Korean NT 2014

• Preliminary NT roster for 2014
    Korea NT will participate Grand Prix, AVC cup, and Asian Game

Coach : Sun-goo Lee (GS Caltex)

Left : Kim Yeon-Koung (Fenerbahce), Song-yi Han (GS), Ye-lim Ko (Hi-pass), Jung-ah Park (IBK), Mook-hwa Baek (KGC), Jae-Yeong Lee (Sun-myeong Highschool)

Right : Yoo-na Bae(GS), Yeon-joo Hwang (Hyundai), Seung-joo Pyo(Hi-pass)

Center : Soo-ji Kim (Hyundai), Hyo-jin Yang(Hyundai), Hee-jin Kim (IBK), Hye-jin Kim (Heung-kuk), Jun-im Ha (Hi-pass)

Setter : Hyo-hee Lee (IBK), Ji-yun Jung(GS), Da-young Lee (Sun-myeong Highschool), Su-ji Han (KGC), Hye-sun Yeom(Hyundai)

Libero : Ji-Yeon Nam(IBK), Hye-ran Kim(HI-pass), Ji-young OH (Hi-pass), Hyun-jung Na (GS)

• Why are setter Kim Sa Nae and Hjo-sin (MB) missing? :huh:

• A lot of these names are new and players I haven't seen...anyone in particular you think who has the potential to be a good NT player?

• I hope that Hye-Seon Yeum will be back in 12-14 for matches, I rember had as quite good setter ^^ roster for me is really good, I expected worse, similar to this from last year.

For main roster can be called:
    S: Hye-Seon Yeum, Hyo-Hee Lee
    R: Yoo-Na Bae, Yoon-Joo Hwang
    L: Yeon-Koung Kim, Song-Yi Han, Mok-Hwa Baek, Jeong-Ah Park
    C: Su-Ji Kim, Hyo-Jin Yang, Joon-Eem Ha, Hee-Jin Kim (also R)
    L: Hae-Ran Kim, Jie-Youn Nam

The biggest question mark for me was second setter because I don't know these players well except Yeum, they change setters too often :whistle: main offensive power should be Kim, Han and Yang. Good prospects for me are Mok-Hwa Baek, Jeong-Ah Park and Joon-Eem Ha. Last year I remember too many switching players' postitions, Wing-Spikers appeared as MBs :what: Thanks to weaker roster team lost WCH qualifications against Kazkhstan :aww: :mad:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• A lot of these names are new and players I haven't seen...anyone in particular you think who has the potential to be a good NT player?

hm...
    I don't see much in fact. I hope Mok-hwa Baek or So-young Lee do something better on the left instead of Song-yi Han.
    however unfortunately I don't think we can make better team. We don't have much good players in pro-league. V-league depends too much on foreign players.

The coach is from GS. He led GS to the champion this year and I respect him. that is a little hope that I can have of this roster tho.

well, Kim as well and all the best for the team anyway.

• Yes I remember too, it was so confusing. I guess this was due to the lack of decent player on each position. Not from special strategy. The setter Hyo-Hee Lee is as good as Hye-seon Yeom. Even better in this season. She was the main setter of Heung-kuk when Yeon-koung Kim was in the team. 2008-2009 season. also few times she played in NT with Kim. I thinkg Hyo-Hee Lee will be the main setter of this roster than Hye-seon Yeom. She is currently the main setter of IBK, supporting Hee-jin Kim and Jung-Ah Park.

• Korea will of course rely on Kim but they really need to develop an OPP player. She doesn't need to be the best in the world but be able to put the opposition's block under more pressure to give Kim and Han gaps in the block. Hwang is too short and not consistent enough to be that sort of player. Bae is also more of a MB-type OPP than a true OPP, right? Part of the reason I think Korea did well during OG was that Hee-Jin Kim had a good tournament as OPP.

• Korea will of course rely on Kim but they really need to develop an OPP player. She doesn't need to be the best in the world but be able to put the opposition's block under more pressure to give Kim and Han gaps in the block. Hwang is too short and not consistent enough to be that sort of player. Bae is also more of a MB-type OPP than a true OPP, right? Part of the reason I think Korea did well during OG was that Hee-Jin Kim had a good tournament as OPP.

They can just put Hee-Jin Kim again as OPP, because she's here ^^ notice that in Korea we classify players not as OH and OPP, but as Left and Right and players are more sticked to their positions :teach:

• They can just put Hee-Jin Kim again as OPP, because she's here ^^ notice that in Korea we classify players not as OH and OPP, but as Left and Right and players are more sticked to their positions :teach:

Maybe is best solution, but then the problem will be that both middle blocker will be very poor I am afraid. Let's see... IMHO Park Jeong-Ah much better than Han Song-Yi.

• Hee-jin Lee plays as MB in domestic league and she said that she feels more comfortable with MB position. maybe that's the reason she appears as MB on the list. In fact she is the second powerful MB in domestic league after Hyo-jin Yang.

but... apparently there is no decent player as OPP in the list so probably she will take the role.

