Serbia NT 2014

• She looks so hot on these pictures :rose: :heart: :D

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• 'Zato sam odlučila da produžim ugovor na naredne dve godine.'
    Does it mean she will stay in Police for 2 more seasons?

Yes. She says she enjoys living in Poland very much and is really happy there.
    She also talks about her boyfriend, former water polo player Danilo Ikodinovic, whom she calls her soulmate. It's also nice to read that she feels great on a volleyball court again, no more talk about early retirement. :thumbsup: In fact, she wants to keep in touch with volleyball even when she retires as a player, so perhaps she'll be a coach for the kids. And as a player, she still has the ambition to with an Olympic medal and Champions League.

It was a nice read. She seems happy indeed.

Her boyfriend was one of the world's best water polo players and won multiple Olympic/World/European medals with Serbian NT before his career was cut short by a horrific motorbike accident just before the Beijing Olympics in 2008, when he almost lost his arm. He was also married to a very (in)famous/scandalous singer and their marriage and subsequent divorce were all over tabloids here for years. Nowadays he does seem much more stable and mature.

• Jovana Brakocević is out of World Grand Prix :( Her shoulder is still injured, so Terzic decided to let her rest and get some treatment. She left the camp few days ago. They'll examine her after the WGP and then we'll see if she's healthy enough to play World Champs.

• Jovana Brakocević is out of World Grand Prix :( Her shoulder is still injured, so Terzic decided to let her rest and get some treatment. She left the camp few days ago. They'll examine her after the WGP and then we'll see if she's healthy enough to play World Champs.

Poor Jovana ;( so Bjelica will probably become a starter, now that's question who will be her backup, maybe Boskovic ?(

• Oh my.. She better be ready for WCH.. If not then I'd take Sanja as OPP.. Boskovic is wayyy to young to play WCH

For WCH Boskovic is too young, but she can get some chances in WGP. Anyway, first option as alternate for Bjelica can be Malagurski who had played as OP before ^^

• For WCH Boskovic is too young, but she can get some chances in WGP. Anyway, first option as alternate for Bjelica can be Malagurski who had played as OP before ^^

Yeah, yeah.. I was talking about WCH. In WGP Boskovic can get a chance.. I am still wondering why is there no Stevanovic.. I mean she had a great great season in Italy, and there is Savic who is also a very good MB but did not do anything special in Serbia this year..

• Yeah, yeah.. I was talking about WCH. In WGP Boskovic can get a chance.. I am still wondering why is there no Stevanovic.. I mean she had a great great season in Italy, and there is Savic who is also a very good MB but did not do anything special in Serbia this year..

Isn't Saviç MB2? Serbia has enough MB1, that's why they might want someone who is playing as MB2 :whistle:

• Isn't Saviç MB2? Serbia has enough MB1, that's why they might want someone who is playing as MB2 :whistle:

Stevanovic usually plays with slide attacks but also can play well in front of her setter. I don't think generalizing MB1 and MB2 is that important, most MBs can play both usually. (It's just their preference and both Milena and Stefana are a bit slow to play slide attacks but they still can...)

• Isn't Saviç MB2? Serbia has enough MB1, that's why they might want someone who is playing as MB2 :whistle:

Well Stevanovic is a good slide attacker, they also have Ninkovic who is a slide attacker..

Wow guys.. I now went to see the roster on FIVB and Stevanovic is there! I don't know why did I and others think she wasn't there..

For the record Terzic announced the roster for the first weekend

Setters: MAJA OGNJENOVIĆ (HEMIK POLICE, POLJSKA) I BOJANA ŽIVKOVIĆ (ILERBANKAŠI ISTANBUL, TURSKA).

Opposites: SANJA MALAGURSKI (MOLIKO OSASKO, BRAZIL) I ANA BJELICA (HEMIK POLICE, POLJSKA).

Liberos: SUZANA ĆEBIĆ (LOKOMOTIVA BAKU, AZERBEJDŽAN) I SILVIJA POPOVIĆ (VOLERO CIRIH, ŠVAJCARSKA).

Middle Blockers: NATAŠA KRSMANOVIĆ (RABITA BAKU, AZERBEJDŽAN), MILENA RAŠIĆ (KAN, FRANCUSKA), STEFANA VELJKOVIĆ (GALATASARAJ ISTANBUL, TURSKA) I NAĐA NINKOVIĆ (VOLERO CIRIH, ŠVAJCARSKA).

