Japan NT 2014

• Japan has just released their list of players for 2014

Wing Spikers (Opposites are not broken out)
    Saori Kimura, Galatasaray
    Arisa Takada, Toray Arrows
    Saori Sakoda, Toray Arrows
    Yukiko Ebata, Hitachi Rivale
    Mami Uchiseto, Hitachi Rivale
    Saori Takahashi, Hitachi Rivale
    Mizuho Ishida, Hisamitsu Springs
    Risa Shinnabe, Hisamitsu Springs
    Yuuki Ishii, Hisamitsu Springs
    Miyu Nagaoka, Hisamitsu Springs
    Risa Shiragaki, NEC Red Rockets
    Yuka Imamura, Aoyama Gakuin University
    Arisa Inoue, Tsukuba University
    Sarina Koga, Kumamoto Shin-ai Women's High School

Middle Blockers
    Mai Yamaguchi, Okayama Seagulls
    Rika Seki , Okayama Seagulls
    Aimi Kawashima, Okayama Seagulls
    Nana Iwasaka, Hisamitsu Springs
    Yuki Shoji, VC Wiesbaden
    Miyuki Hiramatsu, Toyota Auto Body Queenseis
    Riho Ohtake, Denso Airybees
    Kana Ohno, NEC Red Rockets

Setters
    Chizuru Kotoh, Hisamitsu Springs
    Haruka Miyashita, Okayama Seagulls
    Hitomi Nakamichi, Toray Arrows
    Miya Satoh, Hitachi Rivale
    Natsumi Fujita, Toyota Auto Body Queenseis

Liberos
    Mihoko Tsutsui, Hisamitsu Springs
    Arisa Satoh, Hitachi Rivale
    Yuko Sano, Denso Airybees
    Sayuri Miyamoto, Panasonic (9-woman team)

• Yuki Shoji? Seriously??? She NEVER played in German league because she's far from the level she had some years ago when she was in NT last, and neither of the MBs who started over her in Wiesbaden is great, so she must have been really weak. Very strange to see her in the list now...

• It's a good roster with young power :super: I'm very happy that Yamaguchi and Sano return to the National Team ;) They experience would be help their team during WGP Finals and World Championships. I also don't understand Shoji's return, did she really played bad in Germany? Moreover, what about Kanako Hirai? Why she didn't be in the NT? ?(

Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - Olympic Games 2012
    Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - European Championship 2015
    Silver Medal
    - Prediction Game - Women's - Olympic Games 2012

がんばれ 日本!

• For main 14 I'd choose:
    S: Miyashita, Nakamichi
    WS: Kimura, Ishii, Sakoda, Ebata, Nagaoka, Shinnabe
    MB: Iwasaka, Kawashima, Yamaguchi, Otake
    L: Sato, Sano

The hardest choice is for setter and libero. Chizuru Koto is doing good job. We have also wide variety ofwing-spikers, Ishida and Takada could also find place here instead of one non-receiving: replacing Sakoda/Ebata/Nagaoka. Don't you misswrite the name of libero Tsutsui? I saw Sayaka was the best libero, while here you put Mihoko, is it the same person? Missing is Kotoki Zayasu, but I noticed that she didn't play in league. It's because of injury/pregnancy/retirement?
    Yuki Shoji must be so weak now, I wondered why she was on bench in most games... and I hope that Manabe won't try system with false MB again :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Kotoki Zayasu was listed as number 10 in Hisamitsu Springs.

I know but she didn't play in last games, while starter was Sayaka Tsutsui ^^

• I also don't understand Shoji's return, did she really played bad in Germany?

It's difficult to say it like that because she almost never played, only a few games in the beginning of the season, later she always was on bench. It was also written that she doesn't feel very well in Germany and it was hard for her to get used to life here...

• It's difficult to say it like that because she almost never played, only a few games in the beginning of the season, later she always was on bench. It was also written that she doesn't feel very well in Germany and it was hard for her to get used to life here...

So it was another problem with acclimatization, maybe it would've been easier for her signing another player from Japan ^^

• The heart breaks seeing Shoji being chosen instead of Inoue and Hirai who play at a lot higher level. What was the coach thinking..

• so Yuko Sano is playing, she didnt retire?

• Wasn't Yamaguchi a receiving OPP/OH... or it's another experiment like it was with Sakoda during WGCC?

She was OH/OPP, but she's universal, in Okayama she plays mostly as MB and as WS only if necessary, when her teammates were bad. Yamaguchi and Iwasaka are the best middles in league :teach:

• She was OH/OPP, but she's universal, in Okayama she plays mostly as MB and as WS only if necessary, when her teammates were bad. Yamaguchi and Iwasaka are the best middles in league :teach:

I did not know she could play as MB. Nana is really good indeed, I am still sad she did not make it to London... She is a very good blocker and a strong server too

• I did not know she could play as MB. Nana is really good indeed, I am still sad she did not make it to London... She is a very good blocker and a strong server too

Those days she had tougher competition: Araki, Inoue and Otomo, moreover Iwasaka had smaller international experience...

• It is really surprising that Inoue is not in the wide roster :what:

• It is really surprising that Inoue is not in the wide roster :what:

Maybe after Olympic Games she decided to resign from NT, she wasn't here in last year neither, but she's still paying for Denso Airybees and she's coming back to V-League after one year break ^^ in Denso is also Yuko Sano.

• can someone tell me, when JPN plays with saori, ebata and shinnabe, who are the receivers?

Saori and Risa Shinnabe are receivers. Ebata plays as non-receiving wing spiker 8)

Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - Olympic Games 2012
    Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - European Championship 2015
    Silver Medal
    - Prediction Game - Women's - Olympic Games 2012

がんばれ 日本!