

• Limit are ok but i dont think it would hurt to extend to the teams from 1 to 2 naturalize players.

Honestly with/without naturalization limit there will always be 20-30% good teams and 70-80% teams who suck

True, but now there are the chances that some great players such as Montanõ who come from countries with weaker teams such as Colombia will be more invested into by countries, and this could make the upper 20% even more distinct? (not sure about wording choice) from the bottom 70% who will continue to sink because those players will want to move countries with a better team IMO.

• That's why countries need to improve their conditions to prolong their star players to stay with them besides even if they are not allowed to play for another nt that does not mean then will choose to play for their own nt, some will just play in club competitions but not nt ;)

• That's why countries need to improve their conditions to prolong their star players to stay with them besides even if they are not allowed to play for another nt that does not mean then will choose to play for their own nt, some will just play in club competitions but not nt ;)

I'm okay with athletes playing in club for other countries as some leagues are weak and some countries do not offer a league. But allowing more them to play for other NT's? Cuba's team would just not exist anymore :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 1Nelli Alisheva 20.12.1983Proton
    3Anastasia Bavykina 06.07.1992Zarechie Odintsovo
    4Irina Zaryazhko 04.10.1991 Uralochka-NTMK
    6Yulia Kutyukova 30.03.1989 Omichka Omsk
    7Yana Shcherban 06.09.1989 Dinamo-Krasnodar
    9Anastasia Markova 16.10.1987 Dinamo Moscow
    10Ekaterina Kosianenko (Pankova) 02.02.1990 Zarechie-Odinzovo
    12Elena Novik 23.03.1994 Proton
    14Irina Fetisova 07.09.1994 Zarechie Odintsovo
    17Natalia Malykh 08.12.1993 Zarechie-Odinzovo
    18Ekaterina Chernova 26.01.1986 Uralochka
    19Anna Malova 16.04.1990 Dinamo Moscow