USA NT 2014

• Fawcett played OH in college and was devastating, still not 100% sure why she decided to switch to OP position. I honestly think past Larson, Danielson is the next best "all-around" OH the US has right now. If only poor Cynthia... :(

She switched because she can't receive....the same reason Hooker switched and Ogonna Nnamani before her. The USA NT will probably never play with a non-receiving OH and many of the OH's coming out of the NCAA don't receive serve at all due to the substitution rules and therefore have to switch positions in order to stay on the court.

• She switched because she can't receive....the same reason Hooker switched and Ogonna Nnamani before her. The USA NT will probably never play with a non-receiving OH and many of the OH's coming out of the NCAA don't receive serve at all due to the substitution rules and therefore have to switch positions in order to stay on the court.

I thought Fawcett's reception was decent, like Hodge-level at least? Instead of switching positions I feel that these players should develop reception skills, that way they can be both deadly defensive and offensive.

• I thought Fawcett's reception was decent, like Hodge-level at least? Instead of switching positions I feel that these players should develop reception skills, that way they can be both deadly defensive and offensive.

Well the thing is Megan is not passing decent... yes she had some matches when shr did OK, but most of them she has been passing really bad

• All the list of players trainning with NT right now:

Outside Hitters: Kristin Hildebrand (Orem, Utah); Hayley Hodson (Newport Beach, Calif.); Regan Hood (Dallas, Texas); Alix Klineman (Manhattan Beach, Calif.); Cassidy Lichtman (Poway, Calif.); Kat Luft (Thousand Oaks, Calif.); Kelly Reeves (San Diego); Kelsey Robinson (Bartlett, Ill.); Maddie Martin (Tampa, Fla.), Kim Hill (Portland, Ore.), Sonja Newcombe (Lake Arrowhead, Calif.)

Middle Blockers: Foluke Akinradewo (Plantation, Fla.); Tori Dixon (Burnsville, Minn.); Lauren Gibbemeyer (St. Paul, Minn.); Christa Harmotto (Hopewell Township, Pa.); Cursty Jackson (Los Angeles); Alexis Olgard (Spokane, Wash.); Katie Slay (Raleigh, N.C.); Carly Wopat (Santa Barbara, Calif.), Rachael Adams (Cincinnati, Ohio), Lauren Paolini (Ann Arbor, Mich.).

Opposites: Alaina Bergsma (Chandler, Ariz.); Juliann Faucette (San Diego, Calif.); Kylin Munoz (Monroe, Wash.); Kelly Murphy (Wilmington, Ill.); Bailey Webster (Baltimore, Md.)

Setters: Molly Kreklow (Delano, Minn.); Carli Lloyd (Bonsall, Calif.); Lauren Plum (Poway, Calif.), Jenna Hagglund (West Chester, Ohio)

Liberos: Kayla Banwarth (Dubuque, Iowa); Nicole Davis (Stockton, Calif.); Natalie Hagglund (Encinitas, Calif.); Kristen Hahn (Cedar Rapids, Iowa)

• Thanks Joana :flower: so we have mix of main NT members and many less experienced, I wonder which hirls will get a chance in Qualification Tournament for WCH :roll:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I wonder why Hooker not there...even if she is injury, she could be recovering with NT...and she is free from clubs responsabilities..so...

Weird decision, but we saw what was in Puerto Rico. She wasn't ready to play, she was distacted and some problems with an ankle. Maybe she'll join them later :whistle:

• Weird decision, but we saw what was in Puerto Rico. She wasn't ready to play, she was distacted and some problems with an ankle. Maybe she'll join them later :whistle:

I wonder too.. I hope she joins because I really want to see USA win gold in WCH, neither Kelly nor Fawcett are ready for that. I also want to see Logan back.. :love: :love: :love: Logan please, please get back :heart: :heart: :heart:

• And what's with Megan Hodge ?( her season in China ended long time ago. Does she have an injury or is unavailable because of personal situation ?(

• And what's with Megan Hodge ?( her season in China ended long time ago. Does she have an injury or is unavailable because of personal situation ?(

good question..not even remembered her...indeed, dont know where she is...maybe she is injuried like Hooker and will join later? ?(

• Well, I think Larson is much more mature as an athlete right now than she was in London, of course...and her and Hildebrand can do a pretty good job together imo.

But of course, Logan is Logan...she is one of the most complete OH in history of volleyball..

• Well, I think Larson is much more mature as an athlete right now...and her and Hildebrand can do a pretty good job together imo.

But of course, Logan is Logan...she is one of the most complete OH in history of volleyball..

My points was Larson is a good receiver but as someone mentioned on this forum she is not able to be the passer OH. In WGCC she received well but not that great as for passing OH. You get me now... when she has another great receiver besides her she does it pretty well, when attacking OH is playing with her she is not passing on the highest level.. But I do agree she is a very coplete player now

• My points was Larson is a good receiver but as someone mentioned on this forum she is not able to be the passer OH. In WGCC she received well but not that great as for passing OH. You get me now... when she has another great receiver besides her she does it pretty well, when attacking OH is playing with her she is not passing on the highest level.. But I do agree she is a very coplete player now

No, I know what you mean. ^^ I guess time will tell how well Jordan and Kristin can do together..it will all depend also in the libero and the game Us team will play...Kristin grew a lot in Brazil this season though she played as a passing opp.

• Well, neither Nicole Davis nor Tamari Miyashiro isn't a great receiver :whistle: moreover Kayla Banwarth and Natalie Hagglund also aren't the best in this element... IMHO Tom is still the best option to help Larson being more precise and calm as receiver and these liberos may be not enough for Jordan when next to her we'll see on court Hildebrand, Hill or Hodge, especially with Davis as libero :lol:

About Hildebrand: she should improve either spiking skills or her reception-defence because now she's good OH, BUT many people expect from her more than she does actually; in key matches she still can be a problem for NT - in last year WGP Kiraly sometimes sacrificed Kristin, taking her out and played with Lichtman who brought less in terms of spiking, but she was great solution in backrow :teach:
    so an optimum seems to be Larson with Hildebrand with Lichtman entering to backrow ^^ (if Tom isn't back)

Another soulutions:
    Maybe they should take a risk and let Larson play as all-round OH with Klineman/Hill/Hodge/Faucette as an offensive OH ?( on the other hand it may bring some obstacles in reception :whistle: How about trying Hood/Newcombe/Mancuso as players with bigger role in NT ?( It's hard to consider here Becky Perry because she has to be covered on reception and it's main problem having libero like Davis/Miyashiro/Banwarth/N. Hagglund with Larson on reception.