Jung-ah Park can attack as good as Song-Yi Han (even better) but she can't receive. she played pretty good as MB last year against China at bronze medal match, tho.

• Team's photo:
    http://www.fivb.org/visasp/Img_GetImage.aspx?No=201411830

If I am right, I can recognise:
    in back row: Joon-Eem Ha (MB), Su-Ji Kim (MB), Jeong-Ah Park (L/MB), Hee-Jin Kim (MB/R), Seung-Ju Pyo (R/MB), Yeon-Koung Kim (L/R), Song-Yi Han (L), Hyo-Jin Yang (MB), Mok-Hwa Baek (L), Yoo-Na Bae (R/MB/L), Ji-Youn Jung (S)
    in front row: Hye-Seon Yeum (S), Ye-Rim Go (L/R), So-Young Lee (R), Hyun-Yung Na (Li), Hae-Ran Kim (Li), Jie-Youn Nam (Li), Hyo-Hee Lee (S), Jae-Yeong Lee (L), Da-Yeong Lee (S)

Only Youn-Joo Hwang (R) is missing here ^^

Edited 2 times, last by kondzio ().

• If I am right, I can recognise:
    in back row: Joon-Eem Ha (MB), Su-Ji Kim (MB), Jeong-Ah Park (L/MB), Hee-Jin Kim (MB/R), Seung-Ju Pyo (R/MB), Yeon-Koung Kim (L/R), Song-Yi Han (L), Hyo-Jin Yang (MB), Mok-Hwa Baek (L), Yoo-Na Bae (R/MB/L), Ji-Youn Jung (S)
    in front row: Hye-Seon Yeum (S), Ye-Rim Go (L/R), So-Young Lee (R), Hyun-Yung Na (Li), Hae-Ran Kim (Li), Jie-Youn Nam (Li), Hyo-Hee Lee (S), Jae-Yeong Lee (L), Da-Yeong Lee (S)

wow, it's great you can tell the Lee twins by their appearance :thumbup:

Mok-Hwa Baek is not in this photo.

next to Yang, it's Hye-Jin Kim (MB).

• wow, it's great you can tell the Lee twins by their appearance :thumbup:

Mok-Hwa Baek is not in this photo.

next to Yang, it's Hye-Jin Kim (MB).

Thanks for correction ^^ Hye-Jin Kim was hidden a bit behind Hyo-Hee Lee so I thought that it can be Mok-Hwa Baek :whistle: it wasn't so hard to recognise others just looking at their individual photos, I got about half of them correctly seeing picture first time :D

• Short comments so far IMHO,

2. Mok-Hwa Baek : Left, first debut as NT, mostly back up. not remarkable so far but hope better play
    3. Hyo-Hee Lee : Setter, experienced, spent 2 seasons in IBK with Jung-Ah Park and Hee-Jin Kim, that may be an asset
    4. Haeran Kim : Libero, disappointing in reception and dig wrt previous, but decent one point server
    5. Jiyeon Nam : Libero, disappointing, too. but cheer up girls!
    10. Yeonkoung Kim : Left, nothing to add.
    11. Jungah Park : Left, not excellent but not bad. lack of reception and dig is well know weakness.
    12. Songyi Han : Left, not deserve as an NT member. The major weakness of the team but plays almost in fulltime as receving-OP, making 2 or 3 points per game.
    16. Yoona Bae : Right, replaced by Jungah Park due to poor performance during 2nd games. poor passing, poor block
    17. Hyojin Yang : MB, injured, may skip all GP
    19. Heejin Kim : MB, once good, once bad, once good and once bad... needs to increase her consistancy.
    21. Jaeyoung Lee: Left, main OH with Yeonkoung Kim. doing good so far
    22. Dayoung Lee: Setter, lack of experience. doing good wrt her age(19) but seems too young to take charge of whole game especially in decisive moments.

Honestly, how miserable will be the team except Kim. The coach said the (only) goal of 2014 NT is to win the gold at Incheon Asian game. The team showed terrible performances against Brazil and USA. Setting by Dayoung Lee was so unstable but the coach let her to take charge of whole game, than he said "I think it would be a good experience for young players". It seems that they consider GP as good chance to practice before Asian Game. what a pity. I think it is not worth to watch the game and support the team as a spectator if it's just a "practice game".

• '
    unrelated uestion: in the korean league how much does player make in terms of korean won?

• You mean korean players? or foreign players?
    except foreign players, maximum about 180M-200M won but no idea about minimum. maybe 40M or 50M?
    The salary of foreign players is limited around 300M or so by KOVO rule, but I guess they earn more inofficially.

• You mean korean players? or foreign players?
    except foreign players, maximum about 180M-200M won but no idea about minimum. maybe 40M or 50M?
    The salary of foreign players is limited around 300M or so by KOVO rule, but I guess they earn more inofficially.

is that yearly salary? because if so then wow kyk makes a lot of money

• Yes annual one. In fact the total sum of all players of the team is fixed by KOVO rule. I forgot the exact amount but seems like ~20 000M
    One player can not take the whole 20 000M