Russian NT 2014

• Well Gamova is learning English (as she said in one interview) and she also writes most of her posts on facebook in Russian and English. And probably a couple of more players may know it too, they just don't want to talk in English.
    Sokolova surely knows Italian.

• Russian players who played in Jeltsin cup returned back home right away after the award ceremony yesterday and they will gather just 3 days later (17th, July) in Anapa. Kosheleva and Obmochaeva will be there as well. (Not sure about Julia Morozova) They are planning to train all together for the upcoming WGP. 1st round in Ankara (Turkey), 2nd round in Brazil, 3rd round they will play home (Kaliningrad).

The entire rosters are as follows. Players with bold have a high chance to be included in the 14 players for WGP.

Setters : Ekaterina Pankova-Kosianenko(Moscow) Evgeniya Starsteva(Kazan) Anna Matienko(Ekaterinburg)
    OPPs : Nataliya Goncharova-Obmochaeva(Moscow) Natalia Malykh(Odintsovo) Nelly Alisheva(Proton)
    MBs : Julia Sedova-Morozova(Moscow) Anastasia Syhlyakhovaya(Omsk) Irina Zaryazhko(Ekaterinburg) Julia Podskalnaya(Krasnodar) Irina Fetisova(Odintsovo)
    OHs : Alexandra Pasynkova(Krasnodar) Tatiana Kosheleva(Krasnodar) Julia Kutiukova(Omsk) Jana Scherban(Krasnodar) Anastasia Bavykina(Odintsovo) Anastasia Markova(Moscow)
    Liberos : Svetlana Kryuchkova(Krasnodar) Anna Malova(Moscow) Ekaterina Chernova(Ekaterinburg) Natalia Guskova(Fakel)

• Scherban and Shlyakhovaya were able to play in Jeltsin cup with a minor injury however Marichev didn't want to take any risks so that's why there were out of roster. Both of them will join team's training today in Anapa and will definitely play in the 1st round of WGP. He said that if they played, Russia would have won the title :D But overall it was a great chance to observe other players and they discovered Fetisova and Podskalnaya.

Also Pankova(Now she's Kosianenko)'s dad Vadim Pankov also works as Marichev's assistant coach in NT.

• I think in the first round of the Grand Prix, the first six Marichev will rely on

Obmochaeva, Kosianenko, Malova & Kryuchkova, Kosheleva, Shterban and Shlyakhovaya & Zyaryazhko :)

• Julia Morozova will not play in the WGP.

Players who are training in Anapa are as follows :

S - Kosianenko, Startseva
    OPPs - Obmochaeva, Malykh, Aliseva
    MBs - Podskalnaya, Shlyakhovaya, Zaryazhko, Fetisova
    OHs - Pasynkova, Kosheleva, Scherban, Bavykina, Kutiukova
    Liberos - Malova, Kryuchkova

3 of those won't make the cut, It should be a rough decision since many of them have played very well so far...IMO Aliseva,Zaryazhko and Kutiukova will be out for the 1st round in Ankara. Let's see.

• Agree. Bavykina was basically the strongest weapon during the whole matches of Jelstin cup, so I think she can be a good back-up for Kosheleva. Besides Kosha doesn't always play good, so Bavykina could possibly make her chances to play.

Both Scherban and Kutiukova were very impressive in Montreux volley cup but I'm kinda doubtful if they can continue to play like that against stronger teams.

I totally agree with the rest. Podskalnaya is a great slider attacker and she seems to be very energetic which this young russian team needs. Nastya Sylakhovaya is also a great slide attacker but as she showed last year, she attacks better in front of her setter.

• While 3 players ?( we have 16 on this list, do they want to take 13 on WGP? I'd take 14, first to be out is Alisheva, second one is Zaryazhko (not as impressive as she was before injury unfortunately) and the third one is the toughest choice because Bavykina, Kutyukova and Shcherban should get chances to play in WGP: Bavykina is strong spiker, Kutyukova the best receiver, while Shcherban is the most balanced, it's hard to choose the worst :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Yes, It's 2, sorry. I thought the roster was filled with 17 players then I checked and It's 16.

