Serbia NT 2014

• Players that can be called :

S : Maja Ognjenovic, Ana Antonijevic, Bojana Zivkovic, Danica Radenkovic
    OPPs : Jovana Brakocevic, Ana Bjelica, Ivana Nesovic
    OHs : Jelena Nikolic, Brizitka Molnar, Sanja Malagurski, Tijana Malesevic, Brankica Mihajlovic, Jovana Vesovic, Jelena Blagojevic, Sara Klisura
    MBs : Natasa Krsmanovic, Stefana Veljkovic, Milena Rasic, Nadja Ninkovic, Jovana Stevanovic, Maja Savic
    Liberos : Suzana Cebic, Silvia Popovic, Jasna Majstrovic, Nina Rosic

Hopefully Ana will accept Terzic's invitation this year and get to play. She totally deserves it.

• Preliminary squad:

S:
    Maja Ognjenovic
    Ana Antonijevic
    Bojana Zivkovic
    Danica Radenkovic
    Sladjana Mirkovic

OPP:
    Jovana Brakocevic
    Ana Bjelica
    Tijana Boskovic

OH:
    Jelena Nikolic
    Brankica Mihajlovic
    Brizitka Molnar
    Sanja Malagurski
    Tijana Malesevic
    Bianka Busa

MB:
    Natasa Krsmanovic
    Stefana Veljkovic
    Milena Rasic
    Nadja Ninkovic
    Jovana Stevanovic
    Maja Savic

L:
    Suzana Cebic
    Silvija Popovic

Again no Blagojevic. :thumbdown: I don't know what Terzic's deal with her is.
    He announced we would have some new players this year, but I don't see them, I doubt Boskovic and Busa will play at major competitions this year.

• Again no Vesovic no Blagojevic? I think they are better than Molnar...

I really admire Maja, but I'd love to see Ana as main setter this year. She's always been a very fun setter to watch and one of the best active setters in the world right now. She totally deserves it! Zivkovic is not so bad, but too ordinary I'd say.

Both Antonijevic and Veljkovic must be staying on bench again due to the fact that Serbia have a lot of good players... Ana is behind Maja and Stefana is behind Krsmanovic and Rasic. Too bad.

• Terzic seems to have a problem with Blagojevic, even when he does pick her, she never gets off the bench. Antonijevic will be useful because Zivkovic as a 2nd setter is just so average, but Terzic always insists on bringing her on from time to time.

I think it is a very strong squad, the only real weakness are the OHs. Mihajlovic is good, but last year Molnar and Nikolic were both poor, which was really shown up when Mihajlovic got injured in the ECH.

• Serbian NT will have to do without Ana Antonijevic once again this year. She has previously stated that she's eager to play, but that it all depends on the state of her Achilles tendon and MR scans. Obviously, the results weren't positive since she withdrew again.

• Serbian NT will have to do without Ana Antonijevic once again this year. She has previously stated that she's eager to play, but that it all depends on the state of her Achilles tendon and MR scans. Obviously, the results weren't positive since she withdrew again.

WOW again.. i feel so sad about her.. she deserved to be a starter this year.. How is she always playing club season and not making it till the summer

• So, the setters will be Ognjenovic and Zivkovic again :S I feel really sorry for Ana. I think she's already the best setter in Europe...

• I think Krsmanovic's spot is also safe since she's probably the only slider attacker among the roster. Both Veljkovic and Rasic don't play slide attacks that much.

If I were Terzic, I would make the roster like this :

S : Ognjenovic, Radenkovic (I definitely would call Ana Antonijevic but she's once again not healthy at all)
    OPPs : Brakocevic, Bjelica
    MBs : Krsmanovic, Rasic, Veljkovic, Stevanovic
    OHs : Blagojevic, Malagurski, Malesevic, Mihajlovic (Blagojevic will never be called and Nikolic will be there obviously :aww: )
    L : Cebic, Rosic

Jovana Stevanovic played a fantastic season in Italy so she absolutely deserves a spot even though it doesn't mean she will be a starter.
    I think Nikolic's time on NT is already over, I do not see her space at all. Terzic should have called 2 defensive OHs (Tijana and Blago), 2 offensive ones (Sanja and Brankica).

Radenkovic for Zivkovic is just my opinion. I don't really like Zivkovic.

• I agree with your chouce but I think Ninkovic deserves to be a starter over Natasa Krsmanovic. I mean MB are all great, tough competition there but....

• WOW again.. i feel so sad about her.. she deserved to be a starter this year.. How is she always playing club season and not making it till the summer

I guess playing in a not so demanding league helps there. Maybe that's also why signed with Volero now.

I'm not sure about Nikolic. Her last match in Vakifbank was very good, we'll see if it was her swan song or a sign that she still has some good volleyball left in her. If so, she could be useful for another season.

As far as the MBs are concerned, I'm pretty sure we'll see the Rasic-Krsmanovic starting duo like always, Terzic is stubborn like that, even though I'd like to see more variation there.

• Hmm, I obviously prefer Krsmanovic than any other MBs yet. I love both Stefana and Milena, also Jovana Stevanovic, but still Krsmanovic is the MB who brings calmness in the match. She's not so aggressive neither makes powerful gestures (for example like Ssuschke, Aelbrecht, Karg or Arrighetti) during the match but always does her job very well quietly...

Ninkovic is a fine player but she doesn't really convince me. Perhaps she should leave Volero and play in stronger league...

• I do not think thats Ana...I only see Bjelica, Rasic, Zivkovic, Maleševic, Ninkovic and Fürst. Fürst made it to Belgrad to participate in Jovana's wedding. :thumbup:

• congrats to Jovana... who are the invited players?
    i just recongnise Fürst..and the others?

From left to right: Don't know her name, she is/was a volleyball player, took part in a reality show Big Brother I think; Ana Antonijevic IMO; don't know her; Bjelica; Zivkovic; Ninkovic; Rasic; Malesevic; Furst... Cebic was her godmother

• From left to right: Don't know her name, she is/was a volleyball player, took part in a reality show Big Brother I think; Ana Antonijevic IMO; don't know her; Bjelica; Zivkovic; Ninkovic; Rasic; Malesevic; Furst... Cebic was her godmother

thx..usavolley second from the left could be Nesovic?