Outside hitters: JELENA NIKOLIĆ (VAKIFBANK ISTANBUL, TURSKA), BRANKICA MIHAJLOVIĆ (UNILEVER, BRAZIL), BRIŽITKA MOLNAR (ATOM TREFL SOPOT, POLJSKA) I TIJANA MALEŠEVIĆ (AGEL
    PROSTEJOV, ČEŠKA).

As I said, Malugurski there as OPP

• Honestly I'm tired of seeing the same faces such as Nikolic and Molnar every single tournament...and I'm sure Sanja will play as starter and Ana will stay at bench.

• Honestly I'm tired of seeing the same faces such as Nikolic and Molnar every single tournament...and I'm sure Sanja will play as starter and Ana will stay at bench.

I am also tired.. I don't know about Jelena's shape but Molnar has to go.. She has nothing to offer to this team.. Serbia has to find a solid receiver, some of the younger players.. I am surprised not to see Kecman or Bursac, they can pass good..
    About Ana I don't agree.. Maybe your right, Sanja may start but I would like to see Ana.. She has played a the starting opposite for quite some time and had a good season in Poland, and Sanja did not.. I would give more experience to Ana since Sanja is going up and down this last years..

• Terzic has a tendency to prefer older players with more experience, let's see. I also hope Ana will play as starter, you know :roll:

Nikolic has NOTHING to offer for this team, you're totally right. She used to be a real bomb for Serbia like 6 years ago but now she's just a mediocre player without any specific skills. Mihajlovic and Malagurski are better attackers than her and Malesevic better passer&defenser. Molnar is actually worse, I'm not surprised why she's still without club. I think it's time to think about changing her position to libero...

• Terzic has a tendency to prefer older players with more experience, let's see. I also hope Ana will play as starter, you know :roll:

Nikolic has NOTHING to offer for this team, you're totally right. She used to be a real bomb for Serbia like 6 years ago but now she's just a mediocre player without any specific skills. Mihajlovic and Malagurski are better attackers than her and Malesevic better passer&defenser. Molnar is actually worse, I'm not surprised why she's still without club. I think it's time to think about changing her position to libero...

:lol: :thumbsup:

• Molnar was so poor in Poland, both as spiker and receiver, why Terzic still calls her to NT ?( She's wasting her place for other players. Malagurski could have been out because of it :whistle: she's there as OP, exactly as you thought USAvolleyfan ^^

• well i think we can all agree that the WGP was a disappointment. do you guys think that Serbia have any chance of getting a medal at WCH? also, what changes would you like Terzic to make before the WCH, or would you like to see the same starters and Brakocevic if she can play?

• well i think we can all agree that the WGP was a disappointment. do you guys think that Serbia have any chance of getting a medal at WCH? also, what changes would you like Terzic to make before the WCH, or would you like to see the same starters and Brakocevic if she can play?

I personally don't think they have chances to medal, I even hope they won't humiliate themselves.. Personally I love Serbian team and girls but what Terzic does is nonsense! First he is playing with the same group and starting players for like 100 years.. He calls some youngsters in the roster yes, but he has to give them a chance. She did give Stefana a chance when she was only 17 in the WC in Japan. Now it's not a different situation, he has to give a change to younger players so that they can replace the older ones. Nikolic has been one of my first favorite Serbian players, she still is, and it breaks my heart to see her playing so poorly but she has to go.. she really does. Also Molnar, she has to go too.. They are bringing nothing. OK the Olympics were unfortunate for them yes, them came 2013 ECH and when they did not make anything there I think it was time for Terzic to give other players a chance so that they can play in such a big competition like WCH. Malesevic is not that young and she has some experience so why not let her play with Mihajlovic. He also is not calling Blagojevic who can be really helpful. Serbia has another OHs like Bursac, Kecman who can receive decent.. they should be given a chance. I know Jovana is a pretty big player for them but they can't break down every time she is not playing.

So to sum up, Terzic has to change some of his starting players. IMO this should be the team:

S:Ognjenovic, Radenkovic/Zivkovic
    OH: Mihajlovic, Malesevic, Malagurski, Blagojevic
    OPP: Bjelica, Jovana (of course she comes first when healthy)
    MB: Rasic, Krsmanovic, Veljkovic, Stevanovic
    L: Cebic, Popovic

Not many changes as you see, I would only give Malesevic a chance. Bjelica before Malagurski because I think Ana still hasn't shown what she can do and she needs time to get to that top player form and she need experience. I don't like Krsmanovic (I don't know why) but she is very useful and a great slider so she will not be out for Stefana