Zaryazhko somehow wasn't so convincing whereas Fetisova, Podskalnaya making their great debut...besides Shlyakhovaya holds her spot for sure.

• Yes, It's 2, sorry. I thought the roster was filled with 17 players then I checked and It's 16.

Zaryazhko somehow wasn't so convincing whereas Fetisova, Podskalnaya making their great debut...besides Shlyakhovaya holds her spot for sure.

Then Alisheva and Zaryazhko probably out, I'd take all 5 OHs, because everyone deserves for a spot ^^

• If all of those five, or even some of them play as good as previously, It would mean Sokolova is not needed anymore for good.

I thought Russia would have a big problem on OH position after retirement of Sokolova and Estes and apparently there's nothing to worry about it. Well, it really looked bad enough though...Kuzutkin gave chances to Fateeva, Bondar(Naumova), Markova, Makarova and some others and all of them were so inconsistent. Marichev is a very good coach IMO, he has good views of seeing players. Last year he discovered Shlyakhovaya, Malykh, Malova, Pankova(Kosianenko) and Zaryazhko and he reinvited Pasynkova and Chaplina to NT then she helped the team quite a lot. This year his new players are Fetisova, Podskalnaya, Bavykina, Scherban and Kutyukova and they've been playing great.

• If all of those five, or even some of them play as good as previously, It would mean Sokolova is not needed anymore for good.

I thought Russia would have a big problem on OH position after retirement of Sokolova and Estes and apparently there's nothing to worry about it. Well, it really looked bad enough though...Kuzutkin gave chances to Fateeva, Bondar(Naumova), Markova, Makarova and some others and all of them were so inconsistent. Marichev is a very good coach IMO, he has good views of seeing players. Last year he discovered Shlyakhovaya, Malykh, Malova, Pankova(Kosianenko) and Zaryazhko and he reinvited Pasynkova and Chaplina to NT then she helped the team quite a lot. This year his new players are Fetisova, Podskalnaya, Bavykina, Scherban and Kutyukova and they've been playing great.

Agree, Marichev gave a new breath for the team with all these players ^^

• I forgot to add : The most successful work of him - Kicking Borodakova out :rolll: She can't even dream of playing as good as Shlyakhovaya or Morozova...

• I forgot to add : The most successful work of him - Kicking Borodakova out :rolll: She can't even dream of playing as good as Shlyakhovaya or Morozova...

Now we can see Shlyakhovaya, Fetisova, Podskalnaya or Zaryazhko, all more perspective and useful than Borodakova :lol:

• And all of them are way younger than Borodakova who can't even easily move due to her weight...no offence, but she doesn't seem like a sportswoman...

• My Rússia National Team for Word Grand Prix 2014 and World Championship 2014:

S - Kosianenko - Startseva

OH - Kosheleva - Pasynkova - Scherban - - Kutiukova - Sokolova (only in WCH, Kutiukova out)

OPP - Obmochaeva - Malykh - Gamova (Only in WCH, Malykh out)

MB - Shlyakhovaya - Morozova - Fetisova

L - Malova - Kryuchkova

:super:

• i think it'd be early to announce these players as great. we have to see their performances at tournaments like WGP,WCH,CL,ECH etc.. :whistle:

Gamova has already had WcH..i dont think she will be back for another WCH title...except for OG..

• I would like to see Alisheva playing more in NT, but Marichev didn't give her many chances, maybe because she is not young as Natalia Malykh.

In the middle, I think Zaryazkko is not playing as good as she can, mainly after her recovering, but she is still so young and can improve a lot, Shlyakhovaya played pretty good last season as well as Podskanaya played the play-offs in Krasnodar, and Fetisova is not prepared for a place in NT yet, maybe in two years.