Dominican Republic NT 2014-15

• I guess that we won't have changes in roster, for me 16 players have chances for play:
    S: Marte, Echenique
    OPP: Mambru, Nunez, J.Rodriguez
    OH: De La Cruz, Rivera, B.Martinez (also OPP), Peña, Binet (back row)
    MB: Vargas, Arias, Fersola, Eve-Castilo
    L: Castillo, Fernandez

In wide roster can appear S: Toribio, Perez, OPP: Gonzalez, OH: Soriano, Moreno, MB: Rondon?, J.Martinez, M.Rodriguez, L: Caso

I don't think that Kwiek will add someone to 16, maybe Jineiry Martinez has chances. What about Lisvel Eve - is she playing or not ?(

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Doesn't look like she is going to play for now...maybe close to the end of the year.

Pity, but health is the most important, so she's still out. It means that we have 3 certain MBs and 1-3 behind them, it can be bigger opportunity for Jineiry to be in training with main team ^^

• http://deportes.terra.com.pe/v…CM10000098cceb0aRCRD.html

Jeoselyna Rodriguez injured. Out for a while...

Is it something serious? ;(

• :whistle:

Unfortunately is serious injury. Probably, NT season for Yosi is over. Now she is coming back to DR and she will have a surgery and then doctors will say, how tough it is.

• Unfortunately is serious injury. Probably, NT season for Yosi is over. Now she is coming back to DR and she will have a surgery and then doctors will say, how tough it is.

Poor Jeoselina ;( what kind of injury did she get?

• Wow, Karla Echenique isn't going to play in DR NT anymore. Now she is Puertorican citizen.

Unforunately, because of injury, Jeoselyna isn't going to play this season also... :(

Lisvel Eve is still recovering, but she is going to play this season, but not sure, if on MB position and not sure if in NT.

Backup of Niverka Marte probably will be Camil Dominguez.

I think Cindy Rondon isn't going to play in NT this season. Carmen Caso after pregnancy... I don't think that she is going to play in NT, but she was playing in some DR league matches ;)

• Poor Jeoselina ;( what kind of injury did she get?

Poor Jeoselina ;( what kind of injury did she get?

She has broken ligament in her knee, but fortunately her muscle is ok, so maybe she will can return faster than all players, which had this type of injury, which is very tough...

• Thanks for these infos, some unexpected changes here 8o maybe Karla thinks about playing for Puerto Rico now :whistle: considering these it'll look like that:

S: Marte, Dominguez
    OP: Mambru, Nunez
    OH: De La Cruz, Rivera, B.Martinez (also OPP), Peña, Binet (back row)
    MB: Vargas, Arias, Fersola
    L: Castillo, Fernandez

It gives us clear 14, in that case maybe no one will be added :whistle:

I hope that Rodriguez will recover as soon as possible, good that at least muscle isn't damaged, maybe she can help during World Championships, though it'll be tough for her to get to proper shape and fight for a spot till Sepetember :S
    I can't imagine Dominican Republic out of WCH because of quite easy qualifications in NORCECA ^^

• DR out of WCH? For me is impossible ;) Even Costa Rica has chance to be on WCH ;)

About Yosi, I hope she will recover until WCH ;)

Still I wouldn't be sure about Lisvel Eve. She still has a chance to be part of the team ;)

• Roster for WCH qualifications:
    S: Niverka Marte, Rosalin Angeles
    OP: Gina Mambru, Brayelin Martinez (also OH)
    OH: Bethania De La Cruz, Yonkaira Pena, Erasma Moreno, Ana Binet
    MB: Candida Arias, Marianne Fersola, Jineiry Martinez
    L: Brenda Castillo

Some surprises in WCH qualfication roster: MB Annerys Vargas and OH Prisilla Rivera got a rest and they're absent. Another case is 2nd setter, Camil Dominguez was earlier mentioned as possible backup and now here we have Rosalin Angeles, who I found last time in 12-roster in 2004 in World Grand Prix (on the other hand I don't know when she played in NT for NORCECA competitions :whistle: ). Others who got a chance are Jineiry Martinez and Erasma Moreno.

Main line-up should look this:
    Marte - De La Cruz - Fersola - Mamru - Pena - Arias - Castillo (L)

• Angeles played the 2007 World Grand Prix and the 2007 Pan American Cup. She played during that year's NORCECA beach volleyball tour.
    She then quit playing for NT. She tried to play in the Spanish super league in 2010.

• Thanks for explanation Oscar :D

• WGP roster:
    S: Niverka Marte, Rosalin Angeles, Camil Dominguez, Celenia Toribio
    OP: Gina Mambru, Brayelin Martinez (also OH), Sidarka Nunez, Gaila Gonzalez
    OH: Bethania De La Cruz (also OP), Prisilla Rivera, Yonkaira Pena, Erasma Moreno, Pamela Soriano
    MB: Candida Arias, Marianne Fersola, Annerys Vargas, Marifranchi Rodriguez
    L: Brenda Castillo, Ana Binet, Winifer Fernandez

In main group should be included:
    Marte, Angeles, Mambru, Martinez, De La Cruz, River, Pena, Arias, Fersola, Vargas, Catillo, Binet and maybe also Nunez and Moreno.

Out are Carla Echenique (S), Lisvel Eve-Castillo (MB/OH), Jineiry Martinez (MB) and Jeoselina Rodriguez (OP/OH). Rodriguez may be back for WCH preparations, I'm not sure about younger Martinez. I worry that Eve won't be back in NT ;( probably Echenique resigned from NT, she played as local player in Puerto Rican league :whistle:

• Lisvel Eve in local press, unfortunately in Spanish :(
    http://issuu.com/beatrizlassis…ssuu/1?e=11452656/8548228

I hope that she'll be back in shape and she maybe will be back in NT in next year :roll: Vargas is 33 years old, so she can play until Rio, but later NT will need experienced MB because they have still young Arias and Fersola (no more Rondon please :D). Eve can fill this gap, moreover she can be used on left wing as an alternative for De La Cruz/River/Pena :wavy: