Turkey NT 2014

• I count only Bahar-Büşra, Dicle is NOT REGISTERED :!: maybe they'll change it in a week before it's too late, she should be there instead of Ceylan or Seyma (if we replace OH by MB, the other way round as it was done with Eda and Meliha ^^)

I know she is pretty short but isn't Asli Kalac in the roster? She is really fast, doesn't make killing blocks but often at the right place in blocking and I like her attacks. She is strong and place the ball very well.

• I know she is pretty short but isn't Asli Kalac in the roster? She is really fast, doesn't make killing blocks but often at the right place in blocking and I like her attacks. She is strong and place the ball very well.

Well she wasn't so good this year. She's just in the wide roster. Bahar-Dicle-Kübra-Özge and if she likes to join, Eda are good enough at the moment. No comment about Büşra :thumbdown:

kondzio, I just hope we wont have to play with 2 MBs in the roster :lol:

• Asuman is a good setter. hanke was hired to play and Asuman was melhor.gamze was playing well in the semifinals but not in European league she played well. Asuman deserves more chances than gamze. in MB, kubra deserves a chance as a starter, ozge yurtdagulen deserves a chance to play too, busra is not reliable. bahar is terrible in the attack, in sacking and has an average lock. Dicle has a great lock but we do not know how it will play. I do not see many qualities in ceylan. asli has a lesion. in WG, gozde is reliable. Neriman has horrible reception but a good attack. I hate seda, it is bad reception, attack, defense. guldeniz have good reception at times, but a bad attack. meliha may be a surprise to us. I do not trust yilmaz gozde. and I do not understand seyma the grand prix. she was playing very badly in the European league. I wanted to see the grand prix ceyda aktas, damla, ezgi dagdelenler. I no understand yeliz and pollen out of the first week. Neslihan'll have to play alone

• After rewatching all of Turkey's matches from this weekend I can say Meliha's 'problem' was her arm swing. I say 'problem' because it's not really a problem, it's just because of that she is adjusting harder to hit on the right. I mean she can't hit the line, the sets are too fast for that. She was fine hitting on the left. Also she was getting less balls than she should IMO. She is a good young talent as I have said before, she can be even better in the future

• I have one question.. Is Ozge out of NT like for forever? I never thought of her as a bad setter, she might be not the most skillful but she has always been really creative

I was about to write the same. I know Özge failed many times in the NT but considering all other options, she could do a much bette sub than Cagla & Gamze. Seems like Barbolini totally forgot about her but I'm sure she will come back if she keeps performing well in Tauron. I also agree that she is more creative and a good setter compared to other alternatives than Naz. She makes a lot of double touches but that happens mostly when she is entering the game cold. Moreover her experience could be beneficial to the team.
    About Meliha, I actually thought she had troubles with her stepping. I think she is not used to the stepping style from zone 2 attacks and contacts ball pretty wrong due to that.

• A nice summary of the WGP 2014 journey of Turkey until now: http://www.voleybolextra.com/3…inden-deneyim-ve-gelisim/
    It's in Turkish. Simply criticising Barbolini due to his choices of players, not taking time outs when needed and using subs on time. There is also a criticism towards Guldeniz that she basically does not receive well, position herself wrong in defense (often infront of Gözde) and that the announcers support her a lot for some reason?!

I agree on all comments. First of all the setter choice of Barbolini. I think he made the right choice by starting with Naz since she distributes the balls better and it is harder to read her sets. As the article mentions, you can even read Asuman's sets from the TV and also she played to position 4 a lot in the last weekend. However if Barbolini aims to start with Naz in the finals and use Asuman as a serving expert, that is wrong. If he needs a setter that can serve well and who will be a sub during the entire time, then he should call for Gamze instead. Especially since he never makes double subs during the game anymore.

About the middles. The article praise MBs who played so far but criticize that they had troubles to block the edges (2-4). Often there is a gap between Gözde and the MB or Neriman and the MB. One can understand this if you play against Japan but when you play against Russia, how can they be late in blocking? Especially considering that Russian middles only produced 3 points in the last game. Moreover Barbolini has been pretty late to make changes. Sometimes MBs might fail and I believe that he should have given more chances to Özgenur. Bahar is an extreme player. At one point she kills balls in row and blocks, in another point he misses, hits the ball out and is late to blocks. Sometimes she makes aces, often she serves out. I believe Özgenur could use a chance in some parts of the game.

About Guldeniz, I understand that Barbolini and many others prefer her when Meliha is in back row. But I really dont see Guldeniz making aces or serving so good that the opponent cant attack properly. Moreover her reception was worse than Meliha in one of the games that Barbolini had to resub Meliha in the game. Moreover Barbolini forgot to resub Meliha many times although Guldeniz came to the front row. As many people mentioned it, I believe playing with a 2nd libero, in that case with Gizem Örge who is a better receiver than both Gizem K and Merve would be a good option. So Gizem Örge comes in when Meliha is in the back row. Guldeniz attacks from zone 2 maybe 2 times in a game and never from the backrow, so what does she have at all to be a good sub?

About Gizem Karadayi, I know she is a good digger but her reception is bad as many mentioned. Im surprised that in the article she is not mentioned. However many trainers who watched the game with Russia can easily see that Gizem Karadayi fails to receive long/high serves. That is due to her typical libero behaviour that she forgets to use her fingers to receive. In man's volleyball we see that often but women liberos except Castillo never receives with fingers. She has to find a solution to those serves. Moreover she has to learn how to set the ball when needed. All the balls Naz received in defense, Gizem ruined them by terrible sets. If she cant do that, I guess the MBs should set such balls instead of her.

I hope we will see some new faces in the finals such as Polen, Gözde Yilmaz... I would also like to see Cansu Cetin as a sub for Meliha.

• Turkish NT will play 2 friendlies against The Netherlands, in Doetinchem (WGP-location) for Gelderland Cup

Gelderland Cup:

17-09 The Netherlands - Turkey
    18-09 The Netherlands - Turkey

http://www.volleybalkrant.nl/n…e-locatie-gelderland-cup-

WCH in Italy starts at 23-09 :win:

• This friendly games are good both teams. But we need to play against which teams have good reception. Our problem is playing fast. Sorry but Holland is quite weak at reception.

• Neslihan won't be able to play in WCh :wall: Final 14 roster for Turkey:

MBs: Özgenur Yurtdagülen, Kübra Akman, Ceylan Arısan, Bahar Toksoy
    Opps:Seda Tokatlıoğlu, Pelon Uslupehlivan.
    Setters: Naz Aydemir, Asuman Karakoyun.
    OHs: Neriman Özsoy, Meliha İsmailoğlu, Gözde Sonsırma, Güldeniz Önal
    Libero: Gizem Karadayı, Merve Dalbeler

Büşra Cansu is also out due to a knee injury. MBs are pretty inexperienced except Bahar :S Seda was awful whenever she enters the game and she was injured, also Polen was injured. I hope both has fully recoverd well and can contribute on attack better than Meliha&Güldeniz duo :rolleyes:

• I think Barbolini isn't going to substitute Gözde-Neriman due no matter what. He will use Meliha/Güldeniz as alternative to Polen.
    By the way Polen wasn't injured, her absence was because of Barbolini's choise.
    At least Neslihan tried until the last minute unlike Eda :whistle:

• I think Barbolini isn't going to substitute Gözde-Neriman due no matter what. He will use Meliha/Güldeniz as alternative to Polen.
    By the way Polen wasn't injured, her absence was because of Barbolini's choise.
    At least Neslihan tried until the last minute unlike Eda :whistle:

Yes she was. That was also the reason why she did not play at the European League and played only the last game if i'm not wrong. And Barbolini didint know if she will be back on time from that injury and the roster was already sent to fivb. Maybe he could change a few names but maybe he also doesnt want to take risk and needs her for WCH.

• Saw it now! Really sad news for Turkey. Barbolini gotta develop new tactics because relying on Neriman&Gözde duo will cost a lot to Turkey. I would like to see Neriman attacking from zone 1 whenever she is in the back row and in the front row, Meliha can attack from zone 2. I hope we will see Polen as regular OPP and Neriman & Gözde duo as OHs. He played like this in GsD for years. I don't understand the choices of Ceylan Arisan and Merve anyway. Asli Kalac did not have a bad season in GsD and should be there instead. About Merve, he should have decided on either Merve or Gizem K. The team needs a good receiving libero as a sub.

• Yes she was. That was also the reason why she did not play at the European League and played only the last game if i'm not wrong. And Barbolini didint know if she will be back on time from that injury and the roster was already sent to fivb. Maybe he could change a few names but maybe he also doesnt want to take risk and needs her for WCH.

This is from her twitter;

@polen6 Polen Allah aşkına yeter ya. Hala sana sakat diyorlar. Biz gidicez burda stresten. Yazılı falan bir açıklama lütfen.
    @polen6 Kesinlikle..Her sakat olarak lanse edildiğinde sinirleniyoruz..Sakat değil o kız diye çırpınıyoruz.
    polen uslupehlivan @ ben sıkıldım artık aciklama yapmaktan oyuzden bosverin:)

• Neslihan :( :(

Kübra - Bahar is a good duo :win:

• No, she mentioned she is tried of explaining she isn't injured ;)

Well I don't care about this issue too much but in her tweet at 27 August, she replied someone as "I recovered I will be in the WCH camp".